90 replies to this topic

#81 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 6:59 AM, said:

I mean.... you understand that God was involved here, correct? It's not like anyone thinks that they just 'came to'.
Yes, I understand that. JLL was trying to present a scenario in which something like this could happen in the absence of supernatural intervention.

#82 Yoda

Yoda

FCP Superstars Champion, Jedi Master & Lesbian Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

The more I learn about the bible the goofier it all sounds. Can't believe how many people are brainwashed by this stuff.

[15:06] <Jan99> go J E T S

#83 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#84 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,329 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on Thursday, May 5th, 2011, 3:16 PM, said:

Posted Image
Please tell me this was made by a Christian group. Please? That would be beyond awesome if a Christian company was going out on a limb like that.Also, the Bible says that the 2nd most important commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself, so the Christians in the comic are wrong across the board. (just in case someone thought Randy's "theology" was accurate.)

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#85 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Thursday, May 5th, 2011, 2:22 PM, said:

Please tell me this was made by a Christian group. Please? That would be beyond awesome if a Christian company was going out on a limb like that.
Google Naked Pastor.I think he's your kind of guy. Spiritual, but critical of the church and religion. Here is one of his entries on his blog.Note: I've never heard of the guy until I started looking into him after your post.

#86 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Thursday, May 5th, 2011, 2:22 PM, said:

Please tell me this was made by a Christian group. Please? That would be beyond awesome if a Christian company was going out on a limb like that.Also, the Bible says that the 2nd most important commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself, so the Christians in the comic are wrong across the board. (just in case someone thought Randy's "theology" was accurate.)
I can't even put into words how stupid it is to defend the nasty absurdities of the OT by pointing to another passage that says something about Yahweh being loving.Stupid with a side order of lazy.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#87 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,329 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

View PostSpademan, on Thursday, May 5th, 2011, 4:42 PM, said:

I can't even put into words how stupid it is to defend the nasty absurdities of the OT by pointing to another passage that says something about Yahweh being loving.Stupid with a side order of lazy.
Are you just talking in general, or are you saying I did that?

#88 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,329 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Thursday, May 5th, 2011, 4:38 PM, said:

I think he's your kind of guy.
On the first buzz-through, I think you might be right. I've bookmarked him. Thanks.

#89 SweetDee

SweetDee

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Hold em

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Thursday, April 28th, 2011, 4:01 PM, said:

These guys weren't "buried alive", they were dead: "The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life."( anyways, how many holy people could have been accidentally buried alive within the last few days? then they all simultaneously came to? this is not getting more plausible... )
How many people were actually holy? Bible/Gods word seems pretty hard, man, so assuming it's true I am going to hypothesize that not all all that many were raised from the dead. Not to mention it says many, not all, further lessening the number. I just always figured that thrown in with the rest of the not so believable this just isn't all that big of a deal.
Don't you guys think that the puncher probably just mistook Snookers for a mean little goblin? Like, he was all drunk and it was dark and some goblin starts yelling at him, he was probably like, oh shit there's a monster in the club!, and then he just reacted without thinking and punched a bitch.- Tim Wakefield

#90 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

I've been following him (Naked Pastor) on and off for about 6 months. Some of it's pretty funny. He's a really reasonable guy that banters with the posters at Friendly Athiest alot as well.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#91 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Friday, April 29th, 2011, 9:59 AM, said:

I mean.... you understand that God was involved here, correct? It's not like anyone thinks that they just 'came to'.
Yeah God is pretty cool like in this quick 30 second video http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-13278255that shows how God orignally made us all fish. The article has some other good content on gonads and hiccups, pretty much a biologist dream combination I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users