Jump to content


Ron Paul On Face The Nation


  • Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#41 mk

mk

    nord-américain racaille

  • Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

View Posthblask, on Monday, November 21st, 2011, 2:32 PM, said:

What he is opposed to, and is primarily referring to when he talks about ending the Fed, is ending the idea that an unaccountable, secret, semi-private group of corporate insiders should be able to make decisions that can so dramatically harm us.
I'm guessing you still have me on ignore because I enjoy poking holes in your absurdity, BUT:What scenario would you suspect holds a higher probability of producing outcomes which "can so dramatically harm us"?A. A group of incredibly well-educated and experienced economic scholars and practitioners with no political aspirations or motivations drive the nation's monetary policyB. A group of scumbag, child-molesting politicians with the collective IQ of a large sock full of horse manure whose opinions sway in the breeze with each new poll and would drown their own mothers if it meant getting re-elected drive the nation's monetary policyRon Paul seems to have a problem with the Fed because they aren't elected and therefore don't represent the people. It takes the mind of a toddler to poke holes in this line of thinking.1. The Fed Chairman and Board of Governors are nominated by the President (elected by the people) and approved by the Senate (also elected by the people).2. Every SC justice, appeals and district court judge is nominated and approved in the exact same manner. Does Ron Paul have a problem with this as well? I'm guessing not because it's written into the Constitution and he interprets the document like the people who interpret every word in the Bible as literal and relevant today. Congress founded the central bank in 1913 and easily could've made a Constitutional amendment. That they didn't is irrelevant to everyone except the crackpot right. But yes, apparently everyone was in on the grand conspiracy, the greatest conspiracy the world has ever known, the one in which the U.S. Congress creates a central bank, allowing a 'private' entity to destroy the lives of all Americans for all eternity. To what end is anyone's guess.3. See 'B' above, i.e. the entire point of the Fed is to insulate monetary policy from the whims of politicians who often have no formal training in economics and possess the moral fortitude of psychopaths.

#42 strategy

strategy

    Internet expert

  • Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:strategy
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

it's pretty funny, old people get so angry when they see today's CD rates. the wife will ask the husband why they're so bad, the husband will mutter something about the fed. I of course stay the fuck out of it, because who cares what some teller thinks, but I laugh when I hear our loan officers agreeing with them/cursing bernanke.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?


#43 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

    Cheese Salesman

  • Members
  • 20,246 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

View Poststrategy, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 3:56 PM, said:

it's pretty funny, old people get so angry when they see today's CD rates. the wife will ask the husband why they're so bad, the husband will mutter something about the fed. I of course stay the fuck out of it, because who cares what some teller thinks, but I laugh when I hear our loan officers agreeing with them/cursing bernanke.
It is a sad truth that most people, possibly everyone, who works for a bank is quite dumb. Disclosure: I work for a bank.The fact that the major banks make so much money is insane. The fact that dopes with useless MBAs wear $5,000 suits, attend pointless meetings and draw millions on salary and bonuses for 'managing' the process of earning more interest than paying should probably be illegal. Too bad the OWS'ers were just a bunch of ranting homeless and not actual protestors, or something might've come slightly closer to still not changing anything.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#44 akoff

akoff

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Location:The 700 Level
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 1:20 PM, said:

It is a sad truth that most people, possibly everyone, who works for a bank is quite dumb. Disclosure: I work for a bank.The fact that the major banks make so much money is insane. The fact that dopes with useless MBAs wear $5,000 suits, attend pointless meetings and draw millions on salary and bonuses for 'managing' the process of earning more interest than paying should probably be illegal. Too bad the OWS'ers were just a bunch of ranting homeless and not actual protestors, or something might've come slightly closer to still not changing anything.
I deal with banks every week and they suck...the fees drive me crazy. I mean what other industry do you get line items for lawyer fees...that one is insane. Don't get me wrong i umderstand that services cost money but why do i have to pay an interest spread and get line items for other fees. They charge all kind of daily transacton fees while sitting a mountain of my money at zero percent and then go whacking you over the head the momment you need to get into the line...grrr.I now understand why so many of the powerful business men are so ruthless in dealing with banks, they make you sign in blood and pay every little thing and when you become large enough or powerful enough you just do everything you can to grind them into the ground.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#45 strategy

strategy

    Internet expert

  • Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:strategy
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

View Postakoff, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 5:27 AM, said:

I deal with banks every week and they suck...the fees drive me crazy. I mean what other industry do you get line items for lawyer fees...that one is insane. Don't get me wrong i umderstand that services cost money but why do i have to pay an interest spread and get line items for other fees. They charge all kind of daily transacton fees while sitting a mountain of my money at zero percent and then go whacking you over the head the momment you need to get into the line...grrr.I now understand why so many of the powerful business men are so ruthless in dealing with banks, they make you sign in blood and pay every little thing and when you become large enough or powerful enough you just do everything you can to grind them into the ground.
my town's big player basically bought a huge stake in a local bank just to be able to deal with them exclusively. seems pretty genius. local banks are disgustingly profitable, and this one now does a bunch of stuff for his accounts for free.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?


#46 akoff

akoff

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Location:The 700 Level
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

View Poststrategy, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 8:07 AM, said:

my town's big player basically bought a huge stake in a local bank just to be able to deal with them exclusively. seems pretty genius. local banks are disgustingly profitable, and this one now does a bunch of stuff for his accounts for free.
it is great idea but it takes a ton of cash to leveage that...i will retire long before becoming that deep. i have learned this year eventually you get some leverage but it sucks getting there.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#47 ahosang

ahosang

    Trolling FCP like everyone else...

  • Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under a bridge - ready to troll
  • Interests:Trolling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Trolling

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

View Posthblask, on Monday, November 21st, 2011, 8:32 PM, said:

We've discussed this before, I think the gold standard is not ideal, but better than pure fiat currency. Very few doubt that anymore. The question is why not get something better yet?His End the Fed thing is not pie-in-the-sky raving from a street corner lunatic. This is a guy who has been in Washington for decades. He knows how this stuff works, what is possible, and what is necessary. What he is opposed to, and is primarily referring to when he talks about ending the Fed, is ending the idea that an unaccountable, secret, semi-private group of corporate insiders should be able to make decisions that can so dramatically harm us. I would think that believing in that status quo is among far kookier than wanting to fix it.
hey hblask, your man Ron Paul is finally getting 'his mind right' as Boss used to say back in the day. He has moved from the ridiculous gold standard which you used to spout, and what he used to recommend. He now agrees with what I've been telling you in the gold standard thread(see here, here, and here) - NOT A FIXED EXCHANGE STANDARD, BUT A FREE MARKET FLOAT!!Only thing is he needs to drop the term gold 'standard' since it is not like any standard in the past, and the term rightly induces derision...Between 1:37 and 3:43
FCP is a trollfest. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

#48 mk

mk

    nord-américain racaille

  • Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

View PostSpademan, on Thursday, November 24th, 2011, 4:02 AM, said:

Before you respond, look up libertarian on Pharyngula and parse the comment sections. There are giant comment sections I've made, and others who are brilliant have made
i did this and wish i knew your handle on the site

#49 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,269 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

View Postmk, on Thursday, December 8th, 2011, 3:42 PM, said:

i did this and wish i knew your handle on the site
ug. That site is terrible to read. He needs to get a forum.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#50 hblask

hblask

    Perpetual slow learner

  • Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

Ron Paul finally getting some love from the MSM.A reminder of why people like Newt and Romney are mocked, RP respected.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton


#51 mk

mk

    nord-américain racaille

  • Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

View Posthblask, on Monday, December 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM, said:

'RP' is not taken seriously by anyone fyi

#52 BaseJester

BaseJester

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Castle
  • Interests:Juggling. Ventriloquism. Story-telling.
  • Favorite Poker Game:The quintain

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

View Postmk, on Monday, December 12th, 2011, 4:44 PM, said:

'RP' is not taken seriously by anyone fyi
He has spent more than a decade in the US House of Representatives. I don't think it's an extended practical joke by the Texans.
If everybody is thinking the same thing, then somebody isn't thinking.
- General George Patton

#53 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,269 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

View Postmk, on Monday, December 12th, 2011, 3:44 PM, said:

'RP' is not taken seriously by anyone fyi
...

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#54 mk

mk

    nord-américain racaille

  • Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

View PostBaseJester, on Monday, December 12th, 2011, 5:37 PM, said:

He has spent more than a decade in the US House of Representatives. I don't think it's an extended practical joke by the Texans.
So has Dennis Kucinich. No one takes him seriously either. They're wonderful analogues, actually.

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 3:01 AM, said:

...
what

#55 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,269 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

View Postmk, on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 9:52 AM, said:

So has Dennis Kucinich. No one takes him seriously either. They're wonderful analogues, actually.
Dennis Kucinich was never polling 3rd nationwide. Paul was polling 2nd in Iowa as recently as a few weeks ago. As for Kucinich, I would even be surprised that he was ever polling 2nd in his home state.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#56 mk

mk

    nord-américain racaille

  • Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 11:17 AM, said:

Dennis Kucinich was never polling 3rd nationwide. Paul was polling 2nd in Iowa as recently as a few weeks ago. As for Kucinich, I would even be surprised that he was ever polling 2nd in his home state.
I wasn't really even referring to this campaign, more his general standing in Washington, i.e. that of a walking joke and punchline.I have zero interest in horserace politics, but:He's 4th or 5th in literally every poll. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume he polled 2nd in Iowa a few weeks ago. Polling 2nd for a few minutes in a race of politically inept half-wits does not grant a politician legitimacy. But hey, maybe that should be his new campaign slogan:Ron Paul: ALMOST THE LEAST RETARDED GOP CANDIDATE FOR 2012

#57 strategy

strategy

    Internet expert

  • Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:strategy
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

he's easily the least retarded 2012 GOP candidateI would like to see him run as an independent and rape the republicans for 10-15% of the vote, ensuring that none of the remaining retards can win.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?


#58 mk

mk

    nord-américain racaille

  • Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

View Poststrategy, on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 1:42 PM, said:

he's easily the least retarded 2012 GOP candidateI would like to see him run as an independent and rape the republicans for 10-15% of the vote, ensuring that none of the remaining retards can win.
absolutely no chance he gets 10-15% of the popular vote

#59 hblask

hblask

    Perpetual slow learner

  • Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

The PPP is a polling organization started by ex-Democrats, mostly for internal polling, but since they were good at it, they've gone national. They still tend to lean left in the subtle way that Rasmussen leans right. They were among the first to predict the Scott Brown upset in MA.Here is their latest results from Iowa.RP's biggest problem will be the Bible Belt states where Bombing Brown People All The Time is a top priority. He's running very poorly in those states now.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton


#60 BaseJester

BaseJester

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Castle
  • Interests:Juggling. Ventriloquism. Story-telling.
  • Favorite Poker Game:The quintain

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

View Postmk, on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 10:52 AM, said:

So has Dennis Kucinich. No one takes him seriously either. They're wonderful analogues, actually.
I guess by no one you mean no one in Washington? He has constituents.
If everybody is thinking the same thing, then somebody isn't thinking.
- General George Patton




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users