Jump to content


I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A


  • Please log in to reply
4077 replies to this topic

#1 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

I am bored and having a bad day and everyone is talking about contracts in the Leafs thread and I have no strong opinion either way and serge gets angry if we don't stay on topic in that one particular thread even though every thread in this place goes off the rails here and there because we are all pretty much friends. OR SO I THOUGHT!I hate people today.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#2 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

how's the weather in Michigan, nice and Sunny ?Any hints that today is the day the psycho decides to kill you ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#3 ajs510

ajs510

    Resident Evil

  • Members
  • 24,912 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

I bought a new gun last night, pretty pleased with it. My buddy has this habit that's bad for him but great for me of purchasing new toys when he has money (at full price) and then selling them to me when he doesn't have money at nearly half price. Works out great for me, plus, no paperwork. Win!It's a tactical 12ga shotgun...I'm intimidated by it and I get to stay on the safe end. I'm 34 years old and I've only owned 5 vehicles in my entire life, and three of those were between ages 16 and 22. Says a lot about the American truck industry, really, I've been driving a pair of American pickups for the last 13 years. Is that weird though? I know a lot of people who go through vehicles like water.

#4 Mercury69

Mercury69

    Half man! Half man!

  • Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pftph!
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

Harro, I r easy target. Hit me like a fucking piņata.On topic comment: GadDAMN, are sports players overpaid or WHAT?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#5 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

    Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

  • Members
  • 32,657 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sudbury
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

I've never fired a 'real' gun in my life. I bet I could hit a target in a shooting range on my first and/or second attempt though.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#6 rinswun

rinswun

    Glencross FTW!!

  • Members
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

i had a ridic awkward day today. at work i sit directly next to one of my good friend's girlfriend who i inadvertatenly got together by introducing them. anyways, she was off sick yesterday and i bumped into him and he told me he had ended the relationship (1 year) so she was taking a day off to think things through.whilst i think she's cool and all, i'm not great friends with her but we chat at work as you do when you sit next too someone. anyways, she turns up today and i get the cold shoulder all day, and i literally didn't know what to say. i ended up doing the whole kinda 'soooooooo, what's up?' type thing to literally stone cold silence. not quite sure how this is my fault but the awkwardness is kinda funny.
QUOTE (Untilted @ Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)


Weight loss bet:

Start weight (10/01/2011) - 199.0lbs
Current weight (31/01/2011) - 194.2lbs

#7 Mercury69

Mercury69

    Half man! Half man!

  • Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pftph!
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

If I buy a gun, it will be some kind of Glock. Those things exceeded all test results (ie: very low jam rate, etc). Is it any wonder they are so popular?Sitting next to an awkward situation: Ask the floor for a seat change?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#8 ajs510

ajs510

    Resident Evil

  • Members
  • 24,912 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:08 PM, said:

I've never fired a 'real' gun in my life. I bet I could hit a target in a shooting range on my first and/or second attempt though.
It would definitely depend on what you're shooting and how far away your target is. Rifles are more forgiving than handguns, certain handguns are better than others...etc. I could put my SIG 229 in your hands and have no doubts that you'd be hitting a target 15 feet away on the first magazine, it's a great gun. Conversely, my Walther P22 is such a POS that I've owned it for 5 years and still can't hit anything with it, ever. I can stand 5 feet away from a paper target and still miss, the gun is garbage.

#9 ajs510

ajs510

    Resident Evil

  • Members
  • 24,912 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

View PostMercury69, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:13 PM, said:

If I buy a gun, it will be some kind of Glock. Those things exceeded all test results (ie: very low jam rate, etc). Is it any wonder they are so popular?
I thought that too, until I picked one up and actually held it. I just do not like them at all. I've gone back many times and handled different models of Glock pistols and I just hate the way they feel. They're very polarizing...people who love them would never trust their life to anything else and people who hate them would never consider purchasing one.

#10 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:05 PM, said:

how's the weather in Michigan, nice and Sunny ?Any hints that today is the day the psycho decides to kill you ?
Weather is okay. Little overcast and low 80's. Not nearly as humid as it has been the last 4-5 days though. But sadly I am stuck inside.lol, I won't know if I live or die till next Tuesday.

View Postajs510, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:05 PM, said:

I'm 34 years old and I've only owned 5 vehicles in my entire life, and three of those were between ages 16 and 22. Says a lot about the American truck industry, really, I've been driving a pair of American pickups for the last 13 years. Is that weird though? I know a lot of people who go through vehicles like water.
I go through vehicles like water because I don't buy them, I lease. I like to drive and get bored driving the same car for more than 2 years. I will say that I have owned 2 "American" cars and both died on me early in life and I have had one German car that was fun as hell to drive but was in the shop for electrical issues all the time, and 4 Japanese cars (3 of which were built here in America by Americans unlike my Mexican made Canadian parted Buick) which lasted the life of their leases with no issues. So I will stick with Japanese for the time being until they do me wrong. :club:

View PostMercury69, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:07 PM, said:

Harro, I r easy target. Hit me like a fucking piņata.On topic comment: GadDAMN, are sports players overpaid or WHAT?
I wish I was overpaid.

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:08 PM, said:

I've never fired a 'real' gun in my life. I bet I could hit a target in a shooting range on my first and/or second attempt though.
I have never shot a real gun either. I have shot pellet guns with my grandpa when I was growing up and did well with target shooting.

View Postrinswun, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:10 PM, said:

i had a ridic awkward day today. at work i sit directly next to one of my good friend's girlfriend who i inadvertatenly got together by introducing them. anyways, she was off sick yesterday and i bumped into him and he told me he had ended the relationship (1 year) so she was taking a day off to think things through.whilst i think she's cool and all, i'm not great friends with her but we chat at work as you do when you sit next too someone. anyways, she turns up today and i get the cold shoulder all day, and i literally didn't know what to say. i ended up doing the whole kinda 'soooooooo, what's up?' type thing to literally stone cold silence. not quite sure how this is my fault but the awkwardness is kinda funny.
bitches...amirite?
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#11 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

    Cheese Salesman

  • Members
  • 18,214 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

View Postajs510, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 2:05 PM, said:

I bought a new gun last night, pretty pleased with it. My buddy has this habit that's bad for him but great for me of purchasing new toys when he has money (at full price) and then selling them to me when he doesn't have money at nearly half price. Works out great for me, plus, no paperwork. Win!It's a tactical 12ga shotgun...I'm intimidated by it and I get to stay on the safe end. I'm 34 years old and I've only owned 5 vehicles in my entire life, and three of those were between ages 16 and 22. Says a lot about the American truck industry, really, I've been driving a pair of American pickups for the last 13 years. Is that weird though? I know a lot of people who go through vehicles like water.
Trucks must be the exception, no? Ford trucks seem to last about 55 years.

View Postrinswun, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 2:10 PM, said:

i had a ridic awkward day today. at work i sit directly next to one of my good friend's girlfriend who i inadvertatenly got together by introducing them. anyways, she was off sick yesterday and i bumped into him and he told me he had ended the relationship (1 year) so she was taking a day off to think things through.whilst i think she's cool and all, i'm not great friends with her but we chat at work as you do when you sit next too someone. anyways, she turns up today and i get the cold shoulder all day, and i literally didn't know what to say. i ended up doing the whole kinda 'soooooooo, what's up?' type thing to literally stone cold silence. not quite sure how this is my fault but the awkwardness is kinda funny.
Hi Ollie!I meant to quote something about guns. Our work is having a party for a director who is leaving. They decided it'd be fun to go paintballing. We work in the credit department of a bank - not exactly an athletic group. Oh, and this is an outdoor place, not one of those cheesy, easy indoor ones.I really have no interest in paintball, nor in playing with work people. I should also mention it is being held during work hours, so I can't just make up another commitment. How the hell am I going to get out of this? They invited people today, and require confirmation today, so I can't even do something loserly, like pretend to roll an ankle or something the day before.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#12 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

Man if I had to buy a gun it would be purely for recreation so it wouldn't be a pistol. It would either be this:Posted Imageor thisPosted Imageor maybe thisPosted Image
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#13 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:23 PM, said:

Trucks must be the exception, no? Ford trucks seem to last about 55 years.Hi Ollie!I meant to quote something about guns. Our work is having a party for a director who is leaving. They decided it'd be fun to go paintballing. We work in the credit department of a bank - not exactly an athletic group. Oh, and this is an outdoor place, not one of those cheesy, easy indoor ones.I really have no interest in paintball, nor in playing with work people. I should also mention it is being held during work hours, so I can't just make up another commitment. How the hell am I going to get out of this? They invited people today, and require confirmation today, so I can't even do something loserly, like pretend to roll an ankle or something the day before.
Show them your vagina!
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#14 ajs510

ajs510

    Resident Evil

  • Members
  • 24,912 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:18 PM, said:

I go through vehicles like water because I don't buy them, I lease. I like to drive and get bored driving the same car for more than 2 years. I will say that I have owned 2 "American" cars and both died on me early in life and I have had one German car that was fun as hell to drive but was in the shop for electrical issues all the time, and 4 Japanese cars (3 of which were built here in America by Americans unlike my Mexican made Canadian parted Buick) which lasted the life of their leases with no issues. So I will stick with Japanese for the time being until
Everything I've ever owned was an American car...a '78 Cadillac, an '85 Oldsmobile, a '93 Chevy Camaro, a '99 Chevy s-10, and an '06 Dodge Ram. I've never leased, but I'm strongly considering leasing my next car and keeping my truck once it's paid off. I want to get something fun but I'm having a hell of a time deciding what, because everything I really want (Nisssn GT, Aston-Martin, etc) is just way too expensive, even on a lease. Considering stuff like the Shelby GT-500, the new Camaro, some kind of cool BMW...I don't know. I like the idea of having a new toy to play with every couple of years, and I don't put miles on cars so I'm a really good candidate for leasing.

#15 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

View Postajs510, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:24 PM, said:

Everything I've ever owned was an American car...a '78 Cadillac, an '85 Oldsmobile, a '93 Chevy Camaro, a '99 Chevy s-10, and an '06 Dodge Ram. I've never leased, but I'm strongly considering leasing my next car and keeping my truck once it's paid off. I want to get something fun but I'm having a hell of a time deciding what, because everything I really want (Nisssn GT, Aston-Martin, etc) is just way too expensive, even on a lease. Considering stuff like the Shelby GT-500, the new Camaro, some kind of cool BMW...I don't know. I like the idea of having a new toy to play with every couple of years, and I don't put miles on cars so I'm a really good candidate for leasing.
How do you not get a new Camaro? You love car.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#16 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

    Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

  • Members
  • 32,657 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sudbury
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

Yesterday.I walked into a store.Other than the person working, I was the only one there.The person walked over and asked if there was something specific I was looking for and if they could help.This is what I said: "No thanks, I'm just looking."This is what I wanted to say: "Please, fuck off. I am not a moron. I will ask you for help if I want any. Thanks."
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#17 ajs510

ajs510

    Resident Evil

  • Members
  • 24,912 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

I like your choices Steve...my next purchase needs to be some kind of rifle. I have no real need for any more pistols (that doesn't mean I won't buy more...obviously) and I really have to stop buying shotguns, but I don't own a long-range target rifle or an assault rifle of any kind. That's next, as soon as I get Vegas off my credit card. <grin>

#18 SBriand

SBriand

    Viva La Beaver!

  • Members
  • 15,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birmingham, MI

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:25 PM, said:

Yesterday.I walked into a store.Other than the person working, I was the only one there.The person walked over and asked if there was something specific I was looking for and if they could help.This is what I said: "No thanks, I'm just looking."This is what I wanted to say: "Please, fuck off. I am not a moron. I will ask you for help if I want any. Thanks."
lol, My wife gets scared when we go to a department store and she sees someone coming over to ask us if we need anything because it annoys me to no freaking end. Say hello then leave me the hell alone. I am an adult, I have been in a store before, I know where to go if I am in need of assistance. Till then stay the eff away from me and tell all your fellow employees to do the same.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#19 ajs510

ajs510

    Resident Evil

  • Members
  • 24,912 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostSBriand, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:25 PM, said:

How do you not get a new Camaro? You love car.
Because everyone and their grandmother has one and there's nothing that really distinguishes the 2SS model that I would get from the 6-cylinder models. I like what Ford does with the Shelbys, there are enough differences in the styling that you can tell just by looking that the car isn't your average run of the mill 6-banger Mustang.

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:25 PM, said:

Yesterday.I walked into a store.Other than the person working, I was the only one there.The person walked over and asked if there was something specific I was looking for and if they could help.This is what I said: "No thanks, I'm just looking."This is what I wanted to say: "Please, fuck off. I am not a moron. I will ask you for help if I want any. Thanks."
They get yelled at if they don't approach people. They hate doing it as much as you hate having it done.

#20 Mercury69

Mercury69

    Half man! Half man!

  • Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pftph!
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

View Postajs510, on Thursday, July 7th, 2011, 1:17 PM, said:

I thought that too, until I picked one up and actually held it. I just do not like them at all. I've gone back many times and handled different models of Glock pistols and I just hate the way they feel. They're very polarizing...people who love them would never trust their life to anything else and people who hate them would never consider purchasing one.
Very good point, AJS. I guess deciding on a gun before I've had a chance to fire a few rounds out of a few different types is like trying to write a song after you've given it a name.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users