#41 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on 21 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

I really believe that sometime in the future, after the statute of limitations on political correctness has expired, this administration will go down as the worst collection of idiots ever.

Are you high?

During the presidency of George W. Bush we experienced:

- The worst terrorist attack in our history.
- The start of a major war in Afghanistan.
- The start of another, simultaneous major war in Iraq.
- The worst economic collapse since 1929.

Can you name one single thing that's happened during Obama's presidency that's comparable to any one of those four horrible events, let alone all four?

In relation to those four events, during Obama's presidency we've so far experienced:

- Zero major terrorist attacks, and few minor ones.
- Zero new wars started, and the winding down of the ones already going on.
- A slow but steady economic recovery.

(cue somebody explaining to me, without specifics or in-depth analysis, that all the bad things during Bush's administration were caused by Democrats and all the good things during Obama's administration were happenstance or caused by Republicans, because logic)
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#42 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

I guess lying to a federal judge under oath should only be a crime if your approval rating are below 50%?

And having your IRS target your political enemies is okay with a democrat administration, but if a republican does it they should be impeached?

The need to defend President Obama at any cost does not override the possibility that he has committed crimes.

To date he has ordered the assassination of more American citizens than Bush waterboarded. But his approval numbers change the constitution I guess.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#43 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Remember when a bridge collapsed during the Bush WH?

It was Bush's fault.

In the meantime, President Obama spent nearly a $Trillion, and didn't spend a penny on shoring up an aging bridge in Washington.

Here's some of the things he spent the money on:

700k in stimulus went to fund behavioral research of how monkeys respond to inequality, not fix the Washington bridge.

$427k in stimulus to research better video game design for senior citizens, not the Washington bridge

$447,492 in stimulus spent on development and use of “African American English” amongst 70 adolescents, not the Washington bridge.

$550k in stimulus went to replace windows at a Forest Service center that is closed instead of fixing the Washington bridge

$1.9Million in stimulus went to study international ant research, not the Washington bridge

$389k in stimulus spent to study the separate effects of malt liquor and marijuana, not the Washington bridge

$712k in stimulus funded a grant to develop “machine-generated humor”, not the Washington bridge.

I guess that last one was an attempt to make the Teleprompter President funnier?

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#44 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

MONKEYS THOUGH!

F Cancer

#45 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on 23 May 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Are you high?

During the presidency of George W. Bush we experienced:

- The worst terrorist attack in our history.
- The start of a major war in Afghanistan.
- The start of another, simultaneous major war in Iraq.
- The worst economic collapse since 1929.

Can you name one single thing that's happened during Obama's presidency that's comparable to any one of those four horrible events, let alone all four?

In relation to those four events, during Obama's presidency we've so far experienced:

- Zero major terrorist attacks, and few minor ones.
- Zero new wars started, and the winding down of the ones already going on.Actually
- A slow but steady economic recovery.

(cue somebody explaining to me, without specifics or in-depth analysis, that all the bad things during Bush's administration were caused by Democrats and all the good things during Obama's administration were happenstance or caused by Republicans, because logic)
Actually you are right, idiots was the wrong characterization. But I still predict history will not be kind to this group.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#46 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on 23 May 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Actually you are right, idiots was the wrong characterization. But I still predict history will not be kind to this group.

no kidding - not the boldest statement ever but it is true.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#47 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 23 May 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

I guess lying to a federal judge under oath should only be a crime if your approval rating are below 50%?

And having your IRS target your political enemies is okay with a democrat administration, but if a republican does it they should be impeached?

The need to defend President Obama at any cost does not override the possibility that he has committed crimes.

To date he has ordered the assassination of more American citizens than Bush waterboarded. But his approval numbers change the constitution I guess.

So you don't think the drone strike against Anwar al-Awlaki was a prudent decision? You're outraged by it and/or against it? I'm seriously asking, and I don't think we've ever really discussed it here. It's a very interesting case, and there are lots of points of discussion and debate regarding it. I would have guessed that you were for it, but perhaps not?

And can you please show when Obama "had his IRS target his political enemies?" It happened on his watch so he deserves some of the blame, but suggesting it was his mission, or his idea, or his suggestion, or even that he was personally involved is, I think, a bit of a stretch. Or to put it another way, a fantasy.

P.S. I can't tell how sarcastic you're being about blaming Obama for a bridge collapse, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the answer is: not very.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?

#48 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on 24 May 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

And can you please show when Obama "had his IRS target his political enemies?" It happened on his watch so he deserves some of the blame, but suggesting it was his mission, or his idea, or his suggestion, or even that he was personally involved is, I think, a bit of a stretch. Or to put it another way, a fantasy.

Here's the thing you are forgetting/ignoring.

Nixon had nothing to do with the break ins at Watergate Hotel.

He was impeached for using National Security to stop the FBI from their investigation which he was worried about sinking his re-election.

The IRS targeted Romney donors, Tea Party organizations, and fast tracked democrat political organizations, deep in an election cycle.

President Obama doesn't get to say : "Well, all the people who did this were put in place by me, but since I didn't know they were doing this, I shouldn't be held responsible."

At least not in the rest of the world's history. Democrat koolaide drinkers will sell their soul to hold onto power, even power that is corrupt and cancerous to a healthy society. And it is chilling the blindness being employed.

#49 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

So you don't think the drone strike against Anwar al-Awlaki was a prudent decision? You're outraged by it and/or against it? I'm seriously asking, and I don't think we've ever really discussed it here. It's a very interesting case, and there are lots of points of discussion and debate regarding it. I would have guessed that you were for it, but perhaps not?

Obama targeted an american citizen with assassination, THEN had his 16 year old son killed 2 weeks later. It doesn't matter to me if the first guy deserved it ( he did ) you can search my response following the attack, the issue is that we cannot just trust the guy in office to use power like that responsibility. There should be an investigation, with anal probes and scumbag lawyers trying to make a name for themselves. Then in the future, any president who needs to use this power to kill an American without a trial will make sure he is doing what is necessary and not something that he wants to try out to impress Jody Foster.

I do love the transformation the left is making though, from : "Bush is killing the children" to : "They needed to die because our president said so"

It's reassuring to know that your argument before was never based on facts, which means this one is probably also feelings based.

#50 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

P.S. I can't tell how sarcastic you're being about blaming Obama for a bridge collapse, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the answer is: not very.

There as many on the left who are blaming the bridge collapse on Bush's budget not being spent on infrastructure. This bridge, not just the last one that collapsed 6 years ago.

This is just another way to point the spotlight on the insane spending policies of an administration that used 'stimulus money' to make political pay offs and completely ignored any good they could have accomplished for the country.

And we will pay for their corruption in spades.

And no, that is not a racist comment, by I see that that is where your racist mind goes...

#51 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 24 May 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

There as many on the left who are blaming the bridge collapse on Bush's budget not being spent on infrastructure. This bridge, not just the last one that collapsed 6 years ago.

This is just another way to point the spotlight on the insane spending policies of an administration that used 'stimulus money' to make political pay offs and completely ignored any good they could have accomplished for the country.

And we will pay for their corruption in spades.

And no, that is not a racist comment, by I see that that is where your racist mind goes...
Why the hell is bush even being brought up. Its like they are comforted that Obama is a devious miscreant by pointing to previous mistakes by bush. Or are they just saying we have no right to criticize Obama after what bush has done.

I enjoy them

#52 NickCave

NickCave

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • Interests:Marcel Marceau
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Pussy Blues

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Why the hell is bush even being brought up. Its like they are comforted that Obama is a devious miscreant by pointing to previous mistakes by bush. Or are they just saying we have no right to criticize Obama after what bush has done.

Democrats had to spend eight years dealing with what they perceived to be a criminal and criminally unqualified President in George W. Bush. Republicans, it seems, feel the same way about Obama. So when Republicans criticize Obama, some Democrats respond, "Can't touch me, Bush was worse."

If the point is, "Republicans are being hypocritical by pointing to Obama's flaws when they were so vociferously defending worse/similar mistakes by Bush," then the only takeaway is, "okay, so that's hypocritical." It doesn't change the content of the criticisms, or make them any less appropriate.

Whenever I see Democrats respond to Obama criticism by point to Bush, I cringe.

#53 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 24 May 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Obama targeted an american citizen with assassination, THEN had his 16 year old son killed 2 weeks later. It doesn't matter to me if the first guy deserved it ( he did ) you can search my response following the attack, the issue is that we cannot just trust the guy in office to use power like that responsibility. There should be an investigation, with anal probes and scumbag lawyers trying to make a name for themselves. Then in the future, any president who needs to use this power to kill an American without a trial will make sure he is doing what is necessary and not something that he wants to try out to impress Jody Foster.

I do love the transformation the left is making though, from : "Bush is killing the children" to : "They needed to die because our president said so"

It's reassuring to know that your argument before was never based on facts, which means this one is probably also feelings based.

His son was collateral damage, he was not targeted. Obama did not "have him killed."

I also love the transformation you're making. Many of the things you've been saying are in line with the radical left wing (boo drones, he murdered Awlaki's innocent son, etc).

By the way, I don't represent "the left," or anyone else for that matter. And I don't think my views have shifted radically. I was in favor of the war in Afghanistan from the get go, and have never been against anti-terrorism efforts.

View PostBalloon guy, on 24 May 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

[Nixon] was impeached

Just to be accurate, no he wasn't. But he clearly would have been if he hadn't resigned.

#54 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

I didn't say don't criticize Obama. He's done a lot of things that should be harshly criticized. You're just inventing a narrative when you pretend that I said you have no right to criticize Obama. I just thought it was odd that you called him the worst evarrrrrr!!11!, since a number of horrible things happened under his immediate predecessor, and pretty much nothing nearly as bad has happened under BHO. How can he be the worst in over 200 years if the guy 6 years ago was arguably much worse than him? That was my very obvious point.

#55 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

I think it's nice that BG has some nonsense to bitch about with the economy doing so well thanks to Obama.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#56 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on 25 May 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

I think it's nice that BG has some nonsense to bitch about with the economy doing so well thanks to Obama.
Why is it that when scandals or bad things occur, Obama knows nothing, or wasnt involved, even a little, but let the economy improve slightly, and hes the greatest.

Please explain, and I do have an open mind about it, what exactly Obama did that someone else wouoldnt have, that turned around the economy, if in fact it has turned around and we are not just in a favorable bump at the moment.

I enjoy them

#57 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

I have no idea what Obama knew or didn't know. I don't care about the AP thing; Benghazi is a fake scandal and the IRS thing is real.

Though I only object to the democrat groups not also being audited. All those 501©4s are full of shit about not being political; it's absurd.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#58 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 24 May 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Sounds like most of your arguments.

#59 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Good comeback.

#60 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on 25 May 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

The success of his job's council is amazing...

But the rich are getting richer, and that's what matters in a democrat administration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users