• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Even tho he hasnt admitted it yet, half the peloton during armstrongs glory days have Admmitted doping along with lance. Do you just vacate the titles or hand it over to the 2nd place finisher who prolly cheated himself?
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#2 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Only Americans are required to follow all rules or forfeit prizes.

Europeans are expected to cheat because they are European.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#3 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

As far as I can tell, every world class cyclist during Lance's dominant run was cheating, therefore his wins are legit, I guess?

I don't really care. I'm glad Lance got exposed but I'm also glad it happened after he did a lot of good for cancer research. It's a good lesson that things are grey, not black and white.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#4 custom36

custom36

FCP Veteran, Politico

• Members
  • 16,157 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I...don't care? We could be looking a while if we want to give it to someone who wasn't cheating. Strip him and pretend it didn't happen - works for the NCAA.

#5 Tomag51

Tomag51

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 17 October 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Only Americans are required to follow all rules or forfeit prizes.

Europeans are expected to cheat because they are European.

That's just mean man :P, Lance was stripped of his Tour de France titles. How can you take a title away from someone who didn't win it? That's why only Armstrong lost his titles, cos he won it 7 times in a row :D

#6 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on 17 October 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

As far as I can tell, every world class cyclist during Lance's dominant run was cheating, therefore his wins are legit, I guess?

I don't really care. I'm glad Lance got exposed but I'm also glad it happened after he did a lot of good for cancer research. It's a good lesson that things are grey, not black and white.

Have you seen Jim Rome's new show on Showtime? I think the first episode was this past week. He has a segment called the Forum where he talks with 4 sports people, and this was one of the topics. Derek Fisher and Tiki Barber both pretty much made the same argument you did about the good he did for cancer research. Then Rome made the argument that he probably wouldn't have had that opportunity if it weren't for the illegal doping. Although, I think Rome's argument does have merit, I tend to side with Fisher, Barber, and yourself.

#7 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostSuperJon, on 24 November 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Have you seen Jim Rome's new show on Showtime? I think the first episode was this past week. He has a segment called the Forum where he talks with 4 sports people, and this was one of the topics. Derek Fisher and Tiki Barber both pretty much made the same argument you did about the good he did for cancer research. Then Rome made the argument that he probably wouldn't have had that opportunity if it weren't for the illegal doping. Although, I think Rome's argument does have merit, I tend to side with Fisher, Barber, and yourself.

No, have not seen it. I despise Jim Rome and just kinda boycott his stuff generally.

It's a weird situation. I think Lance deserves his comeuppance because he set himself up as being the "good" cyclist among the cheating masses and went to such ridiculous lengths to cover everything up. But, at least some good came out of it. At the end of the day, it's cycling, and only France gives a crap about cycling so whatever.

#8 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on 25 November 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

No, have not seen it. I despise Jim Rome and just kinda boycott his stuff generally.

It's a weird situation. I think Lance deserves his comeuppance because he set himself up as being the "good" cyclist among the cheating masses and went to such ridiculous lengths to cover everything up. But, at least some good came out of it. At the end of the day, it's cycling, and only France gives a crap about cycling so whatever.
I still find it wierdthat he has never admitted cheating, nor was there any hard evidence that he did. Only the french would vivasect their greatest national sport on hiersay evidence.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#9 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on 25 November 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

I still find it wierdthat he has never admitted cheating, nor was there any hard evidence that he did. Only the french would vivasect their greatest national sport on hiersay evidence.

Well that's easy, they hated that an American was dominating.

If Lance stepped down from Livestrong, they must have either some hard evidence or a mountain of circumstantial evidence. I don't think it's real question if he doped anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users