263 replies to this topic

#21 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, January 18th, 2012, 9:29 PM, said:

Any idea on when you want to find out you are wrong?
When I die and God's all like, "Suprise! I exist, which is pretty much the only thing any religion had right. Now go hang out with whoever you want and do whatever you want."
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#22 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 12:29 AM, said:

Any idea on when you want to find out you are wrong?
I don't get the question. The only time he can find out if he is wrong is when he dies. And once you're dead there isn't much you can do about it. Are you implying that if he starts to have faith today that that will somehow change what happens when he dies?
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#23 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 11:46 AM, said:

I don't get the question.
It's not really a question.

The only time he can find out if he is wrong is when he dies.
Obviously BG doesn't believe this.

And once you're dead there isn't much you can do about it.
That's his point.

Are you implying that if he starts to have faith today that that will somehow change what happens when he dies?
Yes.

#24 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 1:46 PM, said:

Are you implying that if he starts to have faith today that that will somehow change what happens when he dies?
haha

View PostDJ Vu, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 2:00 PM, said:

It's not really a question.

Obviously BG doesn't believe this.

That's his point.

Yes.
hahaha

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#25 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

OK I will keep playing along for Brv's entertainment. It's like the hook shot joke, it just doesn't make sense to me. Faith doesn't equal concrete proof. It's just a strong belief in something. I have a strong belief that the Wings will win tonight but that won't make it so. Thus if speedz decides to strongly believe there is a heaven it won't just make it so. None of us will know regardless of our faith until we die who is right and who is wrong. I guess my other issue is why do some people care so much what other people think. I don't know what I think yet. BG seems to have his belief and that is cool. Good for him. But it seems he spends a lot of time worrying about what others believe. Do you get additional perks in the alleged afterlife for getting people to believe? I read this forum a lot. Probably more than I should. I find it all very interesting. I am not on one side completely but I am in a talkative mood today and that little dialogue interested me.
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#26 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 3:03 PM, said:

OK I will keep playing along for Brv's entertainment. It's like the hook shot joke, it just doesn't make sense to me. Faith doesn't equal concrete proof. It's just a strong belief in something. I have a strong belief that the Wings will win tonight but that won't make it so. Thus if speedz decides to strongly believe there is a heaven it won't just make it so. None of us will know regardless of our faith until we die who is right and who is wrong. I guess my other issue is why do some people care so much what other people think. I don't know what I think yet. BG seems to have his belief and that is cool. Good for him. But it seems he spends a lot of time worrying about what others believe. Do you get additional perks in the alleged afterlife for getting people to believe? I read this forum a lot. Probably more than I should. I find it all very interesting. I am not on one side completely but I am in a talkative mood today and that little dialogue interested me.
Don't take my laughter at what you said in a negative way. I just thought it was funny how you said it. I like you Steve.Also, I agree with you that faith doesn't equal concrete proof of anything.It is interesting that you used BG as an example here though, because it's MUCH more strange that Randy Reed and Spade care what others think. It's especially weird that Spade cares enough to start a thread to discuss it, since he hates all people and thinks everyone, except him and a few people on the atheist forum he frequents, are complete idiots. So why care enough to discuss anything with them, let alone care about their "misguided" beliefs.BG, on the other hand, believes that Jesus is the only way to heaven and desires other people to get to heaven also. It has nothing to do with him personally gaining anything. He just doesn't want other people to find out the truth when it's too late.

#27 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

I concur with everything that brv said.Well, except the "I like you Steve" part. Because fuck that guy, right?Jokes!

#28 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 3:31 PM, said:

He just doesn't want other people to find out the truth when it's too late.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#29 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 4:31 PM, said:

Don't take my laughter at what you said in a negative way. I just thought it was funny how you said it. I like you Steve.Also, I agree with you that faith doesn't equal concrete proof of anything.It is interesting that you used BG as an example here though, because it's MUCH more strange that Randy Reed and Spade care what others think. It's especially weird that Spade cares enough to start a thread to discuss it, since he hates all people and thinks everyone, except him and a few people on the atheist forum he frequents, are complete idiots. So why care enough to discuss anything with them, let alone care about their "misguided" beliefs.BG, on the other hand, believes that Jesus is the only way to heaven and desires other people to get to heaven also. It has nothing to do with him personally gaining anything. He just doesn't want other people to find out the truth when it's too late.
BG is a believer. So that interests me more because I am...more a non believer I guess. I guess I am in the middle these days whereas years back I might have been Randy so I don't necessarily need to ask Randy. Spade scares me so I just ignore that. But I just find it interesting and I read a lot of this forum and think about it to myself because I understand my limits and don't want to post looking too much like a fool. I fail at that sometimes though.

View PostDJ Vu, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 4:41 PM, said:

I concur with everything that brv said.Well, except the "I like you Steve" part. Because fuck that guy, right?Jokes!
Yeah, what a douche that dick is.
Steve,

#30 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 4:03 PM, said:

None of us will know regardless of our faith until we die who is right and who is wrong.
Actually I think it's very likely that death won't reveal anything. If, for example, there's nothingness after death, you won't know it. You'll have the same amount of consciousness and understanding as you did before you were conceived. Or if, upon death, you enter into some infinite, presently-unknowable universal consciousness, you still won't recognize the answer because your ego and unique consciousness will no longer exist. Of course, if it turns out that precisely one of the world's many religions is pretty much spot on, then us non-believers (and believers of the wrong religions) will know cuz the devil or whoever will be all "lol u shoulda prayed to [fill in correct god(s) here], now you're mine biatch!"
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#31 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

I deleted this post because... it was unnecessary.

#32 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

oh come on brvy. we've all been around long enough to hear anything the others have to say.
Spoiler

#33 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 5:50 PM, said:

oh come on brvy. we've all been around long enough to hear anything the others have to say.
no it's ok, it was just a few tips for making better salsa. brv came to his senses and realize that we can all make excellent salsa already, so he deleted it.

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#34 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostShakeZuma, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 3:10 PM, said:

no it's ok, it was just a few tips for making better salsa. brv came to his senses and realize that we can all make excellent salsa already, so he deleted it.
I love this post.I hope it's a ShakeZuma original.

#35 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

how do you guys like your salsa? i do not like chunky salsa, not at all. i like my salsa smooth, very smooth.
Spoiler

#36 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

#37 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

is that salsa or a salad?Posted Image
Spoiler

#38 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

I prefer fresh uncooked, basically just a pico de gallo. fresh tomatoes, onions, jalos, lime juice, parsley (I don't like cilantro), and salt. that's it.see, brvheart was right to delete.

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#39 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

jesus shake youre basically a wild animal.
Spoiler

#40 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 1:03 PM, said:

Faith doesn't equal concrete proof. It's just a strong belief in something. I have a strong belief that the Wings will win tonight but that won't make it so. Thus if speedz decides to strongly believe there is a heaven it won't just make it so. None of us will know regardless of our faith until we die who is right and who is wrong.
As others said, I think BG's point was that I'm screwed if I wait until that point...if he's 100% correct about the whole god/heaven/selectivity thing.

View Postbrvheart, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 1:31 PM, said:

BG, on the other hand, believes that Jesus is the only way to heaven and desires other people to get to heaven also. It has nothing to do with him personally gaining anything. He just doesn't want other people to find out the truth when it's too late.
Yeah, no, pretty sure he just wants to "prove" he's right.

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 1:48 PM, said:

Posted Image
Heh.

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, January 19th, 2012, 3:46 PM, said:

is that salsa or a salad?Posted Image
Seriously. I hate the mild salsa salad thing. I want it thick but not chunky, and hot as hell.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users