#23 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

[Something about shitty threads and posters, something something I'm awesome.]

[Something else funny.]
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#24 Misti Blue

Misti Blue

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Pissing people off!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostSpademan, on 04 March 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

[Something about shitty threads and posters, something something I'm awesome.]

[Something else funny.]

Meh...guess you didn't get the memo huh?

See... I am indeed

Posted Image

#25 ChicagoPhil

ChicagoPhil

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Poker and web design
  • Favorite Poker Game:Holdem

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostMisti Blue, on 02 March 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Hi Guys,

Yeah...it's me again lol but this time I need your help, so BE NICE!! :icon_shifty:

Last month I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, Seemed like a good idea at the time, but now ....not so much, since a few of my programs are not working properly, possibly due to incompatibility issues?

Question 1: Is there an easy way for me to switch back to Windows 7 without restoring system? What I wanted to try to do, was download windows 7 and install it...but someone recently told me if I don't remove the windows 8, it won't work.

Also another issue I am having (which I think might be related to this windows 8 upgrade), I receive an error message saying the status of my printer is offline, but it isn't. The printer itself is not the issue, since I've tested it out with my ipad and it works. Therefore, the problem is definitely with this laptop.

I have tried everything...googled and read so much feedback, that my head is about to explode!!! Literally! But a few of the issue related suggestions I have read up on, seem too complicated for me...I'm looking for the easiest, quickest fix here.

Any help in either of those 2 issues, would be appreciated...thanks.

http://reviews.cnet....k-in-windows-8/

Windows 8 is windows 7 with the start menu as tiles instead of being nested in the windows icon at the bottom left.

As far as your laptop not connecting to your printer I'm sure it's a workgroup problem or a driver problem. Probably not a hard fix but you do have to know a bit about setting up a home network.

#26 Misti Blue

Misti Blue

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Pissing people off!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hi ChicagoPhil,

Thanks for your comments. Here is an update...

I really hated the w8 upgrade. It messed not only with the start menu, but there was no longer a search feature...which I DEFINITELY need!!! Also (I think) it reset my restore points...I no longer had any.

Therefore, I went with the one suggestion I found on the interwebz - (wasn't solid advice and possibly not a good way to uninstall programs, but I chose it cus it was the simplest way to procede with removing it).

I simply found and deleted all files (manually). And I now have my start menu back, amongst a few other features.

Thing is, my printer still isn't working and I really need it for the coming weeks. Is there any way you can help? You seem to know what you're talking about.

Prior to deleting the w8 upgrade, the error message on printer was that it was offline (when obv it wasn't) - when I would troubleshoot - the fix was to turn on the printer and test again. After deleting the w8 off my system, the printer error message is, "printer not responding". When I run the troubleshooter - problems found were: 'A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing' - "Fixed" (the troubleshooter fixed this issue by cancelling that one job I was printing) grrr...!!

As for the network, I think I have it set up properly. I mean I am no expert, but I do follow instructions well and it was working prior to the w8 upgrade, it just stopped working properly recently. I have a wireless printer and I have it connected to my router via access point. I (think) the set up is good.....I mean, it works with all my other devices, it's just that I can't use it with ipad cus most of the work and pics I need to print are on my laptop and not my ipad. That, plus when I try to print anything from ipad - it doesn't give me the printer properties, therefore everything prints in color. (and I don't like that)

Anyway, at this point I will try anything. Hopefully you can help?

#27 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

W8 has a search...

#28 ChicagoPhil

ChicagoPhil

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Poker and web design
  • Favorite Poker Game:Holdem

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostMisti Blue, on 07 March 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

Hi ChicagoPhil,

Thanks for your comments. Here is an update...

I really hated the w8 upgrade. It messed not only with the start menu, but there was no longer a search feature...which I DEFINITELY need!!! Also (I think) it reset my restore points...I no longer had any.

Therefore, I went with the one suggestion I found on the interwebz - (wasn't solid advice and possibly not a good way to uninstall programs, but I chose it cus it was the simplest way to procede with removing it).

I simply found and deleted all files (manually). And I now have my start menu back, amongst a few other features.

Thing is, my printer still isn't working and I really need it for the coming weeks. Is there any way you can help? You seem to know what you're talking about.

Prior to deleting the w8 upgrade, the error message on printer was that it was offline (when obv it wasn't) - when I would troubleshoot - the fix was to turn on the printer and test again. After deleting the w8 off my system, the printer error message is, "printer not responding". When I run the troubleshooter - problems found were: 'A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing' - "Fixed" (the troubleshooter fixed this issue by cancelling that one job I was printing) grrr...!!

As for the network, I think I have it set up properly. I mean I am no expert, but I do follow instructions well and it was working prior to the w8 upgrade, it just stopped working properly recently. I have a wireless printer and I have it connected to my router via access point. I (think) the set up is good.....I mean, it works with all my other devices, it's just that I can't use it with ipad cus most of the work and pics I need to print are on my laptop and not my ipad. That, plus when I try to print anything from ipad - it doesn't give me the printer properties, therefore everything prints in color. (and I don't like that)

Anyway, at this point I will try anything. Hopefully you can help?

I'm sorry. My mom is in town and I haven't been paying much attention to the internet lately. I'll check back with you soon.

#29 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users