• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,841 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

This recession is much different for technical economic reasons.

This recession is a balance sheet recession caused by the massive financial bubble bursting and the private sector deleveraging.

To understand what policies make sense to help you first must understand what caused the problem. The early 80's recession was mainly caused by extremely high interest rates that were used to bring inflation down. Once Reagan's team lowered rates and ramped up spending on defense and other things a quick recovery took place.

This is the best article that I've seen at explaining what a Balance Sheet recession is in a way that people without an economics background can mostly follow.

Balance Sheet Recession Basics – Not Your Father’s Economic Cycle

And a link to a more technical study.
http://www.paecon.ne...sue58/Koo58.pdf
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#82 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,841 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I think what she really means is that a Black Muslim from Kenya can't love America like she does.

http://www.huffingto...003&ir=Politics
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#83 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 04 September 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

I think what she really means is that a Black Muslim from Kenya can't love America like she does.

http://www.huffingto...003&ir=Politics

i would hate to try and explain what she means, that being said on the i don't believe BHO loves America like most of us(even the libs). i think he loves himself and and his ego maybe his family and nothing else. He is the one who wouldn't take the pledge, wear the flag and has a wife who had to make announcement that she was finally proud of the country or whatever he exact words were. yes some of you clowns may have elected him President of this country but i don't think he loves it, I wouldn't be suprised if Bob loves it as much as BHO does!!
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users