452 replies to this topic

#1 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

sorry if I missed the thread on it, maybe there isn't one, I went back to aug '10 and found nothing hereit's in its second season. I started a few days ago and am current as of tonight's midseason finale or whatever.let me just say that season 1 was pretty awesome, while season 2 thus far has been a steaming pile. I don't tune into a zombie TV show for sobbing, emotionally distressed women, but that is literally all you get in episodes 2-7 of season 2. I'm also actually really embarrassed that I didn't see the twist at the end of tonight's episode coming from a mile away. my excuse is that I was alt-tabbed for most of the last few episodes.I almost feel bad for AMC... they already bought another season of this thing.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#2 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode, personally. Totally and completely didn't see the twist coming at the end, and I was also a little embarrassed by that fact. Farm girl is cute as hell...not even fair.

#3 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

I read parts of the comics and knew to not bother getting into the TV show.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#4 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

View Poststrategy, on Sunday, November 27th, 2011, 9:40 PM, said:

let me just say that season 1 was pretty awesome, while season 2 thus far has been a steaming pile. I don't tune into a zombie TV shows for sobbing, emotionally distressed women, but that is literally all you get in episodes 2-7 of season 2.
Concur. My biggest problem with season 2 is just the amazingly immense piles of stupidity. Like that whole scene with the well. There were so many bad decisions made throughout that scene that it literally made me angry I was still watching.

#5 eYank

eYank

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,344 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Micro Stakes NLHE

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

How is the kid 100% back already too? He was basically on the verge of dying and next thing you know he is up and wants to shoot guns etc.? This season has been very boring.

#6 Governator

Governator

FCP Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

I watched all of season 1 pretty much straight through netflix. It was amazing. Season 2? It's pretty bleh. They need to move away from the farm.

#7 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

View PostDread Aidan, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM, said:

Concur. My biggest problem with season 2 is just the amazingly immense piles of stupidity. Like that whole scene with the well. There were so many bad decisions made throughout that scene that it literally made me angry I was still watching.
The scene with the well was pretty craptastic, I'll definitely agree. Like, instead of doing the smart thing which is closing off the well and leaving it at that, let's just skip to the worst idea humanly possible and dangle live bait with a noose.

#8 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

View Postajs510, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM, said:

let's just skip to the worst idea humanly possible and dangle live bait with a noose.
And that was their first idea!Why oh fucking why do you need to fish him out anyway? Are you really going to use the water that the zombie has been bathing in for weeks? I mean really? "Well, we got the zombie out. I sure could use some refreshing well water now."It's not like they didn't have four other wells that were perfectly functional and zombie-free. I imagine the writers' meeting went something like this:Writer 1: We should have a zombie stuck in the well and they have to get him out!"Writer 2: Good idea; that will take up at least 15 minutes.Writer 3: Yeah, and it will be all suspenseful and shit and someone will almost die.Writer 1: Totally, plus we can think of a new gross way to kill a zombie.Writer 2: He can tear in half and have a river of blood flow into the well!Writer 3: Nice. But then they won't have any water from now on. I don't want to deal with that in future shows.Writer 1: No problem; we'll just put in a line earlier in the show that specifically says the property has five wells.Writer 2: Bam, problem solved.Nobody, apparently: Should we review this from the beginning now?

#9 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

View PostDread Aidan, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 3:52 PM, said:

Why oh fucking why do you need to fish him out anyway? Are you really going to use the water that the zombie has been bathing in for weeks? I mean really? "Well, we got the zombie out. I sure could use some refreshing well water now."
This was basically my entire argument as well...as if anyone is going straight for THAT well after he's out of there.Actually, now that I think about it dangling Glenn in there was their second idea. The first involved something that looked like Spam on the end of a rope.

#10 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:emma's beauty

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

http://www.grantland...o-the-slaughter
QUOTE (SuitedAces21 @ Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brvhrt does suck. i think we all can agree on that.
QUOTE (brvheart @ Wednesday, May 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of suited's best posts in a long time.

#11 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 4:04 PM, said:

this is a pretty perfect summary of season 2. this line made me laugh really hard:

He interrupts Hershel’s quiet lunch of potatoes and Bible study to plead his case, but the homely host wants the intruders gone, intoning, “I’ve given you safe harbor. My conscience is clear.” (Banality 15:32.)

seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#12 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

While I have enjoyed S2 more than most of you, I won't be disagreeing with your comments on lazy writing and poor plotlines.Kind of read the Grantland article and I am disincilned to either agree or disagree with it.I will say this, however: If you are disappointed by the pacing, fewer zombie killings or whatever it is that bored you, I'm sure the producers will be happy to hear from you and your opinions. I still think it's a good show, especially if you discard your personal expectations.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#13 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

The first few episodes of this season were done by one group of writers and show runners and then it was taken over by a different team once darabont was off the show. They have gradually improved through the mid season finale, so I'm cutting them slack. They aren't sticking very close to the source material, but the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about. It's not a show about zombies, it's about people dealing with their lives falling apart after an apocalyptic event (just happens to be zombies). The "walking dead" actually refers to the living, not the zombies.

#14 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

View PostJadaki, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 1:02 AM, said:

The first few episodes of this season were done by one group of writers and show runners and then it was taken over by a different team once darabont was off the show. They have gradually improved through the mid season finale, so I'm cutting them slack. They aren't sticking very close to the source material, but the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about. It's not a show about zombies, it's about people dealing with their lives falling apart after an apocalyptic event (just happens to be zombies). The "walking dead" actually refers to the living, not the zombies.
Solid perspective post.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#15 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

View PostJadaki, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 12:02 AM, said:

the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about.
LOL. yes, I misunderstood the title, now I get why I thought season 2 was basically unwatchable.

#16 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

what if the show had been "A Walking Dead"all the promo shots are different camera angles of the same zombie getting cappedand then this single zombie gets re-killed in the first minute of the show, at which point it becomes a generic, boring sitcom

#17 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

View Poststrategy, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 10:50 AM, said:

what if the show had been "A Walking Dead"all the promo shots are different camera angles of the same zombie getting cappedand then this single zombie gets re-killed in the first minute of the show, at which point it becomes a generic, boring sitcom
Couldn't be any worse than it is.Sorry, I hate this show. I enjoyed the first 5 or so eps and then I tried to watch the remaining ones about 6 different times and could never get through the 7th ep. Then I perused the comix one day and saw where the show was headed and decided to just save myself some time and use it to watch something else. Or jerk off.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#18 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostJadaki, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM, said:

the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about.
I would still say it's the rampant stupidity.And of course the show is about people dealing with an apocalyptic event. The problem is that almost all of their soul-searching conversations are the same. The people who want it to be about zombie-killing don't get enough zombie killing and the people who want it to be something more than that are being fed stupid cliches ad nauseum.Shane and the redneck are the only interesting characters. The women are awful.

View Poststrategy, on Wednesday, November 30th, 2011, 7:50 AM, said:

Haha

#19 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

I never realized that the original writers and producers had left the show. Now that I know that I kinda wish I didn't.

#20 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:emma's beauty

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

i've seen all of season 1 and the last two episodes of season 2. and all i can say is the show wasnt anything groundbreaking in the begining. it was a pretty cliched zombie show to begin with. and i figured out the season finale "twist" right when they were opening the barn. not to emotional comnsideirng there was just no way that whole storyline was ending up okay.
QUOTE (SuitedAces21 @ Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brvhrt does suck. i think we all can agree on that.
QUOTE (brvheart @ Wednesday, May 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of suited's best posts in a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users