Facing Cold 4 Bet In Position

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 meservery

meservery

I've climbed the stairway to maturity!

• Members
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, etc.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:17 AM

Posted ImageMilked from the teat of a feral cowPokerStars Pot Limit Omaha $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG+1: $21.90 CO: $25.00 Button: $39.96 (Hero)SB: $9.30 BB: $60.60 UTG: $7.23 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with :ts :club: :jh :5c (6 players)2 folds, CO calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, SB folds, BB raises to $3.65, CO folds, Hero calls $2.55Flop: ($7.65) :3h :4h :qh (2 players)BB bets $7.27, Hero raises to $29.08, BB raises to $50.89, Hero calls $7.23 and is all-inAnyone fold pre? Or play the flop differently?

#2 MNmiracleCJS

MNmiracleCJS

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE cash games, PLO

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:14 AM

I probably flat on the button here I think we aren't really all that connected with AJ95.As played If villain is in on monkey tilt I can get it in on this flop but I don't think he's folding his hand when he leads out here very often so I'd probably flat and hope for a 7 on the turn obviously we lose some of our flush draws value by flatting but I'd rather play a small pot with this hand. Just my two cents. Something else to consider (if we dont think villain is folding) is how deep you and villain are here we don't really want to play a 300BB pot with just a nut flush draw and a gutter to a non nut straight.
He's fancy he'll go glove ~ Gordon Bombay

I bet if that puck was a cheeseburger you'd stop it ~ Russ Tyler

2011 Minnesota Twins - This year we win a playoff game

#3 meservery

meservery

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

View PostMNmiracleCJS, on Friday, April 1st, 2011, 9:14 AM, said:

I probably flat on the button here I think we aren't really all that connected with AJ95.As played If villain is in on monkey tilt I can get it in on this flop but I don't think he's folding his hand when he leads out here very often so I'd probably flat and hope for a 7 on the turn obviously we lose some of our flush draws value by flatting but I'd rather play a small pot with this hand. Just my two cents. Something else to consider (if we dont think villain is folding) is how deep you and villain are here we don't really want to play a 300BB pot with just a nut flush draw and a gutter to a non nut straight.
Since the pot was 4bet preflop, I think most often playing a small pot is not even possible anymore. Even if we do flat the flop bet, there is over $15 in the pot on the turn.We think the villain has AAxx orr KKxx correct? What would you do with that hand if you get raised on the flop? It would seem like you were racing or crushed.

#4 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,163 posts
  • Interests:POKER!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

It is only a 3bet preflop :)I am getting it all in on flop like....100% of the time. With the dead money in there from the preflop action, we are definitely priced in.I plugged some basic AAxx hands into the simulator ranging from you having all your outs, to him having a few blockers (1 heart and 1 7) and you can see you are never really in bad shape here.Posted Image

#5 MNmiracleCJS

MNmiracleCJS

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE cash games, PLO

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

I meant flat pre-flop sorry... I read 4-bet and just assumed it went raise and then Hero 3-bet. I'm never flatting the flop obv it's either shove or fold and as Fargo has pointed out now its not a bad idea to just ship it in
He's fancy he'll go glove ~ Gordon Bombay

I bet if that puck was a cheeseburger you'd stop it ~ Russ Tyler

2011 Minnesota Twins - This year we win a playoff game

#6 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,163 posts
  • Interests:POKER!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

View PostMNmiracleCJS, on Tuesday, April 5th, 2011, 5:51 AM, said:

I meant flat pre-flop sorry... I read 4-bet and just assumed it went raise and then Hero 3-bet. I'm never flatting the flop obv it's either shove or fold and as Fargo has pointed out now its not a bad idea to just ship it in
There really is no need to be flatting buttons with those types of hands....SOOO much value in playing raised pots in position, especially when they are double suited hands.

#7 meservery

meservery

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

View PostFARGOpokerND, on Monday, April 4th, 2011, 6:34 PM, said:

It is only a 3bet preflop :club:
goddamnit. i can't even title my posts correctly.

#8 MIddLES

MIddLES

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:lets put all of them in the mix

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

i agree that there is a lot of value in raising this pre... i would add that vs an early position limp and competent opponents i think that limping behind on the button w some disconnected suited ace hands that don't flop well very often does have merit (although this situation does look like an easy raise). 200bb+ flatting the flop and jamming on a bunch of turn bets is worth discussion but this is a stack flop 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users