• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 MiracleMaker

MiracleMaker

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think it's probably a mistake to assume that just because the tight player raised he has to have a premium hand or that the Russian will only 3-bet premiums. In fact, I think it would be a pretty big leak in their games if that were the case. Tight players use their image to pick up pots but probably won't fight back if they face resistance without the goods. So the Russian should be 3-betting a somewhat small but polarized range (Stack sizes matter, but I think it's safe to assume that stacks weren't extremely deep). Since both opponents are likely polarized here, shoving a good but not great hand is a mistake as you're not likely to get called by a worse hand. Generally speaking, if you're shoving you should have a polarized range not an unpolarized range. The situation is slightly complicated by the fact that it seems awfully tough to play this hand without shoving although maybe not impossible...I don't think I would call, but it's probably the right play from a game theory perspective. You should be able to protect yourself against a light shove by calling with AA and the like here too and DN is way better post flop than I am so...

#22 thedevilinme

thedevilinme

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:plo

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Your mistake was simple......you focused to much on the Russian and forgot about the original raiser who was the tightest player at table.....so what did he have as or kk

#23 ringos67

ringos67

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:nlhe

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

i dont have enuff invested to make this call

#24 ringos67

ringos67

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:nlhe

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

well all in or fold anyway

#25 Adam Junglen

Adam Junglen

PokerVT Pro

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH MTT's

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

SPEW. AK+/JJ (maybe QQ+ depending on level lengths)cold 4betting it in, just because the amounts work out doesn't mean its right. Gotta respect the MP raise from the "tight player." Russian player could be over aggro but he even if he isn't considering MP's range, MP is tight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users