477 replies to this topic

#21 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM, said:

and i figured out the season finale "twist" right when they were opening the barn.
I didn't figure out the twist until someone said her name.

#22 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,916 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

I don't look for TV to break new ground or anything like that, I just want a show to keep my interest and entertain me. This one succeeds for me, so I keep watching. The part I'm looking forward to the most is the return of Lennie James' character...that's the only bit of cheating I did online was to make sure that he shows back up as the story moves on.

#23 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:emma's beauty

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

yeah dont get me wrong, i've enjoyed it enough to want to see the episodes i've missed and continue watching when it comes back on.
QUOTE (SuitedAces21 @ Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brvhrt does suck. i think we all can agree on that.
QUOTE (brvheart @ Wednesday, May 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of suited's best posts in a long time.

#24 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,405 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

I have some of the same feelings as you guys about the show - that some of it is sloppily written, too boringly and repetitively emotional, and that they've been at the farm for too damn long. I do enjoy it though, for the most part. Anyway it's on hiatus til February. I agree that Shane and the redneck are the most interesting characters (particularly the redneck) and that the women are mostly awful (farm-girl is hawt tho), but I think the Asian kid is fairly interesting too, and that his character could go in some interesting directions (hopefully).SBriand - for what it's worth, my friend who is a big fan of the comic said that it's followed it closely at times, but that some of the recent events (and some events from season 1) aren't in the comic at all, so it might not be going in the direction you expect. I've never read any of the comic.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#25 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM, said:

I think the Asian kid is fairly interesting too, and that his character could go in some interesting directions (hopefully).
I think the Asian kid is likable, which isn't exactly the same thing as interesting. But likable is needed in this show because he might be the only one with that trait.Also, I have a question about feeding chickens to the zombies. Can you starve a zombie? I don't think that one hanging in the tree was eating much. Seems like a waste of chickens.Oh, and another thing, at some point shouldn't somebody suggest that they just go ahead and take everything from the pharmacy instead of making repeated trips on an as needed basis?

#26 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

View PostDread Aidan, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 2:09 PM, said:

Oh, and another thing, at some point shouldn't somebody suggest that they just go ahead and take everything from the pharmacy instead of making repeated trips on an as needed basis?
yeah this is pretty bad. they would obviously take everything the first or second time.

#27 wsox8

wsox8

trying to break even at LIFE

• Members
  • 11,479 posts
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

View PostDread Aidan, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 2:09 PM, said:

I think the Asian kid is likable, which isn't exactly the same thing as interesting. But likable is needed in this show because he might be the only one with that trait.Also, I have a question about feeding chickens to the zombies. Can you starve a zombie? I don't think that one hanging in the tree was eating much. Seems like a waste of chickens.Oh, and another thing, at some point shouldn't somebody suggest that they just go ahead and take everything from the pharmacy instead of making repeated trips on an as needed basis?
I figured it was a trust thing they had going with the others in the community. Only take what you need so others can have stuff when they need it. That's assuming that there are others still left alive.

#28 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

View Postwsox8, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 2:31 PM, said:

I figured it was a trust thing they had going with the others in the community. Only take what you need so others can have stuff when they need it. That's assuming that there are others still left alive.
that would be stupid though. it's survival time, and you take whatever you can and you dont worry about anyone else.

#29 wsox8

wsox8

trying to break even at LIFE

• Members
  • 11,479 posts
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 2:37 PM, said:

that would be stupid though. it's survival time, and you take whatever you can and you dont worry about anyone else.
I'm trying to think like a Walking Dead writer.

#30 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

View Postwsox8, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 2:42 PM, said:

I'm trying to think like a Walking Dead writer.
DONT DO THAT.

#31 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Season 1 thread.Season 1 SBriand:

View PostSBriand, on Monday, November 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM, said:

I am enjoying it. I could nitpick but no point. This is a comic book turned into a TV series. If you can't get past the little things then don't watch anymore because it will be more of the same. I have looked into the Graphic Novels before and I know where things are headed and what happens next.
Season 2 SBriand:

View PostSBriand, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 9:01 AM, said:

I read parts of the comics and knew to not bother getting into the TV show.

#32 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,495 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

I think it would be difficult to go through life remembering and being able to access everything I've ever read. On the surface it sounds awesome but I could see how it would get to the point of being a crippling burden. WAIT, I just changed my mind. It actually may be awesome as I seem to have the opposite issue of forgetting everything I've read almost immediately.

#33 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

View PostDread Aidan, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 4:45 PM, said:

Season 1 thread.Season 1 SBriand:Season 2 SBriand:
I can't help but feel like I duped steve with this thread.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#34 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

I don't see the issue here.Back on November 15th I was still enjoying it. That was the day after the showing of episode 3. Feel free to look on IMDB. I said earlier this week I enjoyed it for awhile and then could never get past the 7th episode. Since I read the synopsis of most of the comix on the Walking Dead wiki page, yes, I felt and still feel confident that I made a good choice by not investing any more of my time watching the show.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#35 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Oh wait, you got me, I guess there was 6 eps. not 7. So maybe it was ep 5 I gave up on. I know I had at least one more on the DVR that I erased. OK well you win again, I should have a better memory of the exact number of eps there were. Boy, I feel...stupid.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#36 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

View Postwsox8, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 3:31 PM, said:

You, I help

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 3:37 PM, said:

You, I put a bullet in your leg, zombie bait
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#37 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

you wouldnt have to make that decision because i would put one in the back of your head five minutes after we met.edit: and i dont mean that in a - i gotta survive way - it's more of a I DONT LIKE YOU WAY.

#38 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

No one is judging you, Angry Steve; it's just a funny juxtaposition.Angry Billy, five minutes is generous.

#39 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Thursday, December 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM, said:

you wouldnt have to make that decision because i would put one in the back of your head five minutes after we met.edit: and i dont mean that in a - i gotta survive way - it's more of a I DONT LIKE YOU WAY.
If yuo even got the chance lol

View PostDread Aidan, on Thursday, December 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM, said:

No one is judging you, Angry Steve; it's just a funny juxtaposition.Angry Billy, five minutes is generous.
Troll
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#40 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

View PostDread Aidan, on Thursday, December 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM, said:

Angry Billy, five minutes is generous.
it would be sooner, but i'd want to talk to him, find out if he knows anything of value. when i'm sure he doesnt, it's go time baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users