• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#21 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,489 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

If the site gets in the way of his podcasting, I'm against it.

#22 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,091 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

View PostGWCGWC, on Friday, June 10th, 2011, 2:00 PM, said:

If the site gets in the way of his podcasting, I'm against it.
Podcasting is going to be a major component of the site... so it won't.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#23 Voldemort

Voldemort

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,229 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Owning Souls

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

The Self Aware NBA

#24 Voldemort

Voldemort

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,229 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Owning Souls

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

Alec Baldwin's Twitter

#25 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 24,069 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

Reading that Alec Baldwin article, it struck me how perfect David Foster Wallace would have been for this site. I can't help but think the foot notes ( side notes? end notes?) are directly influenced by him, and in general the intellectual pop cultural and sports commentary that the site is going for would have been perfect for DFW. I can't help but think he would have been a columnist for Grantland, had he lived.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#26 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

Simmons killed it w the Lebron stuff.

#27 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:16 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 5:49 AM, said:

Simmons killed it w the Lebron stuff.
Meh, he lost the rails at the end. Why on earth would miami trade bosh if they lose in the finals? He claims he would make a good GM but that's the dumbest idea ever.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#28 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,600 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 8:16 AM, said:

Meh, he lost the rails at the end. Why on earth would miami trade bosh if they lose in the finals? He claims he would make a good GM but that's the dumbest idea ever.
I don't buy his reason for trading Bosh is that they need a scapegoat but trading Bosh win or lose for Miami has to be something they look at seriously.Using max money on a 3rd wheel under the current system isn't a wise use of money. Under the new CBA it might be crippling.The problem is that Bosh might not be tradeable except for other overpaid players and that doesn't help Miami.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#29 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 9:18 AM, said:

I don't buy his reason for trading Bosh is that they need a scapegoat but trading Bosh win or lose for Miami has to be something they look at seriously.
I'm sorry they put together this group and the first year they made the Finals. If they seriously consider trading any of the big 3 after one year that has been mostly a success (and possibly a complete success), then they are completely insane.Also, I know you are biased but Bosh has tons of trade value (not that they should even consider it). He's in his prime and has had a very good playoffs.

#30 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,600 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 9:21 AM, said:

I'm sorry they put together this group and the first year they made the Finals. If they seriously consider trading any of the big 3 after one year that has been mostly a success (and possibly a complete success), then they are completely insane.Also, I know you are biased but Bosh has tons of trade value (not that they should even consider it). He's in his prime and has had a very good playoffs.
You're totally ignoring the fact that there is going to be a new CBA that is going to restrict things financially. I think it's entirely possible that they will be forced to move his contract under the new CBA.A forward looking GM has to consider all options. Paying a 3rd wheel max money is not the best use of resources. If they can flip Bosh for something more useful that is cheaper they have to consider it. Wade and LeBron are the reason they are a championship team and every year they should consider what is the best use of the other spots on the roster and the other money they have available.Bosh has had an up and down playoffs that pretty much show him for what he is. A good but not great player. NBA teams who pay good players max money are making mistakes. Miami has a Big 2, just because Bosh is paid the same as them don't confuse him for being in the same class as Wade or Lebron.
Bob

#31 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 9:32 AM, said:

You're totally ignoring the fact that there is going to be a new CBA that is going to restrict things financially. I think it's entirely possible that they will be forced to move his contract under the new CBA.A forward looking GM has to consider all options. Paying a 3rd wheel max money is not the best use of resources. If they can flip Bosh for something more useful that is cheaper they have to consider it. Wade and LeBron are the reason they are a championship team and every year they should consider what is the best use of the other spots on the roster and the other money they have available.Bosh has had an up and down playoffs that pretty much show him for what he is. A good but not great player. NBA teams who pay good players max money are making mistakes. Miami has a Big 2, just because Bosh is paid the same as them don't confuse him for being in the same class as Wade or Lebron.
but just because he is not in Wade and Lebron's class....don't confuse him for being anything less than a legit all-star. They shouldn't consider it unless the new CBA forces them to do so. You don't break up a team that just made the Finals if all their key guys are in their prime unless you have no other choice. I don't find that less sentence to be even debatable.

#32 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 6:35 AM, said:

but just because he is not in Wade and Lebron's class....don't confuse him for being anything less than a legit all-star. They shouldn't consider it unless the new CBA forces them to do so. You don't break up a team that just made the Finals if all their key guys are in their prime unless you have no other choice. I don't find that less sentence to be even debatable.
Id trade lebron for dwight howard.

#33 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,600 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 9:35 AM, said:

The team is Wade and Lebron and the GM has to make the best use of the other resources.Almost every player who is paid Bosh's money is overpaid. There are only a handful of players in the NBA who should be paid max money.http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htmThere might not be a Bosh trade out there for Miami to make that is better than them having Bosh on their roster since he is overpaid but to dismiss considering it out of hand if they can improve their depth is just dumb. Simmons suggested Scola and Lowry for Bosh. If Houston was ever stupid enough to offer something like that The Heat would be insane to not jump at it.
Bob

#34 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 9:43 AM, said:

Id trade lebron for dwight howard.
I'd think about it but that's not really realistic.I would not trade Bosh for Scola and Lowry. I don't trust Kyle Lowry that much yet. I'd only do it if they hit a home run. Bosh, Chalmers and Joel Anthony for Steve Nash and Marcin Gortat works under the cap. That I would do. But it would take something overwhelming like that.

#35 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:16 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 6:49 AM, said:

I'd think about it but that's not really realistic.I would not trade Bosh for Scola and Lowry. I don't trust Kyle Lowry that much yet. I'd only do it if they hit a home run. Bosh, Chalmers and Joel Anthony for Steve Nash and Marcin Gortat works under the cap. That I would do. But it would take something overwhelming like that.
Dirty pants!

#36 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,091 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 8:49 AM, said:

You would trade an all-star in his young prime for a 40 year old?
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#37 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 11:17 AM, said:

You would trade an all-star in his young prime for a 40 year old?
I think Nash has 3 years left and I think a team of Nash/Wade/Lebron/Haslem/Gortat (with whatever bench veterans and castoffs they pick up) would be absolutely unbeatable. No way a team with Nash at PG messes up the end of games as badly as the Heat have at times.It's not like this is going to happen though and I really don't want the Heat to trade Bosh.Also, Gortat is much better than you think. Him starting with Joel off the bench is a monster upgrade at the 5.

#38 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 7:23 AM, said:

I think Nash has 3 years left and I think a team of Nash/Wade/Lebron/Haslem/Gortat (with whatever bench veterans and castoffs they pick up) would be absolutely unbeatable. No way a team with Nash at PG messes up the end of games as badly as the Heat have at times.
Yeah, but Nash would have to be pretty much irrelevant for most of the game. Lebron and Wade create, they don't want to be turned into jump shooters set up by Nash's penetration.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#39 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM, said:

Yeah, but Nash would have to be pretty much irrelevant for most of the game. Lebron and Wade create, they don't want to be turned into jump shooters set up by Nash's penetration.
Yeah but Nash is a great 3pt shooter so he would be very relevant no matter who has the ball. And think of the back cuts and the alley oops. Nash has always made everyone on his teams better; how would that not extend to lebron and wade.

#40 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

Nash w Wade and Lebron win every title theyre together, and the 2nd funnest team to watch ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users