100 replies to this topic

#41 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,857 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

View PostMapleLeafs, on Monday, September 26th, 2011, 4:08 PM, said:

You know this is Sterling's year, right?
Sadly, I do know that.

#42 Zach6668

Zach6668

2009 Stanley Cup Champions

• Moderators
  • 42,558 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

View PostMapleLeafs, on Monday, September 26th, 2011, 4:08 PM, said:

You know this is Sterling's year, right?
He and Hensick were both cut already.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#43 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Shufflin'

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

So I missed the draft in my work league. 14 teams, 2 goalie min/max. Categories are W, SV%, GAA, SHO. Rank the following: Reimer, Anderson, Montoya, Dubnyk.Because of the two goalie min/max, there's a good chance I have a shot at any backups in case of injury.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#44 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Shufflin'

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Who is more likely to play more than 9 games in the NHL this year?StromeHuberduberCouturierZibanejadScheifele?

#45 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,346 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Thursday, September 29th, 2011, 8:26 AM, said:

Who is more likely to play more than 9 games in the NHL this year?StromeHuberduberCouturierZibanejadScheifele?
I think a few of those guys will play 9 games, but if I have to choose the most likely I'm going with Zibanejad.Sorry, misread....I think Strome only sees 9. Scheifele is playing extremely well and I think he gets at least 9. Z is the best bet.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#46 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,857 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, September 29th, 2011, 9:38 AM, said:

I think a few of those guys will play 9 games, but if I have to choose the most likely I'm going with Zibanejad.Sorry, misread....I think Strome only sees 9. Scheifele is playing extremely well and I think he gets at least 9. Z is the best bet.
Agree.ReimerDubnykAndersonMontoya

#47 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Shufflin'

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, September 29th, 2011, 10:38 AM, said:

View Postajs510, on Thursday, September 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM, said:

Agree.ReimerDubnykAndersonMontoya
Thanks gentlemen. I'll probably end up with Z and Scheifele. Will have to stick with Anderson over Dubnyk for the first week or two to see how Edmonton plays, since we're very limited on the # of transactions in this league.

#48 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 12,549 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hockey Draft Pool in Toronto. Thurs Oct 6. Serge+JP will be there. We're gonna watch the Leafs smoke the Habs.time 8:30, near 401+Dufferin. Classic snake style draft, prob 10-14 poolies. If anyone is interested, let me know.

#49 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 39,564 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Thursday, September 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM, said:

Hockey Draft Pool in Toronto. Thurs Oct 6. Serge+JP will be there. We're gonna watch the Leafs smoke the Habs.time 8:30, near 401+Dufferin. Classic snake style draft, prob 10-14 poolies. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Like i said in the other thread im torn..If you havent seen me during a Leafs game, you probably dont understand..I need to concentrate on every play, and if the Leafs dont win I get violent.I want to come though.
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#50 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 12,549 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

View Postserge, on Thursday, September 29th, 2011, 3:35 PM, said:

Like i said in the other thread im torn..If you havent seen me during a Leafs game, you probably dont understand..I need to concentrate on every play, and if the Leafs dont win I get violent.I want to come though.
actually, I dont think Ive ever seen a Leafs game with you. What a treat for all of us!!I say come, and by the time the draft starts, it will already be 7-0 Leafs. The game will be over by the time the real drafting starts.

#51 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,957 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:25 AM

first draft of the year last night. work pool, newbie friendly, very little drafting strategy.there were 14 people. We draft 8 forwards, 4 defense, and 2 goalies. There is a seperate drafting order and draft for each category. Points only, no roster changes. officepools.com style. Goalie wins are 2, and shutouts are a bonus 3 points.My team:Forwards:1. Ovechkin (4)2. Matt Duchene (25)3. Zach Parise (33)4. Patrick marleau (54)5. Marian Hossa (62)6. Patric Hornqvist (83)7. Evander Kane (91)8. Gabriel Landeskog (112)Defense:1. Lubomir Visnovsky (9)2. Dustin Byfuglien (20)3. Ryan Suter (36)4. Jaime Mcbain (47)Goalies:1. Marc Andre Fleury (7)2. James Reimer (21)6 of us also did a $5 Rookie of the year pool. I took Zac Dalpe, so I hope he makes the Canes. 6 guys chosen were:RNHLandeskogOEL (lol ineligible, I think I'll give this guy another pick)Brayden SchennNini NeiderreiterZac DalpeIf none of them win the Calder, the pot goes to the highest point total in the NHL this year.

#52 serge

serge

• Members
  • 39,564 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Ovechkin went 4?Stamkos, Sedin , Crosby?
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#53 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,957 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

Stamkos, Sedin, Perry

#54 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,857 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

View PostDubey, on Friday, September 30th, 2011, 10:25 AM, said:

If none of them win the Calder, the pot goes to the highest point total in the NHL this year.
No Larsson or Johansen, I'm surprised by that. Johansen is my pick.

#55 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,957 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

View Postajs510, on Friday, September 30th, 2011, 7:50 AM, said:

No Larsson or Johansen, I'm surprised by that. Johansen is my pick.
it was kind of an impromptu last minute thing with no research done and no research available. We all just kinda randomly picked a guy without much thought.

#56 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,857 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostDubey, on Friday, September 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM, said:

it was kind of an impromptu last minute thing with no research done and no research available. We all just kinda randomly picked a guy without much thought.
That's fair. I hear good things about Dalpe, could easily make a run at it in the right situation.

#57 Zach6668

Zach6668

2009 Stanley Cup Champions

• Moderators
  • 42,558 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Dalpe is slated to play on the top line with Staal and Poni.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#58 serge

serge

• Members
  • 39,564 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Ryan Johanssen is a beast...So is Marcus Johannsson
GO LEAFS GO

#59 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,957 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:10 AM

final draft of the year for me was last night.goals: 2assists: 1wins: 2shutouts: extra 5the point structure completed changed the player rankings, and only a few guys in the pool adjusted for it. It was the same structure as my last pool, with 3 seperate drafting orders for forwards/defense/goalies. Also, this pool allows you to make 2 trades at the all star break and completely replace the points. ie. if Crosby doesn't play, I can trade him and get player x, + all the points he got in the meantime.I'm pretty happy with my team, obviously my strategy was to focus on goal scorers. I wasn't planning on drafting any Leafs, but kessel and Kulemin fell to me in good spots, given the point structure.15 teams in the draft1. Sidney Crosby (9)2. Jeff Carter (21)3. Patrick Sharp (39)4. Phil Kessel (51)5. jamie Benn (69)6. Patrice bergeron (81)7. Nik Kulemin (99)1. Mike green (2)2. Erik karlsson (29)1. Cam Ward (11)

#60 serge

serge

• Members
  • 39,564 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

View PostDubey, on Tuesday, October 4th, 2011, 6:10 AM, said:

final draft of the year for me was last night.goals: 2assists: 1wins: 2shutouts: extra 5the point structure completed changed the player rankings, and only a few guys in the pool adjusted for it. It was the same structure as my last pool, with 3 seperate drafting orders for forwards/defense/goalies. Also, this pool allows you to make 2 trades at the all star break and completely replace the points. ie. if Crosby doesn't play, I can trade him and get player x, + all the points he got in the meantime.I'm pretty happy with my team, obviously my strategy was to focus on goal scorers. I wasn't planning on drafting any Leafs, but kessel and Kulemin fell to me in good spots, given the point structure.15 teams in the draft1. Sidney Crosby (9)2. Jeff Carter (21)3. Patrick Sharp (39)4. Phil Kessel (51)5. jamie Benn (69)6. Patrice bergeron (81)7. Nik Kulemin (99)1. Mike green (2)2. Erik karlsson (29)1. Cam Ward (11)
Kulemin is going to have a big year..I am hoping Ronnie Genious utilizes him more on the PP. He scored 30 goals last year despite being ranked 127th in the NHL in PP TOI(Power play time on Ice).He is in his 4th year, where a lot of players take the next step.This is going to sound bold , however I believe he has 40 40 talent...80 pts isnt out of the question.
GO LEAFS GO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users