Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on 10 May 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Who the shit gets a 3 week spring break in High School though??First of all, it's classmates, plural, as in 5 of them. Second of all, one of them is identified as having been a "close friend." Third of all, "Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record." You make it sound like it's one guy who didn't like him, or who maybe didn't have a very good life. It's actually 5 guys including a close friend, and they sound relatively successful (although it's admittedly difficult to gauge a person's happiness and success based simply on their job title).
Looks like a couple of the other 'friends' are working on the Obama re-election campaign. I'm sure its not relevent though....Romney hates gays and tortures them is what is important.

A question emerges in reading the Washington Post piece on Mitt Romney today: How can Romney’s old pal Stu White tell the Washington Post that he has “long been bothered by the Lauber incident” — and then later admit to ABC News that he was “not present for the prank” and “was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post”?

This is curious.

The Washington Post story reports: “I always enjoyed his pranks,” said Stu White, a popular friend of Romney’s who went on to a career as a public school teacher and has long been bothered by the Lauber incident.

But ABC News, says: “White was not present for the prank, in which Romney is said to have forcefully cut a student’s long hair and was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz1uVhPpFS5

I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#22 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on 10 May 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

3 week spring break is standard for boarding schools
in 1965?

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#23 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on 10 May 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Then be SHOCKED. Never picked on any other kids, ever. I was a victim of it plenty of times, saved a few kids from it, but never did it. I don't think all kids are monsters. Just MITT ROMNEY.
I guess we might have different definitions of "picked on". I didn't ever hit, poke, tackle or bully anyone either. But I definitely teased people at some point from K-12. Did you not tease anyone either? Would you bet your life on that? Have you either done anything wrong? Are you a higher power? Is that why you're an athiest, because you KNOW the truth?
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#24 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 10 May 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

in 1965?
I don't know just saying from my own experience. Prep schools are pretty big on tradition.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#25 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,405 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 10 May 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Looks like a couple of the other 'friends' are working on the Obama re-election campaign.
Source? Or are you being sarcastic? And Friedemann was objectively a close friend of Romney's, not just an acquaintance as you imply. Also, one of the 'friends' as you call them, "has served as a Republican county chairman in Michigan."
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#26 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 10 May 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

I guess we might have different definitions of "picked on". I didn't ever hit, poke, tackle or bully anyone either. But I definitely teased people at some point from K-12. Did you not tease anyone either?
I don't recall ever teasing anyone (at least not to make them feel badly, I tease my friends all the time, that's different of course). Part of the reason was probably that I was at the bottom of the social chain. There weren't too many people below me to pick on even if I were inclined to do so.

Would you bet your life on that? Have you either done anything wrong? Are you a higher power? Is that why you're an athiest, because you KNOW the truth?
Don't really know why the notion that I wasn't a jerk in school is so hard for you to swallow. Only religious people can be nice I guess? As for the bolded, the key difference between a scientific point of view and a religious one is that we entertain uncertainty where religious people value conviction. I don't KNOW anything.

#27 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on 10 May 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Source? Or are you being sarcastic? And Friedemann was objectively a close friend of Romney's, not just an acquaintance as you imply. Also, one of the 'friends' as you call them, "has served as a Republican county chairman in Michigan."
When you got the info on the guy who served as a republican county chair...was there anything else that might have given you a hint why I said a couple of them were Obama supporters???????HHHMMMMMMMMMM??Also, anyone else notice the convenient way the story on Mitt's past from 46 years ago broke just a few minutes after Obama changed his views on gay marriage?

#28 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on 10 May 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

I don't KNOW anything.
And new sig

#29 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Give Romney a break. He was just practicing his submission holds so he would know how to hold his dog down long enough to strap it to the roof of his car.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#30 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 10 May 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

And new sig
enjoy. it's completely true.

#31 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on 10 May 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Don't really know why the notion that I wasn't a jerk in school is so hard for you to swallow. Only religious people can be nice I guess?
No, of course not, I think there are plenty of "good" atheists. I just know kids, and kids are generally mean to someone at some point in their entire life... that's all.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#32 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,225 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on 10 May 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

enjoy. it's completely true.
You have to admit that the BG sig from Tim is pretty funny though, right?

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#33 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,377 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Wake up you dolts, Romney WILL be the next president.Plans are already being drawn up to remodel the White House into a temple spaceship.EMBRACE THE NEW WORLD PLANETARY PRINCIPLE!Posted Image

F Cancer

#34 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thought this was funny:Mitt is being accused of bullying a kid in 1965.You know what Mitt did not do?Mitt Romney was not at Chappaquiddick. Mitt Romney has not been accused of rape. Mitt Romney did not have an affair with a mob babe. He didn't have an affair with an actress who committed suicide later on. Mitt Romney did not father a child out of wedlock. Mitt Romney did not support the tapping of Martin Luther King's phone. Mitt Romney was never a member of the Ku Klux Klan. Mitt Romney did not lie about his law school grades.Mitt Romney did not bully a young girl and push her.

#35 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 10 May 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

When you got the info on the guy who served as a republican county chair...was there anything else that might have given you a hint why I said a couple of them were Obama supporters???????HHHMMMMMMMMMM??
But, as is your wont, you're pretending you said they were Obama supporters. That's NOT what you said however. You said exactly: "Looks like a couple of the other 'friends' are working on the Obama re-election campaign."Supporting a candidate =| working on that candidate's re-election campaign. Try to keep up with yourself.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?

#36 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,377 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Ive re-read this entire story and thread, whilst dining on a Mountain Dew Slurpie and dog jerky.I fail to find the relevance.

F Cancer

#37 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on 11 May 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Ive re-read this entire story and thread, whilst dining on a Mountain Dew Slurpie and dog jerky.I fail to find the relevance.
The primary relevance and focus of the article is just that he was insanely privileged. This would suggest that perhaps he cannot really relate to the average American.The secondary relevance (but primary headline-maker) is that he was a huuuuge dick to a shy kid way back when, and multiple other people who participated in or simply failed to halt this event not only recall it with ease but have felt decades of guilt over it. Romney simply, "has no recollection of the incident," which is some pretty weak shit. I would have oodles more respect for him if he came out and said that it was a childish prank and he feels terrible about what he did and long wished he could have taken it back.He either really doesn't remember it, which tells us that it probably wasn't a major source of guilt for him at any point, or he's lying. Neither of those reflect well on him.

#38 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 11 May 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Thought this was funny:Mitt is being accused of bullying a kid in 1965.You know what Mitt did not do?Mitt Romney was not at Chappaquiddick. Mitt Romney has not been accused of rape. Mitt Romney did not have an affair with a mob babe. He didn't have an affair with an actress who committed suicide later on. Mitt Romney did not father a child out of wedlock. Mitt Romney did not support the tapping of Martin Luther King's phone. Mitt Romney was never a member of the Ku Klux Klan. Mitt Romney did not lie about his law school grades.Mitt Romney did not bully a young girl and push her.
prove it!

#39 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,665 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

I can't read the title of this thread without thinking "two peanuts were walking down a dark alley..."

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#40 phlegm

phlegm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on 11 May 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

The primary relevance and focus of the article is just that he was insanely privileged. This would suggest that perhaps he cannot really relate to the average American.The secondary relevance (but primary headline-maker) is that he was a huuuuge dick to a shy kid way back when, and multiple other people who participated in or simply failed to halt this event not only recall it with ease but have felt decades of guilt over it. Romney simply, "has no recollection of the incident," which is some pretty weak shit. I would have oodles more respect for him if he came out and said that it was a childish prank and he feels terrible about what he did and long wished he could have taken it back.He either really doesn't remember it, which tells us that it probably wasn't a major source of guilt for him at any point, or he's lying. Neither of those reflect well on him.
Guess Romney lost your vote..... Damn
I am not an alcoholic

I am a drunk

Alcoholics go to meetings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users