497 replies to this topic

#41 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 12:33 AM, said:

Can't decide if you are Patrick Bateman or Dexter.
bigD would say i'm more pat bateman.

View Posttimwakefield, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 12:33 AM, said:

You still obviously haven't watched the President's speech. He in fact explicitly said, "We are not at war with Islam."
vb is of course right. as he always is. president obama cannot say we are at war with islam. it would be political suicide to condemn any religion. sadly, that seems unlikely to change anytime soon.
Spoiler

#42 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

kinda ironic I was watching "Unthinkable" when Osama's death was announced. Anyhow, im with SA21 on this one.

#43 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

who the hell is that man in your signature? sweet jesus that's a horseface.
Spoiler

#44 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, May 1st, 2011, 10:05 PM, said:

suck a bag of dicks

#45 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,806 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

a little sensitive arent we? it's cool if you're into trannys. you're not alone. i think dirty dutch is too. bigdmcgee also likes that freaky shit.
Spoiler

#46 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, May 1st, 2011, 11:05 PM, said:

It's the little girl from "The Nanny" all growns up.I agree she was way hotter when she was on The Nanny.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#47 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

she's really hot on "Californication"

#48 jmkiser

jmkiser

The best revenge is massive success.

• Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#49 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,265 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Sunday, May 1st, 2011, 10:54 PM, said:

God I can't wait for the story to come out about how we got him.
It started with a courier's name.Senior White House officials said early Monday that the trail that led to Osama bin Laden began before 9/11, before the terror attacks that brought bin Laden to prominence. The trail warmed up last fall, when it discovered an elaborate compound in Pakistan."From the time that we first recognized bin Laden as a threat, the U.S. gathered information on people in bin Laden's circle, including his personal couriers," a senior official in the Obama administration said in a background briefing from the White House.After the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, "detainees gave us information on couriers. One courier in particular had our constant attention. Detainees gave us his nom de guerre, his pseudonym, and also identified this man as one of the few couriers trusted by bin Laden."In 2007, the U.S. learned the man's name.In 2009, "we identified areas in Pakistan where the courier and his brother operated. They were very careful, reinforcing belief we were on the right track."In August 2010, "we found their home in Abbottabad," not in a cave, not right along the Afghanistan border, but in an affluent suburb less than 40 miles from the capital."When we saw the compound, we were shocked by what we saw: an extraordinarily unique compound."The plot of land was roughly eight times larger than the other homes in the area. It was built in 2005 on the outskirts of town, but now some other homes are nearby."Physical security is extraordinary: 12 to 18 foot walls, walled areas, restricted access by two security gates." The residents burn their trash, unlike their neighbors. There are no windows facing the road. One part of the compound has its own seven-foot privacy wall.And unusual for a multi-million-dollar home: It has no telephone or Internet service.This home, U.S. intelligence analysts concluded, was "custom built to hide someone of significance."Besides the two brothers, the U.S. "soon learned that a third family lived there, whose size and makeup of family we believed to match those we believed would be with bin Laden. Our best information was that bin Laden was there with his youngest wife."There was no proof, but everything seemed to fit: the security, the background of the couriers, the design of the compound."Our analysts looked at this from every angle. No other candidate fit the bill as well as bin Laden did," an official said."The bottom line of our collection and analysis was that we had high confidence that the compound held a high-value terrorist target. There was a strong probability that it was bin Laden."That conclusion was reached in mid-February, officials said. Beginning in mid-March, the president led five National Security Council meetings on the plans for an operation.On Friday, the president gave the order.This information was shared "with no other country," an official said. "Only a very small group of people inside our own government knew of this operation in advance."The raidThe operation Sunday went smoothly except for a mechanical problem with a U.S. helicopter, which was lost, the senior officials said. No U.S. personnel died. All were able to leave on other helicopters. the officials would not name the type of helicopter, or the military units involved, or say how many U.S. personnel participated."Ths operation was a surgical raid by a small team designed to minimize collateral damage. Our team was on the compound for under 40 minutes and did not encounter any local authorities."Bin Laden himself participated in the firefight, the officials suggested."Bin laden was killed in a firefight as our operators came onto the compound," an official said.Did he fire.....More at link below..........MSNBC RULES!

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#50 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image

#51 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

I'm a little surprised that he was already buried at sea - we must have images of his dead body that we're planning to release as proof, right? Obviously he was identified by DNA, but I would think that we'd wanna make it very clear to the public and the rest of the world that this ain't no joke.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#52 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,634 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 1:09 AM, said:

a little sensitive arent we? it's cool if you're into trannys. you're not alone. i think dirty dutch is too. bigdmcgee also likes that freaky shit.
Naw, I like curvy, beautiful feminine women.. like her..Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#53 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,265 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 3:10 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised that he was already buried at sea - we must have images of his dead body that we're planning to release as proof, right? Obviously he was identified by DNA, but I would think that we'd wanna make it very clear to the public and the rest of the world that this ain't no joke.
http://pikchur.com/Af0J

#54 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

Posted ImageThe reviews LOLhttp://maps.google.c...e...=17&iwloc=APosted Image

#55 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 5:22 AM, said:

Already debunked by somebody in the comments.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?

#56 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

according to multiple news networks - these are fakes and the US govt has not released photos

#57 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:37 AM

Man unknowingly liveblogs Bin Laden operation

#58 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 8:37 AM, said:

That's awesome.But, so much of this makes no sense to me. The google maps think summarizes it pretty well. This guy was living in a suburb 35 km outside of the capital. It's hard to believe that people in Pakistan didn't know about this, or at least that there was a very odd, mysterious compound that they could have tipped us off to.In any event, good riddance, OBL.

#59 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 1:29 AM, said:

this whole thing makes me feel nothing. i dont feel satisfaction and i dont feel pride. i dont see the world as a better place. i dont understand why people are gathering in the streets to celebrate. perhaps thats because there is something wrong with me. i dont know. one man is dead. this man was responsible for the death of thousands of americans. good, he deserved to die. now on to the realization that this "war on terror" isnt a war against one man, it's a war against islam. a war against irrational religious nonsense. but then i watch a presidential speech and i see our president asking god to bless america, and i know that nearly every person in this country will never admit that. so i feel nothing.
Well, first of all, Osama wasn't living in a cave, he was living in a house, and it's very possible that he had a higher level of communication and control over parts of Al Quaeda than many believed. In addition, some believe that taking him out may lead to an internal struggle within Al Quaeda which could cause it to fraction further and may lead to it breaking down. And, of course, Osama was a symbolic leader whose very image was a powerful recruiting tool for terrorism, and war against terrorism is often fought with symbols.That's from the practical side. From an emotional side, his death is a closure for many who have had a lingering feeling of being unsatisfied for the past decade. This may include the families of those who lost their lives in 911, policemen and firemen, and especially the soldiers who were wounded and the families of those who were killed in a war whose primary goal was, in many ways, to kill this man.So, yes, his death doesn't end terrorism. But it hurts it, and it makes a lot of people feel better.(These responses to your statement are supposed to come across as obvious, because they really are. Were you really not able to think of them, or are you just being purposely contrarian to show how cool you are?)

#60 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,621 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, 9:29 AM, said:

Well, first of all, Osama wasn't living in a cave, he was living in a house, and it's very possible that he had a higher level of communication and control over parts of Al Quaeda than many believed. In addition, some believe that taking him out may lead to an internal struggle within Al Quaeda which could cause it to fraction further and may lead to it breaking down. And, of course, Osama was a symbolic leader whose very image was a powerful recruiting tool for terrorism, and war against terrorism is often fought with symbols.That's from the practical side. From an emotional side, his death is a closure for many who have had a lingering feeling of being unsatisfied for the past decade. This may include the families of those who lost their lives in 911, policemen and firemen, and especially the soldiers who were wounded and the families of those who were killed in a war whose primary goal was, in many ways, to kill this man.So, yes, his death doesn't end terrorism. But it hurts it, and it makes a lot of people feel better.(These responses to your statement are supposed to come across as obvious, because they really are. Were you really not able to think of them, or are you just being purposely contrarian to show how cool you are?)
Or perhaps not everyone equates revenge with closure.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users