Jump to content


West Coast Baseball


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 slink

slink

    Wow

  • Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind the curtain
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Figured there weren't really enough individual teams' fans, so it might be better to combine them all. I know there are some Seattle, San Francisco and maybe another Halo fan here, along with a Doyer fan or 2.Not real impressed with the Halo offseason or their prospects about returning to the postseason. Once again, no pop in their line-up (Morales possibly not able to start the season). Starting rotation figures to be pretty good, so we'll see. Looking at .500 IMO.Perhaps VW can combine with Hunter and Morales to provide the much needed pop.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#2 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

View Postslink, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 1:24 AM, said:

Not real impressed with the Halo offseason or their prospects about returning to the postseason.
LOL, that's putting it pretty mildly. If I was a Halos fan, I'd be infuriated at how poorly they did this off-season.

#3 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

View Postslink, on Tuesday, February 15th, 2011, 10:24 PM, said:

Figured there weren't really enough individual teams' fans, so it might be better to combine them all. I know there are some Seattle, San Francisco and maybe another Halo fan here, along with a Doyer fan or 2.Not real impressed with the Halo offseason or their prospects about returning to the postseason. Once again, no pop in their line-up (Morales possibly not able to start the season). Starting rotation figures to be pretty good, so we'll see. Looking at .500 IMO.Perhaps VW can combine with Hunter and Morales to provide the much needed pop.
Angles will be very good again in a few years.speaking of baseball, i just had my picture taken with wilson, lincecum, and the trophy. cost $40 bucks though.

#4 slink

slink

    Wow

  • Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind the curtain
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Thursday, February 17th, 2011, 1:29 PM, said:

Angles will be very good again in a few years.speaking of baseball, i just had my picture taken with wilson, lincecum, and the trophy. cost $40 bucks though.
Sarcasm? LOLI think they will compete (man, this is just my fan loyalty coming out here) this year. If there is one thing our GM is good at, it is pulling the trigger at the trade deadline (though him being effective at anything else, I'm not so sure).I also think it is doubtful (if Angel history has anything to do with it), that the 'Cuban Missile' (Kendry Morales) will do anything worthwhile this year.So, I guess the last 2 sentences are contradictory.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#5 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

View Postslink, on Friday, February 18th, 2011, 12:12 AM, said:

Sarcasm? LOLI think they will compete (man, this is just my fan loyalty coming out here) this year. If there is one thing our GM is good at, it is pulling the trigger at the trade deadline (though him being effective at anything else, I'm not so sure).I also think it is doubtful (if Angel history has anything to do with it), that the 'Cuban Missile' (Kendry Morales) will do anything worthwhile this year.So, I guess the last 2 sentences are contradictory.
naw man im being serious. haha you guys have a pretty good staff. (i have no idea how your pen is.) and like you said, the health of morales will make or break this years angels.

#6 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Saturday, February 19th, 2011, 3:34 PM, said:

naw man im being serious. haha you guys have a pretty good staff. (i have no idea how your pen is.) and like you said, the health of morales will make or break this years angels.
Meh, while anything is possible of course, the Angels are really far behind the Rangers currently, and it isn't likely that Morales being healthy would put them close enough to take them seriously. A lot of things would have to go very right for the Angels and very wrong for the Rangers to close the gap. With reasonably average luck on both sides, I don't see it.

#7 Theraflu

Theraflu

    I like beer.

  • Members
  • 6,255 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Don't sleep on them A's this year. Just because you haven't heard of 80% of the roster, they're a real solid team. Daric Barton led the god damn league in walks last year. And they've been reasonably active in the free agent market, getting good value signings. It's not a great team, but they could easily be pushing 90 wins.
Marital Aids.

#8 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Saturday, February 19th, 2011, 9:50 PM, said:

Don't sleep on them A's this year. Just because you haven't heard of 80% of the roster, they're a real solid team. Daric Barton led the god damn league in walks last year. And they've been reasonably active in the free agent market, getting good value signings. It's not a great team, but they could easily be pushing 90 wins.
A's a good sleeper team I think. Not as good as the Rangers, but a better shot than the Angels if we have to pick a non-Texas team to win the division.

#9 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose,CA
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH MTT

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

The rangers are good, but I think their pitching staff overachieved last year. It will be interesting to see whether they decide to put Neftali Feliz in the rotation and whether or not Young stays. Regardless, I think the A's should be the favorites to win the division with their pitching staff and solid offense. They added three good hitters (Dejesus, Matsui, Willingham) and are returning the entire pitching staff that lead the league in ERA plus Fuentes and that guy from Tampa Bay (Balfour?)

#10 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

    Shufflin'

  • Members
  • 17,981 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

So I've read in a couple places that the Giants are a popular spring training team. I will likely be catching 1-2 games in the area, so I've gotta pick wisely. Any reason the Giants are so popular?edit - ththey were popular before they won the World Series of course.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#11 king_tanner

king_tanner

    Poker Forum C***

  • Members
  • 11,066 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern CA
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

Sweet!!! Hideki Matsui is on the A's. Now I can get really drunk at games and yell GODZILLLLLLLLAAAA!!!!!

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#12 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

this guy will help us win a few more world series titles.... brandon belt.http://news.yahoo.co...ts_top_prospect

#13 slink

slink

    Wow

  • Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind the curtain
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

3-1 so far. Starting pitching has done well so far, except fro Krapschmear.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#14 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

View Postslink, on Tuesday, March 1st, 2011, 6:17 PM, said:

3-1 so far. Starting pitching has done well so far, except fro Krapschmear.
hah, he is a most definite bust. whats his contract like? side note: i heard the giants are considering biting the bullet by cutting zito. he has 3 years and like 48 million.

#15 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Thursday, March 3rd, 2011, 2:39 PM, said:

side note: i heard the giants are considering biting the bullet by cutting zito. he has 3 years and like 48 million.
3 years and 64.5 million, 75.5 million if they exercised his 2014 option (unlikely obviously). And that rumor was probably started based on nothing except speculation by people who were bored. There's no way the Giants just cut Zito. He's still easily their best option for a fifth starter and they have to pay his salary either way.

#16 slink

slink

    Wow

  • Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind the curtain
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Thursday, March 3rd, 2011, 11:39 AM, said:

hah, he is a most definite bust. whats his contract like?
12 million, free agent at end of season. He was so good for the Halos from the trade deadline until the end of the season in 2009.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#17 king_tanner

king_tanner

    Poker Forum C***

  • Members
  • 11,066 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern CA
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

giants suck and got lucky....goodbye thread, I can't stomach being an A's fan and posting in the same thread as you ingrates!!!

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#18 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Friday, March 4th, 2011, 1:53 AM, said:

giants suck and got lucky....goodbye thread, I can't stomach being an A's fan and posting in the same thread as you ingrates!!!
Posted Image

#19 slink

slink

    Wow

  • Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind the curtain
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Don't understand Scioscia wanting to keep trotting Jeffy Mathis out there as catcher. Unarguably the WORST catcher in the AL (MLB?) last year. A career < .200 hitter. You've the future of the franchise hitting .300 and he's not getting the majority of the starts. Also fUcking Fernando Rodney (Fraudney). Absolutely terrible!That being said, 1st place, 2 games up!
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#20 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

That was shitty luck for Buster Posey last night. Doubt the Marlins will be much more popular in San Fran now....
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users