#41 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:emma's beauty

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 10:46 AM, said:

Clippers are on the record that they want Dwight Howard not CP3. Chris Paul is not going to the Knicks and you can blame the Heat and the new labor agreement. Unless, he decides to take way less money (not out of the realm of possibility unless he spends like Antoine Walker).
oh man, if the clippers got dwight howard that would be something. i'm assuming they wouldnt trade BFG (blake f'n griffin) to get him. howard and BFG together would be almost too much to handle.and i just cannot see CP3 leaving 40 million on the table to play with melo and stat in NYC. that is a huge amount of money.
QUOTE (SuitedAces21 @ Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brvhrt does suck. i think we all can agree on that.
QUOTE (brvheart @ Wednesday, May 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of suited's best posts in a long time.

#42 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM, said:

oh man, if the clippers got dwight howard that would be something. i'm assuming they wouldnt trade BFG (blake f'n griffin) to get him. howard and BFG together would be almost too much to handle.and i just cannot see CP3 leaving 40 million on the table to play with melo and stat in NYC. that is a huge amount of money.
ESPN has the clips saying anyone but Blake is on the table. Obv, any package would revolve around Eric Gordon and DeAndre Jordan. But they'd probably need a third team and they would have to give up multiple 1st round picks (they have Minnesota's for next draft plus their own).
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#43 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 8:15 AM, said:

the lakers are always an option for any superstar.
The Lakers have team options on Bynum and Odom next off-season for almost $25m. Bynum has $16.5m and Odom $8.2m. They'd have to not pick up those options to get down to $43m, which would leave them ~$15m to sign Paul (and like five other players to fill out the roster). I think it would have to be some sort of trade, but I don't know what the new rules are regarding trades with over the cap teams.New Jersey will have the cap space and the money and the new Brooklyn arena.The Clippers certainly have the cap space.Portland has $16m in Brandon Roy. They would probably amnesty him if it meant getting Chris Paul.

#44 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

View PostDread Aidan, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM, said:

The Lakers have team options on Bynum and Odom next off-season for almost $25m. Bynum has $16.5m and Odom $8.2m. They'd have to not pick up those options to get down to $43m, which would leave them ~$15m to sign Paul (and like five other players to fill out the roster). I think it would have to be some sort of trade, but I don't know what the new rules are regarding trades with over the cap teams.New Jersey will have the cap space and the money and the new Brooklyn arena.The Clippers certainly have the cap space.Portland has $16m in Brandon Roy. They would probably amnesty him if it meant getting Chris Paul.
yes i was assuming that for paul to go to the lakers he would be traded for bynum and other parts. also, i just looked at the lakers cap figures and i think you are incorrect about them getting down to 43 if they decline the options on bynum and odom. kobe and pau alone will make 46 million in the 2012-2013 season.the word came out the other day that brandon roy was for sure getting amnestied. but i saw some backtracking on that one this morning.

#45 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 9:12 AM, said:

the lakers need to wait until next summer and amnesty ron artest. clear his cap space just in case paul does hit the market. or just avoid the tax.
He has a player option next year. Maybe they can convince him not to pick it up for the sake of World Peace.

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 9:12 AM, said:

the word came out the other day that brandon roy was for sure getting amnestied. but i saw some backtracking on that one this morning.
He's one of those guys who could be a valuable contributor to somebody, but is no longer worth his contract because of his knees. Not sure where he would be a good fit. Chicago could use a shooting guard, but Roy is best when he has the ball in his hands a lot and you don't want to take it away from Rose. But maybe Roy can be a 6th man type and you can limit Rose's minutes. I don't know.Edit:@haralabob Haralabos Voulgarisif clips get either CP3 or Dwight I'll eat my shorts.

#46 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, November 28th, 2011, 8:54 AM, said:

I've read that the Heat's number one target at center is going to be Dalembert
Don't think they can afford him. The Kings will pay him more than what the Heat can offer.

View PostTheraflu, on 24 October 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Drinking alone makes being alone more awesome.

#47 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostThe Ocho, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 1:19 PM, said:

Don't think they can afford him. The Kings will pay him more than what the Heat can offer.
Yeah, but he might want to win, he might want to live in Miami (because he is from Haiti and has a place in SoFla already), and he might just not want to be in Sacramento anymore. If it's just about money, then Miami obv has no chance.Also, if you want to understand why small market teams have financial problems, sacramento giving Dalembert more than 5 mill/year is a good start. He's a mid-level exception salary talent at best.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#48 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 10:39 AM, said:

Yeah, but he might want to win, he might want to live in Miami (because he is from Haiti and has a place in SoFla already), and he might just not want to be in Sacramento anymore. If it's just about money, then Miami obv has no chance.Also, if you want to understand why small market teams have financial problems, sacramento giving Dalembert more than 5 mill/year is a good start. He's a mid-level exception salary talent at best.
Small market teams have the problem that they can't lure any good players to their teams and they have to overpay to get the players they can. If you want to build a contender, you have to get lucky in the draft (probably more than once) and make a couple shrewd trades. If OKC and San Antonio are the blueprints, good luck following that.

#49 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

i was reading something on ESPN about how the new CBA will affect (effect?) each team and there was talk about how if dwight howard is traded before Dec 31 he would be eligible for six month bird rights on an extension with his new team. they were thoerizing that could motivate orlando to trade him very soon as that would increase his value. assuming of course he tells them he wants out. which i think is a foregone conclusion at this point. sweet ass trade rumor on hoops hype is bynum going to milwaukee, bogut to orlando, and howard to the lakers. i'm sure other pieces would be necessary.

#50 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

Players who are released through the amnesty clause aren't immediately free to sign with any team they want. The first thing that happens is that all teams under the salary cap can submit claims for the player and the highest bidder gets him.If none of those teams claim the player, only then do they become free agents.This makes it less likely that players of any value actually make it onto contending teams like LA, Chicago, and Miami.

#51 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

View PostDread Aidan, on Thursday, December 1st, 2011, 3:51 PM, said:

Players who are released through the amnesty clause aren't immediately free to sign with any team they want. The first thing that happens is that all teams under the salary cap can submit claims for the player and the highest bidder gets him.If none of those teams claim the player, only then do they become free agents.This makes it less likely that players of any value actually make it onto contending teams like LA, Chicago, and Miami.
I love this. Add an extra element that should make things more interesting.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#52 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

Full schedule comes out December 6th.There will be five Christmas games instead of just three.

#53 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

oh man christmas day is going to be so sweet. start it off with the knicks and STAT. then we get d rose and kobe and if you're into a finals rematch and lebron you can watch that. then d howard and the durantula. and after all that sweetness, just when you think you cant take any more, they give you BFG and steph curry. oh man.

#54 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

View PostBillyPilgrim, on Friday, December 2nd, 2011, 11:54 AM, said:

oh man christmas day is going to be so sweet. start it off with the knicks and STAT. then we get d rose and kobe and if you're into a finals rematch and lebron you can watch that. then d howard and the durantula. and after all that sweetness, just when you think you cant take any more, they give you BFG and steph curry. oh man.
And now that Clippers night cap is even better! Is it Christmas yet???Hurry up Christmas!I agree with Stan Van Gundy (sans sarcasm):"I think the NBA is so important to Christmas that we really need to increase from five games to 10, and we need to start them at midnight on Christmas Eve and play them all through the day so there's not a minute of Christmas Day when there's not an NBA game on TV. Because it's great. The NBA is Christmas ... It's what it's all about."

#55 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

I'm actually pretty interested in the lottery/draft this year. Most years I don't care all that much. I think it's because most of the projected lottery picks are guys I actually saw play in the tournament this year. I think the New Jersey/Portland subplot is really interesting; so much on the line there. I always like it more when one of the teams that just missed the playoffs wins the lottery. One player rarely transforms a bottom-feeder to serious playoff team, but if a team like Houston, Portland, or Minnesota wins it, that really makes things interesting. I just want the draft order set, so the trade rumors and mock drafts can start in earnest.

#56 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I just want the Raptors to win the lottery in a year where it matters like this year.They won the year they drafted Camby but because of expansion rules they couldn't get the number 1 pick and take Iverson.Then they won and took Barney in a year without a clear cut number 1.Anthony Davis is going to be special I think.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#57 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

dan gilbert sucks a bag of hairy dicks and certainly doesn't deserve to win the lottery. but i gotta say, i'd really like to see kyrie irving and anthony davis together for the next ten years.

#58 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

If New Jersey Brooklyn wins the lottery, they have to trade it for Dwight, right? Getting Howard lets you keep Deron Williams and that's a better duo than anyone except Lebron/Wade. And if you're the Magic, you certainly make that deal too, so seems like both teams would be interested in making it happen. Phoenix and Sacramento winning the lottery would be interesting because they have good centers already. They're not going to pass on Davis because of Cousins or Gortat, but that would make them intriguing trade bait. Irving and Davis would be nice. So would Wall and Davis.

#59 The Ocho

The Ocho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Davis would be the perfect compliment to Cousins.

View PostTheraflu, on 24 October 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Drinking alone makes being alone more awesome.

#60 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Order by record:14. Houston13. Phoenix12. Milwaukee11. Portland10. New Orleans (via Minnesota)9. Detroit8. Toronto7. Golden State6. Portland (via Brooklyn)5. Sacramento4. New Orleans3. Cleveland2. Washington1. CharlotteLottery results:14. Houston13. Phoenix12. Milwaukee11. Portland10. New Orleans9. Detroit8. Toronto7. Golden State6. Portland5. Sacramento4. Cleveland (means that New Orleans moved up, start your conspiracy theories)Aaaaand commercial now plus Davis interview coming up. Gay.3.2.1.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users