• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,674 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

#WellActually I was just making a joke at Scram's perception of NU. In truth, NU is a bastion of academic freedom. Arthur Butz is a tenured electrical engineering professor at NU, who is also a holocaust denier and his personal webpage on NU servers espoused that belief. People have tried to oust him several times, here's what Bienen wrote in response...

Butz is a tenured associate professor in electrical engineering. Like all faculty members, he is entitled to express his personal views, including on his personal web pages, as long as he does not represent such opinions as the views of the University. Butz has made clear that his opinions are his own and at no time has he discussed those views in class or made them part of his class curriculum. Therefore, we cannot take action based on the content of what Butz says regarding the Holocaust - however odious it may be - without undermining the vital principle of intellectual freedom that all academic institutions serve to protect.

J. Michael Bailey is a Psychology Professor, who's specialty is human sexuality and gender identification, from a evolutionary psychology perspective. He is reviled by the gender identity politics set, and his book, The man who would be Queen, basically sent trans activists into a collective rage. If that had come out in the twitter era, twitter would have melted own. He will never be fired, unless it's for ****ing graduate students, which he's been known to do.

While NU might be rife with hollywood aspirants and the socially leftist, their administration has not, as of yet, bowed down to it.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#42 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:37 AM

Chicago is a ***ing sh*t hole. One can callus themselves to all kinds of input through conditioning but they don't have to immerse themselves in human sewage to be a man.

#43 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,394 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 26 August 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

*your

Damn autocorrect

#44 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

Yeah. Autocorrect.

http://chicago.cbslo...r-car-a-target/

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#45 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 26 August 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

#WellActually I was just making a joke at Scram's perception of NU.

I have no real 'perception' of NU.

View PostBigDMcGee, on 26 August 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Arthur Butz is a tenured electrical engineering professor at NU, who is also a holocaust denier and his personal webpage on NU servers espoused that belief. People have tried to oust him several times, here's what Bienen wrote in response...

J. Michael Bailey is a Psychology Professor, who's specialty is human sexuality and gender identification, from a evolutionary psychology perspective. He is reviled by the gender identity politics set, and his book, The man who would be Queen, basically sent trans activists into a collective rage. If that had come out in the twitter era, twitter would have melted own. He will never be fired, unless it's for ****ing graduate students, which he's been known to do.

While NU might be rife with hollywood aspirants and the socially leftist, their administration has not, as of yet, bowed down to it.

1) Twitter is only relevant to other people on Twitter. While there have been off-instances of rage boiling over and the retard-herd creating a nuisance at peoples jobs, personal lives (Justine Sacco, etc), for the most part, it's not quite as big of a deal as it thinks. People immersed in it, however, are totally convinced Twitter is the beginning and end of all existence. It's not. They're just edgier Facebookers with short quips rather than meme images. The 'wrath of Twitter' is sort of like being informed that you've been ruthlessly mocked by a gathering of Juggalos, or lampooned in a Mongolian newspaper.

2) Check out this line from a review of Arthur Butz's book, "The Hoax of the 20th Century"

For me the door creaked open when I learned that people have been incarcerated for years and heavily fined in some countries for just questioning the orthodox Holocaust story. I asked myself. "What kind of truth needs enforcement ?"

If anyone is interested in seeing what is quite possibly the most hilarious man on the planet, check out Brother Nathaniel.

https://www.youtube..../zionget/videos

He's a mentally ill Jew who trolls other Jews by pantomiming himself as an Orthodox Priest.
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#46 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

http://abc7chicago.c...1-day-/1486523/
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#47 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,674 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

Chicago spit them out fast as ****.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#48 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostScrim, on 28 August 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

based on their Youtube channel they are professional attention whores and their business is trying to be reality stars. Pretty good chance it's all made up.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#49 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 28 August 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

based on their Youtube channel they are professional attention whores and their business is trying to be reality stars. Pretty good chance it's all made up.

That does throw a new wrinkle into things, but any given Justin/Buffy cul-de-sac couple have absolutely no place on the Red Line or South Shore trains.

#50 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,852 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

for some reason i believe everything they said.
Spoiler

#51 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:29 AM

Lois Beckett ‏@loisbeckett 1d1 day ago
There have been roughly 2000 nonfatal shootings in Chicago this year. Police have made arrests in only 73 of them.
Bob

#52 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

If you rat you die. If there are no witnesses and even the victims won't talk, there is nothing you can do.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#53 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 05 September 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

If you rat you die. If their are no witnesses and even the victims won't talk, there is nothing you can do.

Grissom on CSI didn't need no stinking witnesses to solve crimes
Bob

#54 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,852 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:18 AM

chicago really is a shit hole.
Spoiler

#55 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

CWBChicago‏
@CWBChicago
Uptown man charged with ripping penis jewelry out of "rock'n'roll pole dancer" during performance.
STORY: https://goo.gl/9TGnI2
Bob

#56 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:04 AM

Noah Smith‏ @Noahpinion 14h14 hours ago
55.1 percent of the rise in urban murder last year came from one city: Chicago. What is going on, Chicago??
https://www.brennanc...l-year-end-data

lorazede‏
@lorazede
Replying to @Noahpinion
The Chicago PD effectively stopped doing work after they got caught lying about the Laquan McDonald shooting.
https://www.dnainfo....ence-skyrockets
Bob

#57 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:15 AM

The police 'stand down' is real. The black neighborhoods were already pretty Lord-Of-The-Flies'ish, but they're going to be full scale Donner Party here soon.

The reason this issue will never be solved is because both sides have a valid point.
Blacks are totally right in noting that the police are an incredibly abusive, hostile entity in their communities.
Police are totally right in nothing that the only way to effectively police black communities is to be incredibly abusive and hostile.

Society does not accept either premise, yet both premises are true.

#58 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

Perhaps Acorn and Obama could step in and help... democrat control has treated them so well as it is.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users