Jump to content


Atheist Are Brain Damaged


  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#101 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

    psychonaut

  • Members
  • 10,326 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:venice beach, ca

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 3:46 PM, said:

Cliffs:BG: Atheist have something wrong with their brains, here's science and stuff.Atheists: Wait, if you take this one sentence, it makes it look like we aren't faulty thinkers.BG: UmAtheist: Yes in fact we are geniuses, smarter than everyone as proven by a chart that admits that 1 in 3 scientist believe in God.BG: umAtheist: In fact to show how smart we are, we are going to argue that ants and humans are equal.Other Atheist: But not retarded kids and monkeys right?Atheist: Oh no, they are the same too, but let's discuss which one we can kill.Other atheist: UmAtheist: Of course we wouldn't actually kill a retarded ant, we are just saying they are all the same as us, in fact we are less than an ant, a retard and a monkey.BG: Looks like the original point has been proven. Next argument?
Ants and humans are literally the same at a subatomic level.

#102 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 4:05 PM, said:

Ants and humans are literally the same at a subatomic level.
Thanks, I already have enough information to discount all posts you guys make.If I need more I'll return to this subject.Thank though.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#103 speedz99

speedz99

    It don't matter to Jesus.

  • Members
  • 28,085 posts
  • Location:North Hollywood

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

I never fail to enjoy BG's "this is what I think just happened" recaps.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#104 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

View Postspeedz99, on Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 5:31 PM, said:

I never fail to enjoy BG's "this is what I think just happened" recaps.
Do you ever have to hold in a maniacal laugh every time you visit your mother's sister?I bet if she asked you to donate to a monkey in the special olympics your head would explode. Or start working. One of those.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#105 speedz99

speedz99

    It don't matter to Jesus.

  • Members
  • 28,085 posts
  • Location:North Hollywood

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

I usually understand your jokes. Not always.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#106 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

    you can't see me!

  • Members
  • 9,397 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in hiding
  • Favorite Poker Game:PANDA

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

View PostDread Aidan, on Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 8:02 AM, said:

Did you know that the combined weight of all the ants in the world is greater than the combined weight of all humans in the world?
Yes, but don't worry. Axl Rose is doing his part.Posted Image
there were no special effects, no special effects.

#107 JubilantLankyLad

JubilantLankyLad

    you can't see me!

  • Members
  • 9,397 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in hiding
  • Favorite Poker Game:PANDA

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM, said:

It's very clear why we afford empathy to certain animals and not to others, and it has to do with the degree to which we ascribe mental states to them. We view ants as machines, not as creatures with a mental life that suffer. However, I don't think that has anything to do with their value to nature.
I find myself thinking of the distinction between Ramen and Varelse from the Ender's Game series whenever this comes up. It's a good shorthand, imo.
there were no special effects, no special effects.

#108 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,727 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rivendell

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

View PostJubilantLankyLad, on Friday, October 7th, 2011, 12:23 AM, said:

I find myself thinking of the distinction between Ramen and Varelse from the Ender's Game series whenever this comes up. It's a good shorthand, imo.
Goddam Buggers.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#109 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,727 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rivendell

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 6:46 PM, said:

Cliffs:BG: Atheist have something wrong with their brains, here's science and stuff.Atheists: Wait, if you take this one sentence, it makes it look like we aren't faulty thinkers.BG: UmAtheist: Yes in fact we are geniuses, smarter than everyone as proven by a chart that admits that 1 in 3 scientist believe in God.BG: umAtheist: In fact to show how smart we are, we are going to argue that ants and humans are equal.Other Atheist: But not retarded kids and monkeys right?Atheist: Oh no, they are the same too, but let's discuss which one we can kill.Other atheist: UmAtheist: Of course we wouldn't actually kill a retarded ant, we are just saying they are all the same as us, in fact we are less than an ant, a retard and a monkey.BG: Looks like the original point has been proven. Next argument?
Damn, have to admit that was funny.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#110 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,727 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rivendell

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

I am going to FIG this weekend, the Cinti Freethought group's having a thingy and seeing Greta Christianson, PZMyers amongst others speak. Should be fun and nerdy.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#111 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Intelligent people 'less likely to believe in god'

#112 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Tuesday, November 15th, 2011, 1:10 AM, said:

11 Jun 2008

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#113 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Monday, November 14th, 2011, 11:48 PM, said:

11 Jun 2008
the date of the study makes zero difference, and you know that.

#114 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Tuesday, November 15th, 2011, 2:30 AM, said:

the date of the study makes zero difference, and you know that.
I disagree. Science is always changing. Nobody knows who to trust anymore. I certainly can't trust an article, posted as if it was news, from like 4 years ago.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#115 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:emma's beauty

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

yeah but at least this has never been brought up before. i mean it's totally new information on a totally new topic.
QUOTE (SuitedAces21 @ Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brvhrt does suck. i think we all can agree on that.
QUOTE (brvheart @ Wednesday, May 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of suited's best posts in a long time.

#116 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

haha

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users