28 replies to this topic

#21 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

He means it. Just try him.I think I need a new account to post in here though.
-Kurt

#22 CC1

CC1

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, March 23rd, 2012, 5:38 PM, said:

So after the radio show I felt good about it and was cool with squashing it. Then the guy who banned me posted this:"So when he made the two posts in two threads to his spam video, I'm like WTF? I had no idea if he was going to continue posting it. I started to wonder if that was really Daniel acting that stupid, acting with complete disregard of our policies or if someone from Poker Royalty had control of his account. So at 2am I made the call to temp-ban the account and then sort it out. I figured this could cause a storm so I immediately called Mason, who already knew of the previous two threads and let him know what I did and why. He concurred with the action.Several times in print and on QJ he stated "What am I, a child that needs a time out?" or something to that effect. I had thought not and had hoped he could figure out that we don't tolerate spam due to the infraction, then deletion of the 2nd thread. But his reaction to this whole affair over a 1 day slap on the wrist and his inability to figure out the obvious, makes me wonder."Here was my reply: Really? How socially inept are you? What made you think posting this would be a good idea after the radio show? Things were civil, now you want to go off insulting me AFTER things were squashed? Who do you people think you are "slapping people on the wrist" like school children? Get over yourself. I was actually totally comfortable with letting it slide, but then you go into a thread and insult me multiple times. Nice work genius. You really aren't very bright. Instead of APOLOGIZING for what you did, and making the SMART business decision, you provoke me further with this insulting post. The MAJORITY of your posters have half of a brain and understand that you handled this TERRIBLY. You got completely PWNED on the radio show, contradicted yourself several times, but instead of saying, "On second thought, maybe a ban wasn't the optimal decision" you still don't get it. You obviously never will if you choose to continue to publicly post insulting posts in your forum.
Yea, I was like WTF when I saw his post right after the QJ interview. FWIW, I thought you both had come to some resolution with regards to the entire situation and then it was like he decided to just completely ruin it by making that post.I wondered if you saw it, I was like OMG I hope Daniel didn't see this but sure enough you did. I really don't know what else to say except it was about the dumbest possible thing he could have done. I partly blame myself for not PMing him in hopes of getting it taken down. *sighs.

#23 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

I also blame CC1
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#24 CC1

CC1

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Saturday, March 24th, 2012, 8:27 PM, said:

I also blame CC1
Blows my Siglo 5 smoke in your face :club:

#25 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

DN, I would try and get NoSup4u to talk to them. I heard he has some pull over there.

View PostTheraflu, on 24 October 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Drinking alone makes being alone more awesome.

#26 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostHockey Guy, on Friday, March 23rd, 2012, 7:06 PM, said:

Are you upset about the way it was handled or do you think you should be able to post spam because of who you are? I think they handled it poorly but I don't think you are totally in the right either. The first minute or so of the vblog is an actual commercial. Not just something that 2 people could sit down & debate whether or not it's spam but an actual commercial that if you turned on your TV in the UK that's the actual commercial that you would most likely see. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let me post a commercial promoting my business so I don't see why you think you should be allowed to.I'm not saying this to be a dick but I've yet to see you acknowledge that this was maybe bad judgement on your part. Or maybe it wasn't & this was the plan all along.At least you're getting some great advertising for free & they left the link up so really, how upset should you be?
If you listen to the QJ radio show, aside from seeing pure pwnage, you'll see that I accept the fact that I broke their TOS, but really, who reads those things like ever? I concede the fact that they have the right to ban who they want, but I think I quite easily make the case for why they shouldn't have in this case. Not because I'm DN, but because I'm a 10+ year poster with zero history of infractions.
Posted Image

#27 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostCC1, on Saturday, March 24th, 2012, 4:59 PM, said:

Yea, I was like WTF when I saw his post right after the QJ interview. FWIW, I thought you both had come to some resolution with regards to the entire situation and then it was like he decided to just completely ruin it by making that post.I wondered if you saw it, I was like OMG I hope Daniel didn't see this but sure enough you did. I really don't know what else to say except it was about the dumbest possible thing he could have done. I partly blame myself for not PMing him in hopes of getting it taken down. *sighs.
I seriously left the radio feeling like everything was pretty much squashed, then I see that post and was thinking, "Really? You spineless weasel. You can't say these things on the radio show but then go straight to your forum to insult me." This guy has no social awareness whatsoever.
Posted Image

#28 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Thanks to the internet, people are seriously lacking balls when it comes to face-time confrontation/problem resolution."I agree with you, BUT..." appears to be the contradictory norm and to make such a post after having the opportunity to truly face-off about it is gutless and full of condescension.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#29 flintsword

flintsword

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Business, Poker, Swimming, Judo, Karate, Travelling, Reading, Math, & Breathing. Qualified into: WPT Cyprus 2009 (50% no $), WPT Paris 2011 (25th = $23,400), WPT Prague 2011 (53% no $), & WPT Prague 2013 (56% no $), WPT Milton Keynes 2013 (60% no $), & WPT UK London (40% no $), & WPT 500 Aria Las Vegas coming up.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Holdem (though PL Omaha Hi is a big fav too)

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

"Really? You spineless weasel. You can't say these things on the radio show but then go straight to your forum to insult me."The electronic version of backstabbing. I am guessing that the BanHammer "did not like" being pinned to a board like a bug & the 2+2 forum insult is revenge of some weird sort.I think the lack of backbone may be a characteristic of 2+2 MODs :club: but the bottom line is that a 10+ year poster with zero infractions should get the benefit of the doubt.Also, 2+2 as a forum has more trolls than a Brother's Grimm story so maybe the 2+2 MODs should not be casting stones in their glass house.
flintsword

"The lucky player is usually the player that knows how much to leave to chance." :D ©

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users