Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostNickCave, on 12 June 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

I am the first person that used the word "misogynist," and I accused you of being a misogynist, so it wasn't unreasonable for me to assume, when, in the very next post, you used the word "misogynist," that you were responding to me. The "speaking only to me" thing is a bit trickier, but only because it is absurd. How was I supposed to respond when you just started randomly invoking Democrat Presidents? Like, "hey, guys, this part might not be for me, so somebody else should take it."

Sure.

Or no.

Or whatever the thing I have to say to get you engage me without pretense or nonsense. (<--- Let's assume I said whatever that thing was.)

So I've suggested you are misogynistic. And I don't care about your "Clinton and Obama are misogynists so liberals lack the moral standing to suggest I am misogynistic" argument.

FINALLY I COME TO SOMETHING TO ADVANCE THE CONVERSATION INSTEAD OF TO PARSE IT

Do you think you judge women solely on their individual merits?

If yes, do you disagree that some of your earlier statements could easily be construed to contradict that?

Edit: I guess I'm saying, why don't we argue politics on the merits, instead of getting bogged down in the crapy?

And why did you vote for the Obama ticket in 08 instead of McCain?

Lost a golf bet with Checky McFold, the little commie

As far as my statements being misconstrued, of course they can be. The PC movement has made us unable to admit many things. You mention women, gays, blacks, if you do not tow the party line exactly as prescribed, then you are sexist, homophobe, racist.

I don't care about labels, because I'm a grown up
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#122 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

:)

#123 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 12 June 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Lost a golf bet with Checky McFold, the little commie

As far as my statements being misconstrued, of course they can be. The PC movement has made us unable to admit many things. You mention women, gays, blacks, if you do not tow the party line exactly as prescribed, then you are sexist, homophobe, racist.

I don't care about labels, because I'm a grown up

Reminds me of the Big Bang episode when Leonard kept telling Sheldon's racist, pyscho, homophobic far right mom, "We don't talk like that anymore". ....
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#124 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's freaking me out to see all these Republicans praising Obama for not stopping the NSA from continuing Bush's Patriot snooping. I mean how much more evidence do you need to know it's wrong! Christ, when Lindsey Graham agrees with you, you have to think twice about what your'e doing! And ohhh the irony, about them loving the NSA having all the info they need, but turn around claim background checks infringe on our freedoms!

Oh well, the Republicans needed a new scandal for the week since all the other bogus ones didn't pan out. Can we impeach Issa now? I mean, child please! Release the damn IRS records if you have something or else admit what we already know, you don't have squat!
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#125 NickCave

NickCave

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • Interests:Marcel Marceau
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Pussy Blues

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on 12 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

It's freaking me out to see all these Republicans praising Obama for not stopping the NSA from continuing Bush's Patriot snooping. I mean how much more evidence do you need to know it's wrong! Christ, when Lindsey Graham agrees with you, you have to think twice about what your'e doing! And ohhh the irony, about them loving the NSA having all the info they need, but turn around claim background checks infringe on our freedoms!

Oh well, the Republicans needed a new scandal for the week since all the other bogus ones didn't pan out. Can we impeach Issa now? I mean, child please! Release the damn IRS records if you have something or else admit what we already know, you don't have squat!

I'm pretty sure covertly surveilling millions of Americansis a big and legitimate enough scandal to last everyone for quite a while. That he was continuing the previous administration's practice does nothing to absolve President Obama of any responsibility.

#126 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Plus there is the problem that under Bush, the only phone records stored were ones that had a foreign connection, and under Obama its any phone call made with a phone.

So Bush: Uses the law to protect America
Obama: Uses the law to spy on Americans so he can target them with the IRS

Which means Bush>>>>Obama.

Again

#127 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image

#128 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,078 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Have you considered not waking up?
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#129 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostNickCave, on 12 June 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure covertly surveilling millions of Americansis a big and legitimate enough scandal to last everyone for quite a while. That he was continuing the previous administration's practice does nothing to absolve President Obama of any responsibility.

I'm not saying it isn't. It is a big deal. I am saying that it's hardly a secret. The law was passed under Bush in '06 allowing it, and it's been pretty much common knowledge. Or that every country doesn't do it to the best of their capability. I'm against it, and for the most part so are progressives. Do you think I trust some future Conservative with that information? **** that. It's just funny to watch Republican congressmen stand up and praise Obama for doing it, while liberals are mostly upset. And the conservative lemming followers can't even keep up with their own scandals any more, as they blast Obama with a zillion meme's for snooping on us, failing to realize it's part of their own goddam platform.

View PostBalloon guy, on 12 June 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Plus there is the problem that under Bush, the only phone records stored were ones that had a foreign connection, and under Obama its any phone call made with a phone.

So Bush: Uses the law to protect America
Obama: Uses the law to spy on Americans so he can target them with the IRS

Which means Bush>>>>Obama.

Again

Again, total bullshit. Hilarious actually. Bush protect us? From what, 9/11? He had that information and look what happened. I mean, I know you love Bush, for umm... what, invading the wrong country and causing I depression a guess. That's your hero.

#130 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Obama, in a speech, slams special interest groups who try to influence politicians......at an eventclosed to the public but open to special interest lobbyist who paidhim money during his election campaigns...

Giving a climate speech on Tuesday at Georgetown University, President Obama said, "We'll need to be less concerned with the judgment of special interests and well-connected donors,and more concerned with the judgment of posterity."

Funny, since even though the general public was barred from the speech, a number of special interest representatives were in the audience. Obama invited his friend Michael Bradley, the executive director of the Clean Energy Group and registered lobbyist. Also in attendance were Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune, president of the League of Conservation Voters Gene Karpinski (who registered as a lobbyist as recently as 2008 and is a long time Democratic donor) and executive director of the American Geophysical Union Christine McEntee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users