2687 replies to this topic

#21 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

2012 election:1. Republicans still waiting for a real candidate, while Gary Johnson can't get coverage.2. Ron Paul is surging in the Iowa straw poll, a recent poll showed him #1 among decided voters there.3. Ralph Nader claims it is near 100% chance that Obama will have a primary challenger, and other Dems are quietly saying the same thing.4. Rick Santorum still has "the Google problem"; Dan Savage has vowed to make it a "Rick problem" too unless Santorum stops gay bashing.5. Newseek posts a flagrantly bad photoshop of Michelle Bachman to make her look crazy; the left, apparently unaware of Photoshop, thinks it is proof she is crazy.6. Did I mention Republicans are still waiting for a real candidate?7. Mitt Romney still MIA, did I hear it's because Obama was making fun of his jeans?8. The Fed has promised two more years of loose monetary policy, this is the worst news Obama could get. It means the housing market has no chance of recovering in the next two years and therefore no economic recovery.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#22 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 5:01 PM, said:

Or Rick Scott (amiright, Cane?)
It took him less than a year to alienate the vast majority of FL voters. It's almost impressive.Henry, I'd say #3 would be worse news for Obama than #8 by quite a bit. Most incumbents who lose faced at least some competition in the primary.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#23 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, the number 8 should've said worst *economic* news, and even that could end up being wrong. Double digit inflation would finish Obama off.And I decided to look up the Romney jeans story and I can't tell if it's a slow news day or what. I'm assuming it's tongue-in-cheek; if not I'm embarrassed to live in this country.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#24 SilentSnow

SilentSnow

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 2:51 PM, said:

So you are retracting your previous opinion of Texas and trying to gloss over being caught by deflecting on another nebulous 'bad guy state' that you think justifies your wrong opinion about Texas?Seems some one has a problem with debating issues with honesty.So let's recap while its still fresh.SS; Texas sucks and I hate them for being XBG: Actually they are being X from a logical positionSS: Yea...well...WYOMING IS POOR!Everyone: :eyeroll:
I'm not retracting anything and your summary of what I said is pathetically wrong. First of all, I was originally talking about Perry. It was a douchebag move to talk about secession. He made it worse by then begging for Federal aid. It was worse still because he was lying about the lack of federal aid. I never mentioned anything about Texas being a welfare queen. You then made a weak excuse for him, and I made the additional point that the red states were welfare leeches. If Perry wants to redeem himself by trying to eliminate federal aid to states then I guess I could forgive his douche-baggery.

"I am a series of electronic pulses in a vast array of networked silicon lifeforms."

#25 SilentSnow

SilentSnow

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 2:57 PM, said:

P.S.The top two most unfair states...run by democrats during this 'poll'And the worst example: DC with a 2.5 Xs worse than NM...run by Democrats almost exclusively for everThen the third on the list is AlaskaThen the next 2 are again democrats.So of the top 5 ( not counting DC ) 4 of them are democrat controlled statesNow to follow your MO, you need to deflect from the source of info and tell us how you were right, even while being wrong.
As a right wing troll, you should know as well as anyone that there are 50 states in the union.

"I am a series of electronic pulses in a vast array of networked silicon lifeforms."

#26 SilentSnow

SilentSnow

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

View Posthblask, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 3:37 PM, said:

2012 election:1. Republicans still waiting for a real candidate, while Gary Johnson can't get coverage.5. Newseek posts a flagrantly bad photoshop of Michelle Bachman to make her look crazy; the left, apparently unaware of Photoshop, thinks it is proof she is crazy.
1.Sorry to break it to you, but the tea party hates libertarians(not quite as much as they do liberals, of course). As of right now the tea party controls the Republican party since the pathetic Republican moderates are too afraid to stand up to them. http://myteaparty.org/results/5.Evidence? As far as I know that picture is not photoshopped. Bachmann really does look that crazy.

#27 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostSilentSnow, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 7:22 PM, said:

5.Evidence?
It's been all over the web:The Newsweek coverThe original, before being photoshoppedEDIT: If you put the two images on two tabs next to each other and click them really fast, it's kind of fun. If anyone knows how to make an animated gif, this would be a great chance.

#28 SilentSnow

SilentSnow

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

View Posthblask, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 6:51 PM, said:

It's been all over the web:The Newsweek coverThe original, before being photoshoppedEDIT: If you put the two images on two tabs next to each other and click them really fast, it's kind of fun. If anyone knows how to make an animated gif, this would be a great chance.
Well good thing us liberals already all sold our souls to Satan. Otherwise we might be concerned that she is running for president. As it is you're just throwing us into the briar patch.

#29 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

View PostSilentSnow, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 5:40 PM, said:

As a right wing troll, you should know as well as anyone that there are 50 states in the union.
Ummmmyou post a list of the worstest states in order of magnitude.you then use this list to 'prove' your point that republicans are badI point out that 4 of the top 5 are democrat controlled states. And I only stopped there because it was funny.You then point out there are 58 states...err 50.I win.HB soon to include Woosh Woosh Nija Logic Woosh Woosh line.Everyone gets it, except you. :club:
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#30 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

View PostSilentSnow, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 6:22 PM, said:

1.Sorry to break it to you, but the tea party hates libertarians(not quite as much as they do liberals, of course). As of right now the tea party controls the Republican party since the pathetic Republican moderates are too afraid to stand up to them. http://myteaparty.org/results/5.Evidence? As far as I know that picture is not photoshopped. Bachmann really does look that crazy.
Silly Tea Party.Thinking that they have the right to stand up for what they believe in and make happen an historic party change in the house of representatives.Then they think they are relevant.Silly Tea Party.the best thing you can do is continue to bury your head and think they don't matter. Next you can ignore that horn sound with lights bearing down on you while you stand on a railroad track and promise us that you dems still run things.

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#31 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 3:30 PM, said:

Heard on the radio today that our new governor has passed a deal where ALL the electoral college votes in California will now go to which ever candidate has the most popular votes across the nation.Yea, no reason to make California matter at all. Candidates can now skip California, they only get those 55 electoral college votes if they get the popular vote.This is an attempt to change the constitution without changing the constitution in the manner the constitution allowed.Gotta love democrats willing to ignore the constitution when it gets in the way of their plans.
People are so retarded. That being said, this changes nothing for the country. I would fully expect all of the "big" states (in population) to sign onto this. The electoral college is for the protection of the little (in population) states.

View PostSilentSnow, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 3:52 PM, said:

I can see why you guys think Perry is so great.
A sphincter says what? Which of us said he was "great"?

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#32 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

View PostSilentSnow, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 10:03 PM, said:

As it is you're just throwing us into the briar patch.
RACIST

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#33 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:51 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 7:04 PM, said:

Each state's legislature determines how its electors are to be chosen.[34] Currently, all states choose electors by popular election on the date specified by federal law. Forty eight states, and Washington, D.C., employ the winner-takes-all method, each awarding its electors as a single bloc.[citation needed] Two states, Maine and Nebraska, select one elector within each congressional district by popular vote, and additionally select the remaining two electors by the aggregate, statewide popular vote.[citation needed] This method has been used in Maine since 1972 and in Nebraska since 1992
Thanks for this. I reiterate that it is absolutely insane that every state doesn't do it the same way. It is possibly more insane that individual states have the option to change it. I thought you were the UNITED States! Ohhhh snap.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#34 SilentSnow

SilentSnow

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:28 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 7:49 PM, said:

Silly Tea Party.Thinking that they have the right to stand up for what they believe in and make happen an historic party change in the house of representatives.Then they think they are relevant.Silly Tea Party.the best thing you can do is continue to bury your head and think they don't matter. Next you can ignore that horn sound with lights bearing down on you while you stand on a railroad track and promise us that you dems still run things.
Your trolling is severely deteriorating. The first rule of trolling is not to get your opponents' position wildly wrong, because they then have no incentive to respond to you. The goal is to get some part of it right, then distort the rest. I clearly have said they do matter since they have a hugely disproportionate influence over government compared to their actual numbers in congress and the general population. Obviously we disagree on whether that is a good thing. I have stated multiple times that Liberals are disenfranchised in this country and Democrats do not even remotely run things. The last time Democrats ran things in this country was the 1960s.

#35 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

View PostSilentSnow, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 6:28 AM, said:

Your trolling is severely deteriorating. The first rule of trolling is not to get your opponents' position wildly wrong, because they then have no incentive to respond to you. The goal is to get some part of it right, then distort the rest.
I bow to your superior innate trolling skills.

I clearly have said they do matter since they have a hugely disproportionate influence over government compared to their actual numbers in congress and the general population. Obviously we disagree on whether that is a good thing. I have stated multiple times that Liberals are disenfranchised in this country and Democrats do not even remotely run things. The last time Democrats ran things in this country was the 1960s.
Well, with the way Obama and Co are running things...it will be a long time before they ever get to run anything but their mouths for a long time.

#36 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 1:30 PM, said:

Heard on the radio today that our new governor has passed a deal where ALL the electoral college votes in California will now go to which ever candidate has the most popular votes across the nation.Yea, no reason to make California matter at all. Candidates can now skip California, they only get those 55 electoral college votes if they get the popular vote.This is an attempt to change the constitution without changing the constitution in the manner the constitution allowed.Gotta love democrats willing to ignore the constitution when it gets in the way of their plans.
Gotta love republicans, never actually reading the constitution but thinking it always supports their side: Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. (Article 2, Clause 2)So, we can choose them by whatever method we choose. But the bill is interesting, it's not just california, there's a group of states that would buy in to the same system, and the idea is that eventually they all would.

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 1:41 PM, said:

Can't the guy who votes in the "electoral college" just, in the end, vote for whoever he wants regardless of what the people say?

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 1:49 PM, said:

I don't think so. They are required to follow the rules that their state gives them. Some states require all votes to go to whichever candidate wins the state, some states split the votes based on the voting precinct results.I don't think I've ever heard of an electoral college vote going contrary to their prescribed policy.
Yes they can, although they may be punished by their state for doing so. It has happened before, they are called "faithless electors". http://en.wikipedia....ithless_elector

View Postmrdannyg, on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011, 2:58 PM, said:

If someone had told me that some states do it one way and some do it another, I would have told them they must be confused, because no voting system could ever be so ridiculous as to not have this consistent one way or the other.I believe everything that BG says, so I'm not even going to look that up.Really though? The votes in states are divided differently? That seems absolutely insane.

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 5:51 AM, said:

Thanks for this. I reiterate that it is absolutely insane that every state doesn't do it the same way. It is possibly more insane that individual states have the option to change it. I thought you were the UNITED States! Ohhhh snap.
Why is it "insane" for states to be allowed to choose their electors how they wish to? We are a federation of states...

#37 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 3:20 PM, said:

Gotta love republicans, never actually reading the constitution but thinking it always supports their side: Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. (Article 2, Clause 2)So, we can choose them by whatever method we choose. But the bill is interesting, it's not just california, there's a group of states that would buy in to the same system, and the idea is that eventually they all would. Yes they can, although they may be punished by their state for doing so. It has happened before, they are called "faithless electors". http://en.wikipedia....ithless_electorWhy is it "insane" for states to be allowed to choose their electors how they wish to? We are a federation of states...
Your first two points made way too much sense for me to argue the one that referred to me.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#38 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,843 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

How will Bachmann's extreme religious views be used against her ?http://www.economist...nation?fsrc=nwl
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#39 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

The first Obama primary challenger is making noise.

#40 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 6:36 PM, said:

How will Bachmann's extreme religious views be used against her ?http://www.economist...nation?fsrc=nwl
SO EXTREME!!!! EXTREME! RIGHT WING EXTREMIST!!!! EXTREME! Christians are all EXTREME!!!

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users