• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#141 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,145 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

View PostCindyLou, on Thursday, September 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM, said:

I don't know what you're questioning.
Do they seriously wear different uniforms for every single game? Even new helmet design? I'm kind-of confused, because that doesn't seem possible. How long has that been happening and how long will it continue?
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#142 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

I learned about this through Grantland.

#143 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Thursday, September 1st, 2011, 10:46 AM, said:

Do they seriously wear different uniforms for every single game? Even new helmet design? I'm kind-of confused, because that doesn't seem possible. How long has that been happening and how long will it continue?
Last yearIt's not 12 different jerseys and 12 different pants and 12 different helmets. It's a handful of each that they wear in different combinations.

#144 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

This is the sort of thing that Grantland does well.

#145 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,145 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

It's sad that George Kimball died before the interview. Side-note: I don't really understand turning an interview like that down. I honestly don't care if it's a local paper, I'm going to do an interview if I'm just lying in my bed. Unless I'm screaming in pain constantly or something weird like that, I'm going to do the interview. I would fully understand a -- no pictures -- request or something like that... but no interview? That doesn't make sense. He was conscious enough to say, "use my book", why not more?
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#146 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,145 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Today's Simmon's article was great. I love it when he heavily talks movies. This was my favorite part:"Damn, we could have just turned this into an All-Hanks mailbag. I can't believe how many dog lovers emailed me about this mistake. In general, I can't believe how many dog lovers are out there: In 10-plus years writing for Grantland and ESPN.com, the most-read column I ever wrote wasn't about sports, but about the Dooze, my beloved golden retriever who passed away in 2009. Even 2 ˝ years later, I still get emails asking me how Rufus (our other dog) is doing.6 I'm amazed that a 2012 presidential candidate hasn't taken advantage of that, filmed a series of dog-loving commercials and pushed for things like "more dog beaches" and "better veterinarian health care benefits" as part of their platform. Dog lovers are totally irrational. I include myself. If Obama wants to improve his approval rating, he should rescue a mutt every six weeks and keep, like, 10 or 12 dogs in the White House — he'd have dog-lover voters saying, "Even if I'm let down by the last four years, I gotta be honest … it was pretty neat how Obama kept rescuing those dogs."Dog owners are to rational like female Asian's are to driving.ps. In his picks column this week he says, "Since he's back for this week, I'm laying the seven more because I dislike the more Giants than because I like the Eagles. " Am I reading this wrongly, or is this just the 10,000,000th example that they don't actually have editors at Grantland?

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#147 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

I thought this was interesting:Origin of the 7-game series.Also interesting is that apparently moving from 7 games to 5 games or 9 games would only change the probability that a particular team would win by about 1.5%. So the idea that the underdog has a better chance in a short series is just barely true. To determine the better team with 95 percent statistical accuracy, according to John J. Kinney's A Probability and Statistics Companion, would require a 257-game series.

#148 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,491 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

I actually stopped fast forwarding a playback of a NFL game yesterday to watch a grantland commercial. It won't make me read the articles but that was a damned fine advertisement.

#149 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Bill James is writing for Grantland now."You can get an objective answer to any question if you can accept the fact that somebody else may have a different objective answer that's just as good as yours. Those of you who wish to point out that I don't quite understand the definition of "objective" are now instructed to leave the room.""My list of the 100 best pitchers' duels of 2011 is better than your list, for one reason and one reason only.You don't have any list."

#150 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,300 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

I don't like the new layout.
Marital Aids.

#151 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostTheraflu, on Friday, January 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM, said:

I don't like the new layout.
I hate it. It went from kind of boutique looking to random shitty blog.Excited to read the Bill James article.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#152 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:28 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Saturday, January 21st, 2012, 7:51 PM, said:

Excited to read the Bill James article.
It's not a great read, just him compiling lots of shit and writing a sentence or two about each thing.
Marital Aids.

#153 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, layout sucks and that Bill James thing wasn't even an article.This, however, was highly entertaining.

#154 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,145 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Monday, January 23rd, 2012, 3:09 PM, said:

Yeah, layout sucks and that Bill James thing wasn't even an article.This, however, was highly entertaining.
I hated that article, because it just reminded me of my terrible, in every possible way, day yesterday.****ing Giants and Patriots. Seriously?

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#155 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Monday, January 23rd, 2012, 4:09 PM, said:

That was kind of fun (made somewhat more fun because it brought Brvhrt down at least a little), but also somewhat insufferable. Kind of like sitting next to a really loud table of overopinionated guys who get paid to write whatever passes for a thought, however half-baked. If I was one of the guys, though, that would be cool.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#156 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

There's a better chance of people paying you not to share your opinions.
Marital Aids.

#157 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Monday, January 23rd, 2012, 5:24 PM, said:

Another jewel of a turd from the keyboard of Theraflu.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#158 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,145 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Monday, January 23rd, 2012, 4:24 PM, said:

No comment.

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#159 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

i just found out hua hsu writes for grantland now, which is funny because he actually knows stuff about music unlike the rest of the chowderheads on that site who occasionally try to write about music aka klosterman. why or how this came to be i have no clue. maybe simmons is a closet hip hop head who subscribes to the wire?

#160 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

pure brody

• Members
  • 21,175 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

http://www.grantland...w-can-melt-miceit's a few weeks old, but i just saw it. and as a man who drinks way to much soda, i can appreciate the humour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users