2687 replies to this topic

#41 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,314 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 9:21 PM, said:

SO EXTREME!!!! EXTREME! RIGHT WING EXTREMIST!!!! EXTREME! Christians are all EXTREME!!!
Did you read the article ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#42 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,000 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Yes. She believes that the Bible is true and that it's the final authority in her life. Like I said... a Christian. EXTREEEEEEME!!!
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#43 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,355 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 10:54 PM, said:

Yes. She believes that the Bible is true and that it's the final authority in her life. Like I said... a Christian. EXTREEEEEEME!!!
I enjoy how I can quote this exactly and agree with it.

#44 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

I donít think Bachmann is going to win or that her views are typical. I think even among Christians her views would be seen as hardcore. The fact that she is getting consideration shows you how much fear there is of the current administration and how far they are out of touch with the public.I donít believe the next President has entered the race yet. The independents will decide this next election and it is pretty obvious to most that our current leader is a jack-ass.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#45 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,314 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

View Postakoff, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 6:28 AM, said:

I donít think Bachmann is going to win or that her views are typical. I think even among Christians her views would be seen as hardcore. The fact that she is getting consideration shows you how much fear there is of the current administration and how far they are out of touch with the public.I donít believe the next President has entered the race yet. The independents will decide this next election and it is pretty obvious to most that our current leader is a jack-ass.
I think that the reason Bachmann's popular with a large number of Republicans has little to do with Obama. She reflects the views of a large growing segment of the Conservative Base that are very fiscally and socially conservative and she's an attractive package to represent their views even if she will have little appeal to independents.
Bob

#46 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,073 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM, said:

SO EXTREME!!!! EXTREME! RIGHT WING EXTREMIST!!!! EXTREME! Christians are all EXTREME!!!
Replace "Christian" with "Muslim" in that article, and half of America would want her held as a terrorist.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#47 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 3:10 AM, said:

I think that the reason Bachmann's popular with a large number of Republicans has little to do with Obama. She reflects the views of a large growing segment of the Conservative Base that are very fiscally and socially conservative and she's an attractive package to represent their views even if she will have little appeal to independents.
I think she is that person for a minority of very active Republicans which are driving things right now. I donít believe in her ability to carry this all the way when more level headed people enter that race or become more active. At the end of the day people vote the wallet more than anything else. Jimmy Carter was one term for the same reasons that the first GB was one termÖthe economy was bad. Morals and socials issues lose importance to the masses when they donít have job.If she can sell her platform as a fiscal conservative and keep the rest of it outÖwhich I doubt she can do, maybe then she has a chance. I do think many independents and or moderates will be voting for whatever candidate is against BHO.Personally I will be voting for the biggest fiscal conservative I can find, I will take care of my own morals.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#48 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:42 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 9:21 PM, said:

Most of the Christians I know would find her very extreme. I live in godless, fake America though (translation: a city).

View Posthblask, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 8:06 PM, said:

I thought this was going to be someone serious. I think the mounting evidence that both the right fringe and the left fringe hate Obama is proof he is doing as good a job as possible with a completely divided populace.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#49 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

View Posthblask, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 7:37 PM, said:

5. Newseek posts a flagrantly bad photoshop of Michelle Bachman to make her look crazy; the left, apparently unaware of Photoshop, thinks it is proof she is crazy.
Nah, we still have a couple of decent news sources on the left unlike the righthttp://www.reuters.c...311514320110810Also, that's not photoshop; it's just a terrible picture used on the cover for underhanded purposes.

#50 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,314 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 11:16 AM, said:

Nah, we still have a couple of decent news sources on the left unlike the righthttp://www.reuters.c...311514320110810Also, that's not photoshop; it's just a terrible picture used on the cover for underhanded purposes.
I like this line from Jon Stewart

"But. Be honest Newsweek. You used that photo in a petty attempt to make Michele Bachman look crazy. And that's what her words are for. ...You want a photo that makes her seem a little off? Make it out of her words."

Bob

#51 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 6:42 AM, said:

Most of the Christians I know would find her very extreme. I live in godless, fake America though (translation: a city).
I know, taking in 14 orphans and giving them a home is way too extreme.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#52 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 1:54 PM, said:

I know, taking in 14 orphans and giving them a home is way too extreme.
Nancy Pelosi is a good person too with a lovely family. I still find her political positions extreme.Political/Religious extremist =/ bad person.I think it is awesome she took in 14 orphans. I think it is less awesome that she thinks being gay is "part of Satan" and predicted when Obama was elected that "young people" would be pressed into "mandatory service" and forced to go to "re-education camps".

#53 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM, said:

I like this line from Jon Stewart
The Daily show episode was hilarious.But on the reigous extremism, I have a question. Bachmann said that God told her to run. Um, as far as I know he told every other Republican candidate the same thing. Now, I'm pretty agnostic about the whole idea of some God/supernatural/alien thingy being the whole creator of the universe. I tend to think it's an unknowable proposition actually, but I tend to doubt the idea. I really doubt that one of these candidates actually got to talk to the Ultimate Creator of the Universe though. So basically it means that at least all but one is actually lying, and most likely all of them. WEll, unless you view God as the big pranxster type that plants dinosaur fossils and such. In other words I call Shenanigans. I think you are just basically willing to say anything to help you get elected. If you in fact use the "Well, I talked to the ULTIMATE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE CARD, then to me you should pretty much be disqualified from even entering the frey. If you can't be honest about such a thing, you really shouldn't have your finger on the nuke button, imho. It would seem much more logical to me for a candidate to say, "Whooah, talk to the UC of U guy? No way! If I could I would ask him to fix the economy, the secret of unlimited energy, (and maybe how to get a date with Mila Kunis) and simply pass it on for the good of mankind or something.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#54 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 3:00 PM, said:

The Daily show episode was hilarious.But on the reigous extremism, I have a question. Bachmann said that God told her to run. Um, as far as I know he told every other Republican candidate the same thing. Now, I'm pretty agnostic about the whole idea of some God/supernatural/alien thingy being the whole creator of the universe. I tend to think it's an unknowable proposition actually, but I tend to doubt the idea. I really doubt that one of these candidates actually got to talk to the Ultimate Creator of the Universe though. So basically it means that at least all but one is actually lying, and most likely all of them. WEll, unless you view God as the big pranxster type that plants dinosaur fossils and such. In other words I call Shenanigans. I think you are just basically willing to say anything to help you get elected. If you in fact use the "Well, I talked to the ULTIMATE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE CARD, then to me you should pretty much be disqualified from even entering the frey. If you can't be honest about such a thing, you really shouldn't have your finger on the nuke button, imho. It would seem much more logical to me for a candidate to say, "Whooah, talk to the UC of U guy? No way! If I could I would ask him to fix the economy, the secret of unlimited energy, (and maybe how to get a date with Mila Kunis) and simply pass it on for the good of mankind or something.
Maybe God wants to have lots of people run on the republican ticket to have lots of money to be absorbed by so many republican candidates that the democrats have an easier time winning so that they can continue with their actions to bring down the United States economically while bringing down the world and thus prepare the way for the anti-christ to rise to power.I mean he used a jack ass before to bring about His will in Numbers 22. Maybe he is going to use a whole party of jack asses to bring about the conditions for the anti-christ to be accepted.If I was desiring the United States to fail, the democrat party would be my first choice since they seem hell bent on that desire also.

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#55 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 8:16 AM, said:

Love that you go to Jon Stewart as your 'decent news source'

#56 CindyLou

CindyLou

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:My dogs, poker, and laughing!
  • Favorite Poker Game:No limit hold em

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 5:00 PM, said:

Bachmann said that God told her to run. Um, as far as I know he told every other Republican candidate the same thing. Now, I'm pretty agnostic about the whole idea of some God/supernatural/alien thingy being the whole creator of the universe. I tend to think it's an unknowable proposition actually, but I tend to doubt the idea. I really doubt that one of these candidates actually got to talk to the Ultimate Creator of the Universe though. So basically it means that at least all but one is actually lying, and most likely all of them. WEll, unless you view God as the big pranxster type that plants dinosaur fossils and such. In other words I call Shenanigans. I think you are just basically willing to say anything to help you get elected. If you in fact use the "Well, I talked to the ULTIMATE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE CARD, then to me you should pretty much be disqualified from even entering the frey. If you can't be honest about such a thing, you really shouldn't have your finger on the nuke button, imho. It would seem much more logical to me for a candidate to say, "Whooah, talk to the UC of U guy? No way! If I could I would ask him to fix the economy, the secret of unlimited energy, (and maybe how to get a date with Mila Kunis) and simply pass it on for the good of mankind or something.
This is a pretty bad post.

#57 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 3:00 PM, said:

She is not lying, she is crazy.

#58 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 6:10 AM, said:

This is a good point, I wonder if the Libertarians are strategizing on how to appeal to the social conservatives. They have a real shot at becoming significant if they don't alienate them. They need to try and convince them that they will be allowed to exist, thrive and prosper on their merit. This will mean they will have to oppose the gay lobby. They will need to propose to take marriage out of the hands of govt altogether. It will be for Churches to decide how to handle marriage. They can't be consistent otherwise. Reading the "The Declaration of Independents" (I haven't finished it yet), it seems as though they will support the gay lobby at the expense of religious freedom. This is not consistent and may keep me from voting for them. There are several ways to reach out to social conservatives that may be effective without compromising their principles. Some they will never get, but they could get enough to become a player in national politics if they could peel off a large enough slice.
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

#59 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

View PostZealous Donkey, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 5:44 PM, said:

This is a good point, I wonder if the Libertarians are strategizing on how to appeal to the social conservatives. They have a real shot at becoming significant if they don't alienate them. They need to try and convince them that they will be allowed to exist, thrive and prosper on their merit. This will mean they will have to oppose the gay lobby. They will need to propose to take marriage out of the hands of govt altogether. It will be for Churches to decide how to handle marriage. They can't be consistent otherwise. Reading the "The Declaration of Independents" (I haven't finished it yet), it seems as though they will support the gay lobby at the expense of religious freedom. This is not consistent and may keep me from voting for them. There are several ways to reach out to social conservatives that may be effective without compromising their principles. Some they will never get, but they could get enough to become a player in national politics if they could peel off a large enough slice.
The Libertarian Party will never become a real player; they are more like a feeder group for a takeover of the Republican party. It is showing some signs of working in the Ron Paul movement, and even a few old-guard neocons are giving surprising positions once in a while. I think Ron Paul is as close as libertarians will get to a viable candidate for a while. It was big news that Gary Johnson got all the way up to 2% in a national poll the other day.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#60 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

View Posthblask, on Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 7:03 PM, said:

The Libertarian Party will never become a real player; they are more like a feeder group for a takeover of the Republican party. It is showing some signs of working in the Ron Paul movement, and even a few old-guard neocons are giving surprising positions once in a while. I think Ron Paul is as close as libertarians will get to a viable candidate for a while. It was big news that Gary Johnson got all the way up to 2% in a national poll the other day.
Yes, I didn't mean the traditional Libertarian Party. I should have made that clear. What I meant is for candidates like Paul and Johnson to actually win. I don't think there is any doubt in your mind that Paul and Johnson are full blown libertarians. I will vote for one or the other in the primary. I would love to see one of the candidates reach out to social conservatives if only to say "Hey we aren't a threat to you, we welcome you to worship and raise your children as you please, but you need to be willing to rise on your merit, not aided by the govt legislating a specific set or moral values." That would be a good way to get a conversation started. I don't care how Paul does in the Iowa Straw poll he is not going to win without winning over a good chunk of social conservatives. In fact, I think Rand Paul would have a better chance than Ron Paul right now, because I think Rand would do better with social conservatives.
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users