32 replies to this topic

#1 SweetDee

SweetDee

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Hold em

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

was just that. Actually, that's not true. I had fallen sleep watching "The Voice" off of my DVR and in my dream for some reason that girl Mya from the Lady Marmalade song was one one of the contestants, and in my head Carson Daly was announcing "International star Mya"... and I woke up to my alarm, news pops on my T.V. immediately, 200 plus dead in the South from Tornadoes. Then, my first thought was that God was/is pissed off.Really, if the same can be wondered about for the the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan, it bears wondering about in this example as well. Is God pissed off? I don't know, I can't say. I am not God. Now, one question I can answer is this: Is God pissed off at me? I suspect yes. What am I going to do about it? I don't know. Maybe something. Maybe nothing. Then I ask myself, how many out there are like me? In between, non-committal? Looking at the current religious landscape as it were I would venture that most are exactly like me and that's not good. Or, it could just be that warm moist air from lower levels moves up to meet cool dry air, however, that was not my first thought. My second thought? It's all that guy from works fault. He was tired and skipped Easter service. Nice going, Kyle. This shit is on you.
Don't you guys think that the puncher probably just mistook Snookers for a mean little goblin? Like, he was all drunk and it was dark and some goblin starts yelling at him, he was probably like, oh shit there's a monster in the club!, and then he just reacted without thinking and punched a bitch.- Tim Wakefield

#2 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

In 1054, Chinese and Arab astronomers simultaneously observed a great and sustained burst of light in the sky. They of course didn't know what it was, but records show that it was visible for about two years after its initial observation. Astronomers now know that this light was caused by a great supernova, the same supernova that caused the Crab Nebula. A star collapsed under its own gravitational weight, releasing more energy into space than the world has ever known.God must have been really angry at the Crab Nebula that day.

#3 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,748 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Thursday, April 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM, said:

In 1054, Chinese and Arab astronomers simultaneously observed a great and sustained burst of light in the sky. They of course didn't know what it was, but records show that it was visible for about two years after its initial observation. Astronomers now know that this light was caused by a great supernova, the same supernova that caused the Crab Nebula. A star collapsed under its own gravitational weight, releasing more energy into space than the world has ever known.God must have been really angry at the Crab Nebula that day.
Is that in the New Testament?
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#4 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

Mother Nature is the one pissed off right now. She is being quite a little bitch.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#5 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

I woke up to he news of the tornado and how bad the damage was, and then they said it was the worst recorded day since 1940 and I thought, I wonder how bad that day was.Pretty sure a democrat was in office during that tornado spree also.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#6 phlegm

phlegm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, April 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM, said:

I woke up to he news of the tornado and how bad the damage was, and then they said it was the worst recorded day since 1940 and I thought, I wonder how bad that day was.Pretty sure a democrat was in office during that tornado spree also.
Global warming.
I am not an alcoholic

I am a drunk

Alcoholics go to meetings

#7 SweetDee

SweetDee

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Hold em

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

Dropped 500 in a game last night. God is definitely mad at me.
Don't you guys think that the puncher probably just mistook Snookers for a mean little goblin? Like, he was all drunk and it was dark and some goblin starts yelling at him, he was probably like, oh shit there's a monster in the club!, and then he just reacted without thinking and punched a bitch.- Tim Wakefield

#8 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

• Members
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

View PostSweetDee, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM, said:

Dropped 500 in a game last night. God is definitely mad at me.
Last week I rolled two dice and the sum of the faces added up to 8. God must really be angry.

#9 Ouch-8s

Ouch-8s

It's not a flying tour group, Jerome

• Members
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 7:55 AM, said:

Last week I rolled two dice and the sum of the faces added up to 8. God must really be angry.
Have no fear, God loves you.
I'm retired.

#10 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

• Members
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

View PostOuch-8s, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM, said:

Have no fear, God loves you.
He damn well better: Last month I said to myself that I hoped good things would happen to good people. After that, I didn't eat certain types of animals. I'm practically a saint.

#11 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 8:07 AM, said:

He damn well better: Last month I said to myself that I hoped good things would happen to good people. After that, I didn't eat certain types of animals. I'm practically a saint.
You really need a robe.Preferably a course fabric one.Don't think you can sneak in with some terry cloth, that won't fly.

#12 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,748 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM, said:

Long Live LongLiveYorke is going to be a very awkward chant. We may need a good melody.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#13 custom36

custom36

FCP Veteran, Politico

• Members
  • 16,157 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 9:52 AM, said:

You really need a robe.Preferably a course fabric one.Don't think you can sneak in with some terry cloth, that won't fly.
Hemp?

#14 ezelisko

ezelisko

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Hold'em

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, April 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM, said:

Pretty sure a democrat was in office during that tornado spree also.
Couldn't resist, huh?

#15 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

View Postcustom36, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM, said:

Hemp?
Only with the proper doctor's prescription in California.

View Postezelisko, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM, said:

Couldn't resist, huh?
I never miss an opportunity to show how democrats are Very Mean Men and going to leave this country Zapped because they are at their roots communist.Nor do I ever pass up a reference to any movie starring Scott Baio if I can.

#16 ezelisko

ezelisko

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

If you wouldn't have taken that shot, I guess I would have been suspicious of who you really were.

#17 ezelisko

ezelisko

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

If you wouldn't have taken that shot, I guess I would have been suspicious of who you really were.

#18 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

"They will know you by your fruits"

#19 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

"They will know you by your fruits"

#20 jmkiser

jmkiser

The best revenge is massive success.

• Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

Thor was pissed off that the Christians kept choosing the wrong god and decided to do something about it.
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users