22 replies to this topic

#21 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Tuesday, May 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM, said:

Here's a live hand from a couple of weeks ago. (I may've discussed it with some of you previously.)Hard Rock Tampa 2/5 NLHE (10-handed)UTG $450UTG+1 $500MP1 $400MP2 $350MP3 $400HJ $650CO $500Cobalt $720SB $400BB $350Cobalt Mississippi Straddles the Button with :4h: :ts:. Game is quite loose and players are generally pretty bad. UTG is capable of some moves. UTG+1 is a young-ish chick that seems sort of competent despite initially buying in for $200. We clashed in an early pot where she limped pre in early, checked an 875r flop, c/ced a 6 turn, and then CRAI a river 9 (no flush possible) and I had to fold. Nothing too specific in the way of reads yet.Pre-flop:SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, 1 fold, Cobalt checksFlop ($67): :jh :5c :3h (6 players)UTG bets $15, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Cobalt callsTurn ($142): :qh (6 players)UTG bets $65, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Cobalt callsRiver ($402): :club: (4 players)UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $150, 1 fold, Cobalt ?On the turn, the chick made a quick show of "Really?" to the $65 bet. She bets large chips on the river and basically stared quietly at the felt.Thoughts? Comments on all streets welcome.
Mash of random thoughts follows: This should always be a call in a straightforward game. Another 2 is always calling a raise and we're chopping or (rarely unless it's suited A2) dominated there. We might drag UTG along into the pot if we flat. A lot of A's are calling here -- and I think we can find a suited Ace-rag flush draw that limped in a lot. I don't know that someone limps UTG+1 with a 2 unless it's like ours -- a suited connector. If anything that's connected to a 2 does find its way into this pot, we chop now, so we want more callers to make the chop bigger. IMO. Cliffs: never folding and no value in raising.
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#22 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

View Postrrumsey, on Thursday, May 19th, 2011, 12:54 AM, said:

I'm raising the flop for value but also nc it gives our hand a chance to have draws that we can bluff with and induce more calls bc we have some weak hands in I mean if we kinda project out our plan the turn can be a massive cluster f*ck this multi way and there are loads of cards that kills our actionAnd sorry for any weird misspells I'm on my phone
There are so many people in this pot and we're so far ahead of the field that I don't like raising. Let a worse hand raise. or better yet, let 87 catch an 8 on the turn. Or A7.
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#23 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

View PostDanege, on Thursday, May 19th, 2011, 8:12 PM, said:

If they're not taking deposits, shouldn't he be worried that he doesn't have enough on there?
^well UB stopped taking money and then ended up broke. i kinda see the same coming with the smaller US sites now bc either all the regs will win the money or they will just go bankrupt bc the games will get a lot harder and no rec players will have $ left to loseto mt- i mean that would be ideal, but 2-5 plays so weak i def think plenty of worse hands are calling, so im more inclined to get chips in the middle before scare cards come
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users