FCP Bob, on 19 July 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:
The Chicago waterfront is quite a bit nicer than Toronto's though.
It doesn't matter as in time, it all must inevitably become one. You have resources we need, we are broke and we are stronger than you. "Taking" is a fundamental human reaction and it's basically the only thing we're good at anymore.At first, Canada will cooperate calling us your long time ally and giving us what we want but as time goes on, as our demands grow more and more unreasonable, you will be forced to say no.We will invade on a Sunday, deploying covertly amassed ground forces at various border areas to storm the major Canadian hubs subsequent to a series of 'accidental' airstrikes, knocking out key points of infrastructure and anticipated pockets of resistance. In the confusion, a crack contingent of airborne troops will parachute into Ottawa and secure the offices of government. A Puppet Regime comprised of pre-selected Indian and African immigrants will be in place before nightfall, causing mass confusion among the Canadian citizenry who will be paralyzed from speaking out against them, due to their minority status.We will deploy in winter as this will be most unanticipated time and will allow our ground based mechanized forces to traverse the frozen ice roads of the North, setting up mobile airbases and missile silos to head off a potential Russian counter attack from the east. A Naval Blockade will move into place, Virginia Beach to Halifax, San Diego/Pearl Harbor to Victoria, and declare land/sea/air territorial sovereignty within 500 miles of the coast.To demonstrate our seriousness, Montreal will be nuked not because it's nessacarily the best strategic choice but strictly for the lulz, because they're Frenchmen and we cannot resist amusing irony.The Canadian Capital will be promptly moved to the more centrally and southernly located Winnipeg where the Inspector General of Canada shall facilitate oversight of transferring former Canadian resources to the newly developed intake hub that will be built in Northern Minnesota. From there, all minerals/timber/Canadian slaves/looted museum objects/currency etc will be cataloged, shipped via rail to central US distribution points in the midwest, registered with the Chicago Mercantile Exchange then sold on the open global market- mostly to China to satisfy US debt, with 20% being diverted back to the management of the US Territory of Canada, the remaining 80% going straight into the US Treasury.Over time, Canadians will tire of all the suffering, starvation, denial of access to the basics of life and assorted unpleasantries that occur in an occupied country. Within this process, their sense of trusting, happy, good-natured neighborliness will morph into hardened cynacism and a generalized sense of embittered angst.When this happens, those of us in the lower 48 will rejoice and finally welcome them as true citizens of the North American continent.