4046 replies to this topic

#61 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:37 AM

View Postakoff, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 7:31 AM, said:

well said, i know when i am overmatched...that is not the same as being wrong. you continue on with the intelligence stuff and i will continue to watch the Unit!
Again:Capitulation is my kryptonite, and you've made it worse by adding a reflection of my past in The Unit.Asshole.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#62 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:31 AM

View PostSpademan, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 7:37 AM, said:

Again:Capitulation is my kryptonite, and you've made it worse by adding a reflection of my past in The Unit.Asshole.
i have been married a long time, you will have to do better then that.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#63 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 8:06 AM, said:

The fact that you are saying that every single democratic senator was SOOOOO trusting of George W. Bush, that they simply believed what he said in a speech and decided that was enough proof to send our country to war. Insane = you.
No, they believed the administration, not just one thing Bush said in one speech. It's obvious that what Bush said in his state of the union was in agreement with the analysis and decisions made by him and his administration regarding Iraq. That's why he said it. The President and a few of his staff have seats in the situation room. Senators don't.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#64 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

View Postakoff, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 8:31 AM, said:

i have been married a long time, you will have to do better then that.
Self deprecation is the same thing as capitulation.So stop. I'm in a pool and there is a glowing green pendant on a chain wrapped around my neck, and I'm drowning.You've admitted that you're defeated...Leave well enough alone. If I have to call on Ms. Tessmacher, shit'll get real.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#65 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 8:40 AM, said:

No, they believed the administration, not just one thing Bush said in one speech. It's obvious that what Bush said in his state of the union was in agreement with the analysis and decisions made by him and his administration regarding Iraq. That's why he said it. The President and a few of his staff have seats in the situation room. Senators don't.
It would have been so much better if you said "haste of the union address".You aren't me though, on a number of levels, so you'd have never seen that.

#66 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

View PostSpademan, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 6:16 AM, said:

Ya, I work in Intelligence. I go to Iraq and Afghanistan for months to over a year at a time, and I still destroy you.
No matter how much other stuff happens, I have a ton of respect for you for this.Even though my Brother in Law is your boss
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#67 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 10:32 AM, said:

No matter how much other stuff happens, I have a ton of respect for you for this.Even though my Brother in Law is your boss
Pew pew!That's me fake shooting at you with gay sounding laser guns, humorously. I literally have no boss, doing what I'm currently doing.

#68 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

So the Somalian pirates killed the 4 people during the rescue.1st: When did people stop fearing the US? Last time they popped them in the head with snipers from the backs of moving ships on Easter.2nd: The report on the news said that Somalia has 650+ people and 6-7 ships currently hijacked. Why is the Navy not there kicking some butt?3rd: The insurance companies pay these guys off all the time in millions of dollars..how do these people not take the money and run? It is always so weird to me to think that x group is getting x millions and yet still seem to own one shirt, wear flip flops and carry AK-47s 24/74th :Why hasn't Blackwater or someone else started the 'hijack prevention company', that does nothing but rent guys to sit on the bow with a sniper rifle and a beer and beg the captain to slow down and get closer to the shore?

#69 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM, said:

So the Somalian pirates killed the 4 people during the rescue.1st: When did people stop fearing the US? Last time they popped them in the head with snipers from the backs of moving ships on Easter.2nd: The report on the news said that Somalia has 650+ people and 6-7 ships currently hijacked. Why is the Navy not there kicking some butt?3rd: The insurance companies pay these guys off all the time in millions of dollars..how do these people not take the money and run? It is always so weird to me to think that x group is getting x millions and yet still seem to own one shirt, wear flip flops and carry AK-47s 24/74th :Why hasn't Blackwater or someone else started the 'hijack prevention company', that does nothing but rent guys to sit on the bow with a sniper rifle and a beer and beg the captain to slow down and get closer to the shore?
I have no answers for these questions.Other than to clarify that Blackwater goes by Xe more recently.Aside from that, good questions. I'd also turn a good deal of Muslim nations into glass parking lots if I could.Unfortunately, it seems these things are not politically viable.

#70 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

View PostSpademan, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM, said:

I have no answers for these questions.Other than to clarify that Blackwater goes by Xe more recently.Aside from that, good questions. I'd also turn a good deal of Muslim nations into glass parking lots if I could.Unfortunately, it seems these things are not politically viable.
I get the need to handle muslim issues with care, but pirates? We should be able to fire them up for training and nobody would really complain much.But I do suspect that there are companies out there filling the role of protectors, and making lots of money. And good for them.But still, pirates have over 600 people hostage, and are still working and the US isn't dumping some old munitions, to reduce storage space, on their homes?It's like I don't know who we are anymore...I of course blame Clinton...but I haven't worked out why yet..stay tuned.

#71 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 1:02 PM, said:

So the Somalian pirates killed the 4 people during the rescue.1st: When did people stop fearing the US? Last time they popped them in the head with snipers from the backs of moving ships on Easter.
So sad to hear. Apparently the couple had been traveling the world for years, sightseeing and doing charitable work around the globe. I'm not sure why they stopped fearing the US. Last time, they were all killed on the stop. This time, only two were killed and 20 or so were captured. I wouldn't be too upset if those 20 or so pirates were "lost at sea" on their way to a US prison.

2nd: The report on the news said that Somalia has 650+ people and 6-7 ships currently hijacked. Why is the Navy not there kicking some butt?
Because it's really difficult. The pirates are a wide network of locals which are spread out and entrenched within Somalia. They live in a country that has no government, no central control, and no police force. Going after them on land would be akin to going after the Taliban in Afghanistan, and I don't think many have the stomach for something like that.

4th :Why hasn't Blackwater or someone else started the 'hijack prevention company', that does nothing but rent guys to sit on the bow with a sniper rifle and a beer and beg the captain to slow down and get closer to the shore?
Right, the difference is that they have to go to sea to do their piracy, and that makes them easily identifiable. Unfortunately, the amount of ocean needed to cover is huge. Having said that, we spend ten times more on the military than any other country, and we have much better technology. I don't buy the fact that we can't put a stop to this if we really wanted to, or at least put a large dent in it. Can't we find these guys with radar, can't we try to identify rogue boats using drones, can't we take them out from thousands of miles away using surgical strikes? How would that be different than the bombing of Al Qaeda that we do every day?

#72 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM, said:

I get the need to handle muslim issues with care, but pirates? We should be able to fire them up for training and nobody would really complain much.But I do suspect that there are companies out there filling the role of protectors, and making lots of money. And good for them.But still, pirates have over 600 people hostage, and are still working and the US isn't dumping some old munitions, to reduce storage space, on their homes?It's like I don't know who we are anymore...I of course blame Clinton...but I haven't worked out why yet..stay tuned.
Uhmm... what religion are Somali pirates?

#73 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

View PostSpademan, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 1:26 PM, said:

Off the top of my head, I don't think it's Jewish.

#74 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

View PostSpademan, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM, said:

I didn't think we equated them that way at all.But if you are right than its time the US military had its butt kicked so they can get away from the PC garbage and get back to being the baddest military in the history of the world.Edit: And by butt kicked I mean a serious tongue lashing because I hate that our soldiers have to pay with their lives for the sins of the leaders....again.

#75 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 10:28 AM, said:

Off the top of my head, I don't think it's Jewish.
Because they're black???????You should look up the nation of Israel's history and you will find that the Ethiopian Jewsmigrated to Israel in the 70s.

#76 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM, said:

I didn't think we equated them that way at all.
Ummm... No, they are almost exclusively Muslim.Which is the point of my first response.And that is literally the first way I equate them.

#77 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

View PostSpademan, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 10:35 AM, said:

Ummm... No, they are almost exclusively Muslim.Which is the point of my first response.And that is literally the first way I equate them.
But their piracy is not related to their religion or their adherence to it, other than the whole 'they're just infidels so they don't count'.Or am I wrong about this? Which would be the first time I've been wrong about Somalia ( Unlike Clinton )

#78 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM, said:

But their piracy is not related to their religion or their adherence to it, other than the whole 'they're just infidels so they don't count'.Or am I wrong about this? Which would be the first time I've been wrong about Somalia ( Unlike Clinton )
No, you're right in that Islam is not the main motivator for their piracy. (It might be, but my assumption is more along the lines of "I'm poor and stupid and can get dolla dolla bills yall off the high sea's).Doesn't change the fact that I'd turn all Muslim nations into a glass parking lot, based only on them being a Muslim nation.They haven't changed with the times like Christians and Jews. No threat = No nuke droppage.

#79 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

View PostSpademan, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 10:57 AM, said:

No, you're right in that Islam is not the main motivator for their piracy. (It might be, but my assumption is more along the lines of "I'm poor and stupid and can get dolla dolla bills yall off the high sea's).Doesn't change the fact that I'd turn all Muslim nations into a glass parking lot, based only on them being a Muslim nation.They haven't changed with the times like Christians and Jews. No threat = no nukes.
Looks like the Middle East is going to soon force us all to make this determination of where we stand on muslims as a threat to world stability.I do not have much hope for the response from the countries that matter.Russia may end up having to do all the work on their own.

#80 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM, said:

Looks like the Middle East is going to soon force us all to make this determination of where we stand on muslims as a threat to world stability.I do not have much hope for the response from the countries that matter.Russia may end up having to do all the work on their own.
Actually, all the revolts that have followed Egypt (as rape-sh as that may have been) in Arab nations have given me a little hope that maybe they are ready to come out of the stone age as a people.Afghanistan however still has another hundred years in it, I'm afraid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users