62 replies to this topic

#1 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

Posted ImageCows play poker with cow chipsHEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $2.00/$4.00 - 7 playersUTG: $134.00 UTG+1: $354.00 HJ: $844.85 CO: $1,017.10 (Hero)Button: $1,240.10 SB: $378.25 BB: $332.50 Preflop: ($6.00) Hero is CO with :5c :3h (7 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $12.00, Button raises to $32.00, SB folds, BB calls $28.00, Hero calls $20.00Flop: ($98.00) :4h :ts :club: (3 players)BB checks, Hero ?Button is new to Bodog, so don't have too much history with him. He's got a 3bet of 3.3% over 148 hands. This is the third time he'd done this smallish 3bet on me in position. I'd folded the other times (I believe on the flop). He won a big pot against a reg earlier with 22 against 44 on a 42xx2 board. He also slowplayed the nut flush a bit when he flatted A8s in LP against an MP raise, flatted a small donk with the flush draw, hit the turn and smooth called, and then 1/3 potted river. BB is a super donk. Oh, and I guess I might look kind of LAGgy for what it's worth as I recently went on a decent heater.

#2 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

gahhhhh, i'm tornit seems like we don't have a read on buttons play in multiway 3b pots so I would say that the standard villain will play rather straight forward, we cool with that assumption?If we bet, we get value from the super donk, and we ensure some money goes in on the flop, which is a positive as the board is suuuuuuper coordinatedBy checking, we might get a bet if villain takes a stab with air. And if he does have teh KK or JJ, he'll check back and we can pot control deep oop ;)And then we can turn a set into a bluff when the Qd hits, and make him fold KKI'm really unsure here, but I'll keep thinking...I'm going to say lead >>>> check but reserve the right to change my vote
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#3 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

i would assume a new guy to bodog playing in 2-4 is prob a reg from another site and 2-4 is generally aggro for the most part ( and plenty of his 3 bets are probably smacking this board) that i still prefer to check. I mean what are we opening, calling, and leading multiway?
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#4 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

View PostKingJames, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 6:32 PM, said:

it seems like we don't have a read on buttons play in multiway 3b pots so I would say that the standard villain will play rather straight forward, we cool with that assumption?
Probably.If we lead, what are we doing facing a button raise? (BB would probably fold...but could also flat or shove.)

View Postrrumsey, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 9:59 PM, said:

I mean what are we opening, calling, and leading multiway?
If anything, probably KJ, sets, and big draws.

#5 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 8:05 PM, said:

Probably.If we lead, what are we doing facing a button raise? (BB would probably fold...but could also flat or shove.)If anything, probably KJ, sets, and big draws.
Wouldnt people expect that more from c/ring? imo c/ring seems more balanced to me but idk
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#6 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 9:05 PM, said:

If we lead, what are we doing facing a button raise? (BB would probably fold...but could also flat or shove.)
cryingif he only gets it in with combo draws, AKdd, AA, KK and JJ, we're a flip, so weeeee variance

Hold'em Simulation ? 15,840 trials (Exhaustive)board: Ks8dJdHand Equity Wins Ties8c8h 50.85% 8,054 0AA,KK,JJ,AdKd,AdQd,QdTd,KdQd 49.15% 7,786 0
if we remove AA, we're a pretty big dog

Hold'em Simulation ? 9,900 trials (Exhaustive)board: Ks8dJdHand Equity Wins Ties8c8h 28.90% 2,861 0KK,JJ,AdKd,AdQd,QdTd,KdQd 71.10% 7,039 0
So does he have the KQdd and QTdd type hands, does he stack off 250 with AA? big questions itt

#7 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

prob should add a few KJ combos... although KJ is a trrbl hand to 3b that deep, rio and such blah blah

#8 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

View PostKingJames, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 11:52 PM, said:

prob should add a few KJ combos... although KJ is a trrbl hand to 3b that deep, rio and such blah blah
In position, it's not so bad to 3-bet.Also, I don't know if he'd stack off with AA, though I would expect him to continue at least a street if he holds AA/AK with the Ad.

#9 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM, said:

In position, it's not so bad to 3-bet.Also, I don't know if he'd stack off with AA, though I would expect him to continue at least a street if he holds AA/AK with the Ad.
alright, so you lead??? and then what?

#10 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:27 PM

View PostKingJames, on Friday, May 27th, 2011, 1:33 AM, said:

alright, so you lead??? and then what?
Unfortunately, I acted too quickly and did not lead. In contrast to what I think is the best option now, I checked.Posted ImageCows play poker with cow chipsHEM/Bodog NL Hold'em $2.00/$4.00 - 7 playersUTG: $134.00 UTG+1: $354.00 HJ: $844.85 CO: $1,017.10 (Hero)Button: $1,240.10 SB: $378.25 BB: $332.50 Preflop: ($6.00) Hero is CO with :5c :3h (7 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $12.00, Button raises to $32.00, SB folds, BB calls $28.00, Hero calls $20.00Flop: ($98.00) :4h :ts :club: (3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $72.00, BB calls $72.00, Hero ?

#11 QED

QED

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:FR Rush cash

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

Probably raise and hope they think you have a draw?

#12 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

View PostQED, on Friday, May 27th, 2011, 7:35 AM, said:

Probably raise and hope they think you have a draw?
So you're happy to get in 250bb with the third nuts then?

#13 QED

QED

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:FR Rush cash

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

Whoops, didn't notice we were deep.Is a small raise an option instead then?

#14 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

Don't fold anything to me and profit

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Friday, May 27th, 2011, 8:05 AM, said:

Yes.Since it's a 3bet pot, it's like stacking 100BB in a raised pot
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire

QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.

QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#15 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Friday, May 27th, 2011, 1:17 PM, said:

Yes.Since it's a 3bet pot, it's like stacking 100BB in a raised pot
Just for the sake of argument...I think this is the range of hands that button will give us decent action with facing raises...equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 41.671% 41.48% 00.19% 31249459 145877.00 { 8c8h }Hand 1: 58.329% 58.14% 00.19% 43800163 145877.00 { AcAd, AdAh, AdAs, KK, JJ, AdKd, AdQd, AdTd, KdQd, KJs, KdTd, QdTd, Td9d, AcKd, AdKc, AdKh, AdKs, AhKd, AsKd, KJo }

#16 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

Don't fold anything to me and profit

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

That range is fairly problematic, but with dead money and generated uncontested wins a check-shove is still fairly profitable.What turns are we going to have to make tough folds on? What turns are going to kill our action? Besides cards 8 and under non-diamond is there a good turn (leaving only 22 good turns)?Do we donk shove good turns? Do we check hoping one of the other two will ship with worse after our scary overcall and risk free cards?I personally ship because the number of turn cards that make our hand impossible to play correctly is simply too high, and I am not confident that we can play in a +EV manner after flatting.
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire

QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.

QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#17 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Friday, May 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM, said:

Not only third nuts, but we have also have to fade draws IF we are ahead. Still. I'm never folding, never flatting. Our hand has too much value. Raise to $250?
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#18 BaseJester

BaseJester

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,109 posts
  • Interests:Juggling. Ventriloquism. Story-telling.
  • Favorite Poker Game:The quintain

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Friday, May 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM, said:

I would be. This seems like a no-brainer to me, but maybe that's why you're more successful.
If everybody is thinking the same thing, then somebody isn't thinking.
- General George Patton

#19 trystero

trystero

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

We get it all in on the flop we're against jj/kkI know you don't have them but reads really really help.

#20 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

The Outlier

• Members
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

I actually think that donking the flop is the best way to go, though I'm torn between a donk/call and donk/3bet. That said, in the hand, I just called and then started regretting it based on stacks. The turn was the :club:: and checked through (button took a really long time to check), I bet SB's $230 remaining on the :ts: river (with plans to fold to a button raise). Both villains thought for a while and folded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users