62 replies to this topic

#61 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM, said:

I'd be quite willing to get it in on T87dd since his chance of 3-betting J9 isn't that great (and we can outdraw it). If it's all of one suit, that's perfectly fine...because he'll be more apt to stack with AA/KK with the flush draw. As for straight boards, it's going to be difficult for him to have a straight on a board where we make a set.
Another problem with the hand, and I need to go back and re-read the whole post again, but we are assigning a tight image to a player we have only 148 hands on, and he's only 3bet us when in position. "Button is new to Bodog, so don't have too much history with him. He's got a 3bet of 3.3% over 148 hands. This is the third time he'd done this smallish 3bet on me in position."Maybe I don't know, but it seems like a really small sample, and it seems like he could be making position raises on us (esp. if our image is loose), or he's trying to isolate the fish, too. There are a TON of reasons to love our 888 hand on the flop. I understand we're deep. But that's also an opportunity for us.
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#62 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

Post-Apocalyptic Wanderer

• Members
  • 9,623 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

View Postmtdesmoines, on Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 3:14 PM, said:

There are a TON of reasons to love our 888 hand on the flop. I understand we're deep. But that's also an opportunity for us.
It's not a matter of not "loving" our hand. I mean, I do love it in the sense that I think I have the best hand gobs and gobs. That said, do I love it if all of the money goes in on the flop at this level? Probably not as much.
Seals With Clubs - Bitcoin Poker Room - Easy and Fast Deposits and Cashouts (Open to US)
https://sealswithclu...aff.php?aff=182

#63 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Wednesday, June 8th, 2011, 5:26 PM, said:

It's not a matter of not "loving" our hand. I mean, I do love it in the sense that I think I have the best hand gobs and gobs. That said, do I love it if all of the money goes in on the flop at this level? Probably not as much.
That's why I said we raise to $250. That leaves about $700 behind. All this discussion about a shove is kind of silly because it's so far above a PSB that it's a ridiculous notion that we can get it in anyway. If we get shoved over the top by the nit, (which I'm not convinced we have enough info to say he's a nit in the first place), then we can think. But we have a fish and a weak PF isolation raise.
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users