SAM_Hard8

Mr. Aniston, FCP Right Wing Whacko

• Members
  • 29,588 posts
  • Interests:Jennifer Aniston
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 21 November 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

That is a very good article and just goes to show that all politicians in the US will spout B.S. at times to appeal to the scientifically illiterate and that's sad no matter who is saying it.

yes only American politicians will pander....

You got us.
My blog
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx

QUOTE (Mercury69 @ Monday, December 20th, 2010, 5:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aren't we all just parasites living on God's frozen turdballs anyway? Every time God takes a shit, a new galaxy is born. The Milky Way is just a bad case of diarrhea.

#22 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostSAM_Hard8, on 22 November 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

yes only American politicians will pander....

You got us.

Heck no, all politicians will pander to a certain extent. The difference is that the US is the only advanced Western country that I know of that pandering to the ignorance of the electorate when it comes to science is thought of as a winning strategy.

That being said in a lot of places fear mongering about environmental issues and overplaying those is thought of as a winning strategy.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#23 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,079 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

It will be a sweet poetic justice when the right's love of Jesus makes their party irrelevant.

As an atheist, I long for that day, which doesn't seem like its too far away.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#24 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 22 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Heck no, all politicians will pander to a certain extent. The difference is that the US is the only advanced Western country that I know of that pandering to the ignorance of the electorate when it comes to science is thought of as a winning strategy.

That being said in a lot of places fear mongering about environmental issues and overplaying those is thought of as a winning strategy.

Really? I thin it has worked excellent for conservatives and possibly their only chance of staying relevent. Keeping the populace stupid, which isn't difficult, and playing to their biased fears seems to be very effective. They are going to lose some battles, like gay marriage, but they win many of the others. Try talking to a creationist. There is no reasoning with them, and the government has no power nor desire to actively discourage their immoral beliefs. Just saw today, that if allowed, 55% of Republicans would pass laws making Chrisitanity an official state religon, e.g.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#25 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on 11 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Really? I thin it has worked excellent for conservatives and possibly their only chance of staying relevent. Keeping the populace stupid, which isn't difficult, and playing to their biased fears seems to be very effective. They are going to lose some battles, like gay marriage, but they win many of the others. Try talking to a creationist. There is no reasoning with them, and the government has no power nor desire to actively discourage their immoral beliefs. Just saw today, that if allowed, 55% of Republicans would pass laws making Chrisitanity an official state religon, e.g.

You must be pulling our leg or you are a nut and fool!!!!
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users