Jump to content


Worst Thing I Ever Seen At Nl Cash Holdem Game


  • Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#21 GoCryWolfe

GoCryWolfe

    I ain't your friend, Palooka.

  • Members
  • 1,325 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indy
  • Interests:Hockey and Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

I am loving the comparisons you are making to how casinos would handle this. If you're going to bitch, then go play AT A CASINO. There are plenty in the Detroit area. You chose to play at a BOWLING ALLEY. For some reason, you're expecting a back alley game to play (and be completely honest) the same as a casino does.
According to Petoria, I'm the most hardcore Wings fan in Indy, not Indiana. I call Bullshit.

ISAL.

And I would give anything or kill anyone to be with Julia Roberts, Uma Thurman, Diane Kruger, Elisha Cuthbert, and Elizabeth Shue.

#22 donk4life

donk4life

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 9,215 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

It's also funny that you consider yourself a "very good poker player" and yet you're buying in for 60bbs at a ****ing bowling alley game.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#23 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,688 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostGoCryWolfe, on 17 August 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

I am loving the comparisons you are making to how casinos would handle this. If you're going to bitch, then go play AT A CASINO. There are plenty in the Detroit area. You chose to play at a BOWLING ALLEY. For some reason, you're expecting a back alley game to play (and be completely honest) the same as a casino does.
This post is as dumb as the OP, probably dumber.1) From the OP's story, I assume that the game is a legit, legal poker game, licensed by the state (Michigan?). I know that washington state has at least three bowling alleys that I can think of, that have fully licensed card rooms ( which include black jack and other table games, not just poker) . I assume, given that there was a manager involved and that the guy is going to make a (futile) attempt to talk to the owner of the alley, that game was a legitimate game. Edit: Doing a quick google of Detroit Poker bowling alley, I got Continental lanes.. from their webpage..http://www.continent...com/lounges.htmFour Aces Poker RoomThis lounge is Continental's largest lounge with 11 poker tables. It can accommodate up to 220 poker players. This lounge has 10 plazma Tv's and the largest double sided bar in our facility. Came play poker or club Keno, or just enjoy your favorite televized sports games.An 11 table poker room? I've been to many casinos that have less tables than that. That doesn't sound "back alley" to me.2) Even if it was a back room, illegal game, so what? Lets just assume for a moment it was. You imply that if he would have gone to a casino, he would have gotten a different ruling, a "casino" quality ruling. He would not have. He would have gotten the same ruling at Aria as he got in the bowling alley, illegal game or no.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#24 Mercury69

Mercury69

    Half man! Half man!

  • Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pftph!
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Shut yer ball washer
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#25 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

    FCP Resident Donk

  • Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostSuperJon, on 16 August 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

What?

View Postdonk4life, on 17 August 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

It's also funny that you consider yourself a "very good poker player" and yet you're buying in for 60bbs at a ****ing bowling alley game.
Only things I could think about when reading this thread.And Ian, bowling alley games can be hella profitable!
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#26 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Location:Motown
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Wow. Do we still get fun threads like this?Big D is correct. OP is dumb as well as deaf.And there are a ton of "Charity" Rooms in Michigan. They are regulated and in most cases pretty well run.

#27 CorvairShaggy

CorvairShaggy

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 17 August 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

This post is as dumb as the OP, probably dumber.1) From the OP's story, I assume that the game is a legit, legal poker game, licensed by the state (Michigan?). I know that washington state has at least three bowling alleys that I can think of, that have fully licensed card rooms ( which include black jack and other table games, not just poker) . I assume, given that there was a manager involved and that the guy is going to make a (futile) attempt to talk to the owner of the alley, that game was a legitimate game. Edit: Doing a quick google of Detroit Poker bowling alley, I got Continental lanes.. from their webpage..http://www.continent...com/lounges.htmFour Aces Poker RoomThis lounge is Continental's largest lounge with 11 poker tables. It can accommodate up to 220 poker players. This lounge has 10 plazma Tv's and the largest double sided bar in our facility. Came play poker or club Keno, or just enjoy your favorite televized sports games.An 11 table poker room? I've been to many casinos that have less tables than that. That doesn't sound "back alley" to me.2) Even if it was a back room, illegal game, so what? Lets just assume for a moment it was. You imply that if he would have gone to a casino, he would have gotten a different ruling, a "casino" quality ruling. He would not have. He would have gotten the same ruling at Aria as he got in the bowling alley, illegal game or no.
Anyone else think the spelling/grammer on the website is LOL bad?? Sounds like a shady spot to play, but that wouldn't make it bad. Kinda like going to a smokey old Waffle House at 5:00AM after being out drinking all night. Shady or not, at least some of their rules are industry standard though.
- - - - "It annoys me when players who play the tour for three years and don't do anything chalk it up to "variance." Yeah, has nothing to do with the fact that you suck... you are just unlucky." - - - - - Daniel Negreanu 1-21-2011 Blog

#28 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,688 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

Well, it's in the city of detroit, so you can take shady as a given, but I think all that the grammar/spelling indicates to me is that they outsourced their website development to india.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#29 EAPaaron

EAPaaron

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Detroit, MI
  • Interests:Hockey (Detroit Redwings), Texas Holdem Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Holdem

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 16 August 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

After you call those casinos, and make that 2+2 thread, I expect a full apology. Insulting people who tell you the truth does not bode well for the type of hard truth introspection of your decisions and poker skills that being a poker pro requires. you should consider going back to grad school.
Only one crying is you, you have more posts than I do in this thread and you continue to do so without any replys. If you are trying to look "cool", you have overdone it. I describe a situation and then a simple question at the end of my situation. I know how the casinos operate in the detroit area and they would have not done that. You go off tangent like a child desperate for attention in MY THREAD.Go away.

#30 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

    DJ Vu

  • Members
  • 2,862 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostEAPaaron, on 17 August 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Only one crying is you, you have more posts than I do in this thread and you continue to do so without any replys. If you are trying to look "cool", you have overdone it. I describe a situation and then a simple question at the end of my situation. I know how the casinos operate in the detroit area and they would have not done that. You go off tangent like a child desperate for attention in MY THREAD.Go away.
Everybody here agrees with BigD. You're making yourself look so bad in here, it's become quite entertaining.

#31 EAPaaron

EAPaaron

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Detroit, MI
  • Interests:Hockey (Detroit Redwings), Texas Holdem Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Holdem

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

View Postdonk4life, on 17 August 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

It's also funny that you consider yourself a "very good poker player" and yet you're buying in for 60bbs at a ****ing bowling alley game.
Never said thats how much I bought in. Thats how much I currently had. I had lost 80 previously with AQ vs AQ to a runner runner flush on river when we both flopped 2 Qs

#32 donk4life

donk4life

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 9,215 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

I'm sure you did.So you decided not to reload either, sure signs of a very good player right there.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#33 EAPaaron

EAPaaron

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Detroit, MI
  • Interests:Hockey (Detroit Redwings), Texas Holdem Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Holdem

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Most of you are bad trolls. Lets call the OP dumb and deaf. Lets also bash him too for no reason. Internet talk is funny. Im sure you dont make fun of deaf people in real life. I made a friendly post with a friendly question at the end. Almost looks people are trying to impress Danny by talking crap to people thinking they are the bomb hoping he sees this thread.Yous da bomb!!!!

#34 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

    DJ Vu

  • Members
  • 2,862 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, that's probably it, we're all trying to impress "Danny."Robert's Rules of Poker"Once action begins, a misdeal cannot be called. The deal will be played, and no money will be returned to any player whose hand is fouled.""If the dealer prematurely deals any cards before the betting is complete, those cards will not play, even if a player who has not acted decides to fold.""If the deck stub gets fouled for some reason, such as the dealer believing the deal is over and dropping the deck, the deal must still be played out, and the deck reconstituted in as fair a way as possible."

#35 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

    FCP Resident Donk

  • Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well you did post a hand in a strategy forum. Don't see how limping aces at a 1/2 game is ever good.
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#36 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,688 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostEAPaaron, on 17 August 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Only one crying is you, you have more posts than I do in this thread and you continue to do so without any replys. If you are trying to look "cool", you have overdone it. I describe a situation and then a simple question at the end of my situation.
And I answered it, you just didn't like the answer.

Quote

I know how the casinos operate in the detroit area and they would have not done that.
No you don't. And if you had more than 8 posts on the forum, I would bet you that you could pick any 3 casinos in the detroit area ( including Windsor) and they'd all tell you the same thing. Again, ask 2+2. Actually call the casinos. You have literally zero idea what you're talking about.

Quote

You go off tangent like a child desperate for attention in MY THREAD.Go away.
This isn't "your thread" a-hole. This isn't your private facebook page where you can just delete or block any opinion you don't want to hear. This is a public forum, a forum that you have less that a dozen posts in, and you have zero ownership of this thread. If I want to continue to mock you for your childish behavior, your lack of poker skills, your lack of poker room knowledge, and your hilarious inability to face the truth, I will do so.But please, do tell us how the big meeting with the Bowling alley owner goes tomorrow. We're on the edge of your seat. Maybe call the Michigan Gaming commission, have a representative there with you when you meet with the owner. I'm sure they could use a good laugh. Honestly, that's what you should do, instead of crying to a bunch of strangers, if you REALLY think you were cheated out of your money, then call the gaming board, that's what they are for.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#37 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,688 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostEAPaaron, on 17 August 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Almost looks people are trying to impress Danny by talking crap to people thinking they are the bomb hoping he sees this thread.
Yeah, that's what I'm famous for here. Making posts to impress Daniel Negraneu. I'm sure Bob would agree.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#38 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

    You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

  • Members
  • 33,077 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Barry Manilow's closet

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostEAPaaron, on 17 August 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Never said thats how much I bought in. Thats how much I currently had. I had lost 80 previously with AQ vs AQ to a runner runner flush on river when we both flopped 2 Qs
MAN, YOU HAVE SOME TOUGH LUCK AT POKER. KEEP PLAYING THOUGH, IT WILL EVEN OUT EVENTUALLY

View PostEAPaaron, on 17 August 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Most of you are bad trolls. Lets call the OP dumb and deaf. Lets also bash him too for no reason. Internet talk is funny. Im sure you dont make fun of deaf people in real life. I made a friendly post with a friendly question at the end. Almost looks people are trying to impress Danny by talking crap to people thinking they are the bomb hoping he sees this thread.Yous da bomb!!!!
DON'T LET THESE GUYS BOTHER YOU. YOU GOT JOBBED, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. DO YOU LIKE PRINCE?
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#39 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,688 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#40 Mercury69

Mercury69

    Half man! Half man!

  • Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pftph!
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

To the OP...this may come as a shock, but most of these guys really do know what they're talking about. However, that doesn't make some of them any more likeable. If the problem you're having is "HOW" they are delivering the message, then you're SOL and you should cut your losses, eat what youve been served and either move along or accept the status quo and play by the same rules.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users