33 replies to this topic

#21 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 9:43 AM, said:

That was shitty luck for Buster Posey last night. Doubt the Marlins will be much more popular in San Fran now....
Crazy - I was reading an article on Baseball Prospectus earlier that day where they mentioned an SF employee had shared (off the record) that they were seriously considering moving Posey from catching, as early as next spring training given the beating he's taken from foul tips.That's the first I heard of any possible move. Would be awful if he was out for an extended period.The contact at home plate is so weird and out of place in baseball. You can't make contact anywhere else, but at home plate all of a sudden you're allowed to be a football player.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#22 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,553 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:05 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 8:16 AM, said:

Crazy - I was reading an article on Baseball Prospectus earlier that day where they mentioned an SF employee had shared (off the record) that they were seriously considering moving Posey from catching, as early as next spring training given the beating he's taken from foul tips.That's the first I heard of any possible move. Would be awful if he was out for an extended period.The contact at home plate is so weird and out of place in baseball. You can't make contact anywhere else, but at home plate all of a sudden you're allowed to be a football player.
And second base to a certain extent. I'm with Keith Law on this one...I think it's beyond ridiculous.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#23 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 5:43 AM, said:

That was shitty luck for Buster Posey last night. Doubt the Marlins will be much more popular in San Fran now....
it was a horrible, horrible play, but it was clean. about 200 rabid giants fans on my facebook saying clemens should be suspended and fined... (god our fanbase is dumb) he didn't mean to wreck posey like that.

#24 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,553 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 2:12 PM, said:

it was a horrible, horrible play, but it was clean. about 200 rabid giants fans on my facebook saying clemens should be suspended and fined... (god our fanbase is dumb) he didn't mean to wreck posey like that.
Roger Clemens is an ******* but I don't think he can be blamed for this.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#25 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 2:03 PM, said:

maybe i should check how to spell that marlins name.

#26 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:28 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM, said:

And second base to a certain extent. I'm with Keith Law on this one...I think it's beyond ridiculous.
Agreed. A hard slide into the base is fine, but the plays at second base crossed the line a long time ago, with guys sliding nowhere near the base. I wish they called interference on that more often.

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 6:03 PM, said:

I think he meant Koby Clements. Both tools.And it was Scott Cousins, which does invite more jokes.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#27 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,124 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

The A's suck.But they are coming up with incredible ticket deals since nobody is going to the games. Like half price tickets in lower levels, and I just got tickets for the July 16th doubleheader, 1 ticket gets you into both games. All the ticket deals are trumped by the $20 parking pass and high concession prices though. You can give me free tickets to a game and I'll still drop at least $50-100 which isn't a big deal, but if I was a marketing person that is where I'd look at with giving deals.

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#28 slink

slink

Wow

• Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:41 AM

Halos 18-6 over their last 24 (best in the bigs). Beating the sisters of the poor, as they should-though Texas is keeping pace.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#29 slink

slink

Wow

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

http://www.halosheav...ow-being-servedNot much love coming from Halos Heaven for the Chowds.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

icon_wall.gif

#30 slink

slink

Wow

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Here we go! Just over a month until pitchers report.1. Weaver1A. Haren1B Wilson4. Santana5. Somebody (Jerome Williams)6. Pujols7. Morales' glorious return8. Callaspo 3+ WAR last year @ 3b9. Kendrick all star10. Aybar-retarded, but he's our retard!11. No way Texass returns to WS for 3rd straight year12. 96 games in California this year13. NO JEFF MATHIS!!!!!!!!!14. Pujols15. Mike Trout16. Bourjos-1 Vernon 22 million/year WellsCan't wait.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

icon_wall.gif

#31 slink

slink

Wow

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Halos looking real good during ST thus far. Morales playing games, running bases.Best rotation in baseball 1 through 4Pujols and Morales. Kendrick and Hunter. Fleet Pete! More Trumbombs this year!!!!New wildcard format.ALEast BostonCentral DetroitWest Los AngelesWC Texas/Tampa BayThankfully, WC plays #1, regardless of divisionHalos won 86 games last year, and basically tanked the last 10 games.I look for them to win 96+ this year.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

icon_wall.gif

#32 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Holy crap.Highlights:Magic Johnson/Stan Kasten/Mark Walter buy the Dodgers for $2 billion!That's $600 million higher than the next offer!Frank McCourt, who might be one of the worst owners in recent memory, is going to net $1 billion after paying off all of his debts!"Frank McCourt: The man who ransacked one of baseball's crown jewels, alienated a fan base, triggered the mother of all divorce cases, ran up more than a billion dollars in debt and walked away one of the richest men in America."

#33 slink

slink

Wow

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Wednesday, March 28th, 2012, 9:57 AM, said:

Holy crap."Frank McCourt: The man who ransacked one of baseball's crown jewels, alienated a fan base, triggered the mother of all divorce cases, ran up more than a billion dollars in debt and walked away one of the richest men in America."
I think that there will be another shoe drop for this McCourt feller.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

icon_wall.gif

#34 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

pure brody

• Members
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postslink, on Wednesday, March 28th, 2012, 8:38 PM, said:

I think that there will be another shoe drop for this McCourt feller.
well that must make it so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users