88 replies to this topic

#41 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

View Postakoff, on 18 July 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

when did being average become something to be proud of? the fact that americans (in general terms) piss away money and don't understand how wealth is created is sad...it does allow those of us who understand an easier time.
This is true, it is pretty easy for those who already have money, wealth and opportunity to build more of it in exchange for the majority of people not having access to personal freedoms, health care, representative government, equal consideration in the legal system, etc.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#42 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

Oh, and when the average is a significant margin above the median, average is not too shabby.

#43 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on 18 July 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

This is true, it is pretty easy for those who already have money, wealth and opportunity to build more of it in exchange for the majority of people not having access to personal freedoms, health care, representative government, equal consideration in the legal system, etc.
one thing country offers is the chance for anyone who wants it, if you chose not use it or are not willing to work, invest or take the risks required then that is each persons own fault. there is plenty of opportunity here for anyone with a good idea, product or concept willing to risk everything and go for it. it is much easier to for broke when you have nothing lose, i did that when i was young, lost and had to start over again. When you have accumulated something but need to put it all on the table with a new bet...that is when you find out what a man is made of.wealth is largely a choice and sacrafice if you want it - it is achiveable
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#44 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

holy crap

#45 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 4,005 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View Postakoff, on 18 July 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

when did being average become something to be proud of? the fact that americans (in general terms) piss away money and don't understand how wealth is created is sad...it does allow those of us who understand an easier time.
Canada is not average. They're an exceptional country.Canada believes in the dignity of human beings. Naturally, we say we do, but we don't act like it.Canadian values revolve around being decent, being productive and conducting themselves with a sense of dignity and fair play. There's a reason why you can spot a visiting Canadian from ten long paces (which is a real boon for muggers)Our values revolve around KICKING ASS MERIKA #1 - and we're certainly awfully good at allowing a tiny group of people to amass all the chips, shitting on people when need be- but at the end of the day, our systems and institutions don't live up to the standards expected of (and established by) civilized, 1st world countries, by any rational measure.Canadian values are about guaranteeing access to affordable health care. Big system, bureaucracy, there are occasionally lines, but its there.American values hold that access to health care is something one earns by rising to a certain station in life.Canadian values are about seeing to it that a man released from prison leaves a better, less damaged person, less likely to repeat the same mistakes.American values are about guaranteeing a man leaves prison a considerably more broken human being than when he went in (in the name of Justice), then systematically denying him every opportunity to re-enter society as a reformed man ("Justice" again).It's pretty amazing we share the same continent, actually.We as Americans are great in the role of barbarian (socially, economically, politically, savages like us have a credible role in this world and we certainlly have no problem taking on the mantle of unapologetic bastards) but we just ****ing suck at basically everything else and it's only a matter of time before this ship sinks. That the bubble-gum held it all together until 2008 is a miracle.We are the worlds largest and wealthiest-yet-insolvent Banana Republic.Canadians, like New Zelanders or Australians, are just plain blessed to be born in a country like that. They probably need to tighten up the 3rd World immigration mudhose that's relentlessly pumping non-productive shit into their demographic breakown before the breeder-math gets too unfavorable and producers get outnumbered by the consumers- but other than that, countries like Canada are pretty much showing the world how its done, whereas we've assumed the role of laughingstock of planet earth. When one person laughs at you, no big deal. When a group laughs at you, maybe reflect a bit.When every person you encounter laughs at you, you're probably doing something wrong.
Posted Image

#46 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,825 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

The Chicago waterfront is quite a bit nicer than Toronto's though.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#47 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

nah, that doesn't sound rightedit: damn it bob

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#48 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 19 July 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

The Chicago waterfront is quite a bit nicer than Toronto's though.
It doesn't matter as in time, it all must inevitably become one. You have resources we need, we are broke and we are stronger than you. "Taking" is a fundamental human reaction and it's basically the only thing we're good at anymore.At first, Canada will cooperate calling us your long time ally and giving us what we want but as time goes on, as our demands grow more and more unreasonable, you will be forced to say no.We will invade on a Sunday, deploying covertly amassed ground forces at various border areas to storm the major Canadian hubs subsequent to a series of 'accidental' airstrikes, knocking out key points of infrastructure and anticipated pockets of resistance. In the confusion, a crack contingent of airborne troops will parachute into Ottawa and secure the offices of government. A Puppet Regime comprised of pre-selected Indian and African immigrants will be in place before nightfall, causing mass confusion among the Canadian citizenry who will be paralyzed from speaking out against them, due to their minority status.We will deploy in winter as this will be most unanticipated time and will allow our ground based mechanized forces to traverse the frozen ice roads of the North, setting up mobile airbases and missile silos to head off a potential Russian counter attack from the east. A Naval Blockade will move into place, Virginia Beach to Halifax, San Diego/Pearl Harbor to Victoria, and declare land/sea/air territorial sovereignty within 500 miles of the coast.To demonstrate our seriousness, Montreal will be nuked not because it's nessacarily the best strategic choice but strictly for the lulz, because they're Frenchmen and we cannot resist amusing irony.The Canadian Capital will be promptly moved to the more centrally and southernly located Winnipeg where the Inspector General of Canada shall facilitate oversight of transferring former Canadian resources to the newly developed intake hub that will be built in Northern Minnesota. From there, all minerals/timber/Canadian slaves/looted museum objects/currency etc will be cataloged, shipped via rail to central US distribution points in the midwest, registered with the Chicago Mercantile Exchange then sold on the open global market- mostly to China to satisfy US debt, with 20% being diverted back to the management of the US Territory of Canada, the remaining 80% going straight into the US Treasury.Over time, Canadians will tire of all the suffering, starvation, denial of access to the basics of life and assorted unpleasantries that occur in an occupied country. Within this process, their sense of trusting, happy, good-natured neighborliness will morph into hardened cynacism and a generalized sense of embittered angst.When this happens, those of us in the lower 48 will rejoice and finally welcome them as true citizens of the North American continent.
Posted Image

#49 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

• Members
  • 14,680 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

wait, we're not gonna just exterminate all the canadians?

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#50 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Where are the cowards afraid to fight our wars going to go then?
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#51 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 19 July 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Where are the cowards afraid to fight our wars going to go then?
Venezuela, in exchange for their women.
Posted Image

#52 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostAmScray, on 19 July 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

A Puppet Regime comprised of pre-selected Indian and African immigrants will be in place before nightfall, causing mass confusion among the Canadian citizenry who will be paralyzed from speaking out against them, due to their minority status.
My favourite part.

#53 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,825 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

Our secret weapon will be the Winnipeg Winter is that's the new capital.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg

According to Environment Canada, Winnipeg is the coldest city in the world with a population of over 600,000 based on the average night-time temperature from December to February, inclusive

Bob

#54 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostShakeZuma, on 19 July 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

wait, we're not gonna just exterminate all the canadians?
I am all american, but I still like Ice road truckers.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#55 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

• Members
  • 14,680 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

cool!

#56 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,265 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

Doesn't Ice Road Truckers take place in Alaska?

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#57 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 21 July 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

Doesn't Ice Road Truckers take place in Alaska?
And Canada

I enjoy them

#58 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

But the Alaska part is dangerous, the Canada part is where they just stop to impregnate the real man starved women.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#59 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,825 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

http://www.thedailyb...hern-light.html
Bob

#60 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

A question about Canada.

Does canada have an equivalent to the ACLU?

Do you guys have a cottage industry of personal injury attorneys?

Who would be your equivalent to jesse jacksoc, al sharpton, and other such race hucksters who rile up your minorities by making them feel like victims of the evil white man.

And finally, when there is some injustice is being perpetrated somewhhere in the world, do you feel like its your responsibility to rectify the situation.{that was not meant to be a criticism by the way]

I enjoy them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users