247 replies to this topic

#241 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

Top contributors to Romney, PaulBoth the size and contributors are interesting.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#242 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

So I saw on the news that Ron Paul was in MN, so I checked if he was going to be anywhere near me. It turns out he was speaking about 10 miles from my house, so I decided to go check it out. The news stories always talk about the enthusiasm of his fans, but they really don't do justice to it. It was amazing. I've been to rock concerts with less enthusiasm. We got there about 10 minutes before it started, and there was a line waiting to get in, and they said it was "less than standing room only" inside. Eventually they opened up some garage style doors at the back out into the 30 degree MN day, and people stood outside watching him through the garage doors.Once he started talking one of his people came by and started shuffling people around to fit more people in, and we ended up listening to his speech from about 10 feet away at the bottom of some stairs. When he finished he came down the stairs and shook hands and was very sweet to my kids. I'm glad I went, it really was an 'event'.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#243 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 18,992 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

sounds like a good experience for you Henry.Is Minnesota a caucus state ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#244 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Saturday, February 4th, 2012, 7:11 PM, said:

sounds like a good experience for you Henry.Is Minnesota a caucus state ?
Yes, we are a caucus state. It is on Tuesday, so I might run out to it, although I hate the actual nuts and bolts of politics.

#245 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

View Posthblask, on Saturday, February 4th, 2012, 3:53 PM, said:

So I saw on the news that Ron Paul was in MN, so I checked if he was going to be anywhere near me. It turns out he was speaking about 10 miles from my house, so I decided to go check it out. The news stories always talk about the enthusiasm of his fans, but they really don't do justice to it. It was amazing. I've been to rock concerts with less enthusiasm. We got there about 10 minutes before it started, and there was a line waiting to get in, and they said it was "less than standing room only" inside. Eventually they opened up some garage style doors at the back out into the 30 degree MN day, and people stood outside watching him through the garage doors.Once he started talking one of his people came by and started shuffling people around to fit more people in, and we ended up listening to his speech from about 10 feet away at the bottom of some stairs. When he finished he came down the stairs and shook hands and was very sweet to my kids. I'm glad I went, it really was an 'event'.
I'd be excited to meet BATMAN as well!

#246 BaseJester

BaseJester

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,108 posts
  • Interests:Juggling. Ventriloquism. Story-telling.
  • Favorite Poker Game:The quintain

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Ron Paul's pointless Internet presidency (Yahoo News)Schieffer: Not much excitement with GOP voters

'Schieffer' said:

Ron Paul got more than forty percent of the vote in Virginia, and that's just people saying, "We don't like Mitt Romney."

If everybody is thinking the same thing, then somebody isn't thinking.
- General George Patton

#247 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 18,992 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Not sure what point you're trying to make BaseJester.Is it that the media isn't giving Paul the credit he deserves for getting 40% of the vote in Virginia ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#248 BaseJester

BaseJester

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,108 posts
  • Interests:Juggling. Ventriloquism. Story-telling.
  • Favorite Poker Game:The quintain

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, March 8th, 2012, 6:35 PM, said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make BaseJester.Is it that the media isn't giving Paul the credit he deserves for getting 40% of the vote in Virginia ?
Yeah. The media coverage has been pretty negative.
If everybody is thinking the same thing, then somebody isn't thinking.
- General George Patton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users