21 replies to this topic

#21 NellaKreb

NellaKreb

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

Round 8: European Grand PrixWell, the race wasn't really that exciting. That's ok though, with so many great races already this year, I think it's only right that a little balance was restored with the sort of "blah" race that was the European Grand Prix.Vettel dominated again, completing that "hat trick" in the process: a race win, from pole, and fastest lap. Hamilton had a bad start but found his footing later. No big crashes like last year when Webber ran up the back of Heikki Kovalainen and did a back flip, landed on his head, eventually finding his way right side up before crashing into the tire wall. The only big move in position of the top runners was Michael Schumacher, losing many positions having to make an extra pit stop after having his front wing broken in turn 1 when another driver came across his bow and clipped him as he was leaving the pit. Results:WINNERSebastian Vettel (70th race start, 16th career win)P2: Fernando AlonsoP3: Mark WebberOther placements: (finish/start)Lewis Hamilton ---------- 4th/3rdFelipe Massa ------------- 5th/5thJenson Button ----------- 6th/6thNico Rosberg ------------ 7th/7thNick Heidfeld ------------ 10th/8thSergio Perez ------------ 11th/16thPaul Di Resta ------------ 14th/12thVitaly Petrov ------------ 15th/11thKamui Kobayashi ------- 16th/14thMichael Schumacher --- 17th/8th Current D.C. Standings:Sebastian Vettel --- 186 pts.Jenson Button -------109 pts.Mark Webber ------- 109 pts.Lewis Hamilton ----- 97 pts.Fernando Alonso --- 87 pts.Current C.C. Standings:Red Bull --- 295 pts.McLaren --- 206 pts.Ferrari ----- 129 pts.Vettel becomes the 1st driver in F1 history to place no lower than 2nd in the first 8 races of a season. He also passes Lewis Hamilton in career wins and ties Sir Sterling Moss.Even though the race was just - meh, let me tell you the part I hated the most: Leigh Diffey sitting in for Bob Varsha as one of the commentators. He's probably a nice guy to be around but I can't stand him in the booth. He's almost as bad as the guy that filled in for the first few races of 2010 after Peter Windsor left, before Will Buxton could replace him - Westbury Gillett. That dude was horrible, with his goofy-ass grin and not knowing how to tone it the fck down. I'm so glad Will Buxton finally took over, now if we could only get him to do the post race interviews too.Next race: 2 weeks at legendary Silverstone.Practice --------------- Friday July 8th, 8am EST on SpeedQualifying ------------ Saturday July 9th, 8am EST on SpeedBritish Grand Prix --- Sunday July 10th, Noon EST on FOX

#22 slotprince

slotprince

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:02 AM

Any opinions on the 2016 season? What do you think of the extreme difference from the top teams down to the rest? Personally, I find it somewhat boring to know even before a race that the victory will only be obtainable by 2-3 drivers. Would it be better with more equal cars and engines?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users