Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on 24 May 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

True. Not realizing that someone may or may not be allowed to carry an umbrella should absolutely be within the breadth of knowledge that I want the most powerful man in the world to have.

He's been in office 5 years and he still doesn't understand the complex problem of returning a salute from the Marine at the foot of the stairs when he boards Marine 1.

But at least this time he was lucky enough to have someone on the helicopter smart enough to send him back out to make up for another in a long list of situations that prove to be too difficult for this child president.

Too bad that guy wasn't there to explain that the President of the United States doesn't bow to foreign leaders.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#22 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostNickCave, on 24 May 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

You said, "nope," but then you went on to explain why it actually was upsetting. I'm legitimately confused as to whether you think the umbrella thing is a real issue or not.
Its not upsetting at all. More amusing actually, when piled on with everything else.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#23 NickCave

NickCave

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • Interests:Marcel Marceau
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Pussy Blues

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on 24 May 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Its not upsetting at all. More amusing actually, when piled on with everything else.

You're still doing it. You are saying, "no, it is not upsetting," but then you're following that with, "when you add it to all of the other upsetting stuff, it certainly warrants a reaction." I'm not trying to set you up, man. If the umbrella thing bothers you, just admit it and say, "You know, the umbrella thing bothers me. It might seem silly to some people, but it genuinely concerns me, and here's why..."

Own that shit, man. Or say, "no, it's silly nonsense and has no bearing in a real political discussion, on any level." IT CAN ONLY BE ONE. Take a position. If you waffle all the time, then nobody can say anything, because you can just backtrack and everyone is wasting everyone's time. I have no problem with discourse, but I wouldn't mind some discourse with my discourse. And I am not trying to single out conservatives, here. Applies to libs, too.

#24 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostNickCave, on 24 May 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

You're still doing it. You are saying, "no, it is not upsetting," but then you're following that with, "when you add it to all of the other upsetting stuff, it certainly warrants a reaction." I'm not trying to set you up, man. If the umbrella thing bothers you, just admit it and say, "You know, the umbrella thing bothers me. It might seem silly to some people, but it genuinely concerns me, and here's why..."

Own that shit, man. Or say, "no, it's silly nonsense and has no bearing in a real political discussion, on any level." IT CAN ONLY BE ONE. Take a position. If you waffle all the time, then nobody can say anything, because you can just backtrack and everyone is wasting everyone's time. I have no problem with discourse, but I wouldn't mind some discourse with my discourse. And I am not trying to single out conservatives, here. Applies to libs, too.
OK OK I admit it . It actually drove me bonkers insane when that little twerp made a real man, hold his rain shield. He should be impeached, then frog-marched naked out of Dc. damn I think Im having a nervous breakdown. Luckily the Champions League starts soon, GO DORTMUND.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users