72 replies to this topic

#21 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,355 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

More importantly, how to I jump to where I last left off in a thread. In the old version, there was a small orange-ish button that I could press. Is there a similar button here, am I being stupid and simply not seeing it?

#22 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,217 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on 05 May 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

More importantly, how to I jump to where I last left off in a thread. In the old version, there was a small orange-ish button that I could press. Is there a similar button here, am I being stupid and simply not seeing it?
There's a little star or circle next to a thread's heading that shoud take you to your last unread post.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#23 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

• Members
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 05 May 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

There's a little star or circle next to a thread's heading that shoud take you to your last unread post.
Ah, I see it now. I think my confusion was that the transfer forgot where I was in some (all?) threads, but that's to be expected.Cool beans.

#24 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

you can't see me!

• Members
  • 8,496 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PANDA

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

I, for one, like the new skin and much prefer this version of ipb. Nice work, guys.Can you please allow us to stay signed in from multiple computers now?I was on the mobile skin earlier and I don't seem to be able to post on it (I get a disallowed message). The Full Version skin link also didn't work.I haven't tried yet, but on some (all?) other ipb mobile skins, you can't zoom into pictures. I hope we don't have that limitation.Can we get some quota for Liking Posts? I don't know how to say happy birthday or congrats without just clicking Like on someone else's sentiment to that effect...
there were no special effects, no special effects.

#25 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

It's very slow for me. I wonder if that's just because the post rebuilder is still running in the background?

#26 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,217 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on 05 May 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's very slow for me. I wonder if that's just because the post rebuilder is still running in the background?
That's our assumption, the script will be running for a couple days to go through all the posts.
Bob

#27 uncooper

uncooper

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7 TD

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Anyone figure out how to adjust posts per page?

#28 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

One thing that I don't like about the new IP Board skins is that they no longer have a separator between Pinned and regular topics. I think the board looks much better with a separator and it's easier to skip the pinned threads with your eyes. If the powers that be agree with me about this, the separator can be added back by modifying the forumIndexTemplate template (Forum View -> forumIndexTemplate). right after
<foreach loop="topics:$topic_data as $tid => $data">
add
<if test="$data['pinned']"> <if test="$this->hasPinned=1"></if><else /> <if test="$this->hasPinned">  <if test="$this->hasPinned=0"></if>  <tr class='subhead altbar'>   <if test="$this->memberData['is_mod'] == 1">    <th scope='col' colspan='6'>   <else />    <th scope='col' colspan='5'>   </if>   Other topics   </th>  </tr> </if></if>

#29 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,941 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Apparently I'm at my 'like' quota for posts, so I clicked like on vb's post about 324 times more than necessary. please put the page break back in.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#30 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,217 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

Thanks VB, we know that you have experience with this version of IV Board and any tips you can pass on to Gov are appreciated.
Bob

#31 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,654 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

oooooooo look at me I'm vb I know all about brains and funny letters I'm so speeeeeciallooks like it's moving a lot more quickly now. that script stop running I assume?

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#32 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,217 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostShakeZuma, on 06 May 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

oooooooo look at me I'm vb I know all about brains and funny letters I'm so speeeeeciallooks like it's moving a lot more quickly now. that script stop running I assume?
The script froze before finishing yesterday. I don't know if it has been restarted yet or not to complete the job.There was also a different issue that was causing some of the slowness in the forum. I think Gov said that some data tables were freezing or something like that but I'm not a tech.
Bob

#33 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 06 May 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Thanks VB, we know that you have experience with this version of IV Board and any tips you can pass on to Gov are appreciated.

View PostFCP Bob, on 06 May 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

The script froze before finishing yesterday. I don't know if it has been restarted yet or not to complete the job.
When we did this upgrade it froze several times and had to be restarted. I found that reducing the number of posts per cycle made it less likely to crash.

#34 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

• Members
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

It seems to be running faster, ast least for me.

#35 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I wish I were better with change.That reminds me of something kind of embarrassing. When I was around 4, I learned a dime was five cents and a nickle was ten cents. I still have to do this mental reverse work around everytime I think of nickles and dimes. Could this be my root aversion to change?Now that I think about it, all kinds of shit is hardwired into my brain incorrectly. Where comas go in sentences, orange and purple are switched, algebraic order of operations for exponents, radius and diameter are backwards, the 's' is where the 'p' should be in the alphabet song and I screw up peoples names on a daily basis.I mean, I like the look and features of the old board.

#36 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

you can't see me!

• Members
  • 8,496 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PANDA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

I miss my lost posts
there were no special effects, no special effects.

#37 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostGWCGWC, on 08 May 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

I wish I were better with change.That reminds me of something kind of embarrassing. When I was around 4, I learned a dime was five cents and a nickle was ten cents. I still have to do this mental reverse work around everytime I think of nickles and dimes. Could this be my root aversion to change?Now that I think about it, all kinds of shit is hardwired into my brain incorrectly. Where comas go in sentences, orange and purple are switched, algebraic order of operations for exponents, radius and diameter are backwards, the 's' is where the 'p' should be in the alphabet song and I screw up peoples names on a daily basis.I mean, I like the look and features of the old board.
The features on the new board are better hands-down. May take some getting used to, but definitely better. The new font, though, I could do without. I'm assuming the look is not gov's priority given all he is dealing with but maybe down the line we'll get some skin options.

#38 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,247 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

I miss the pulldown menu with the subcategories.I think.
Marital Aids.

#39 iZuma

iZuma

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

is there any way to get to the end of a long thread from the mobile version? or at least bookmark the full version on a mobile device? I bookmarked it but every time I reopen it goes back to mobile, and I can't figure out a way to get to the end of the sick thread without just clicking next ten thousand times.

#40 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

• Members
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostiZuma, on 09 May 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

is there any way to get to the end of a long thread from the mobile version? or at least bookmark the full version on a mobile device? I bookmarked it but every time I reopen it goes back to mobile, and I can't figure out a way to get to the end of the sick thread without just clicking next ten thousand times.
Oh, I'm sorry, was our magical device that connects people all around the world and allows you, even on your phone, to converse and share media with the entire globe not good enough for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users