Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 11:23 AM, said:

There are exactly two things that make it unconstitutional for a person to be ineligible to be president.Both of these are answered by their birth certificate.I wonder how long before someone would require Arnold Schwarzenegger to show a birth certificate if he ran for the republican ticket?
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#23 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM, said:

I wonder how long before someone would require Arnold Schwarzenegger to show a birth certificate if he ran for the republican ticket?
Until they pass the 61st Amendment.

#24 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,405 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 2:32 PM, said:

There are exactly two things that make it unconstitutional for a person to be ineligible to be president.Both of these are answered by their birth certificate.
There is actually a third requirement that is not answered on a birth certificate: the person has to have lived in the United States for at least 14 years. It has never been an issue and probably won't be in the near future, but I'm just being nitpicky.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#25 Dagata

Dagata

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Holdem NL

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Not nitpicky if BG tries to pull that "Exactly" bullshit

#26 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,377 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

This is just incredible...http://news.yahoo.co...er-legal-glitch

F Cancer

#27 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,895 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

View Postnutzbuster, on Thursday, February 17th, 2011, 3:05 AM, said:

This is just incredible...http://news.yahoo.co...er-legal-glitch
I think they're just pissed that they couldn't kill somebody so now they'll do whatever they can to screw with him. It is Texas after all where they do love to fry them.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#28 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, February 4th, 2011, 8:35 AM, said:

While we are going overboard removing all traces of Christianity from our public life,
who exactly is going overboard with that? they still have kids in school to stand up and pledge their allegiance to Yahweh.

#29 loogie

loogie

Chopped Liver

• Members
  • 6,046 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:fun poker pics :)

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 2:32 PM, said:

There are exactly two things that make it unconstitutional for a person to be ineligible to be president.Both of these are answered by their birth certificate.
Posted Image

#30 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

View PostDagata, on Thursday, February 17th, 2011, 12:00 AM, said:

Not nitpicky if BG tries to pull that "Exactly" bullshit
True true

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#31 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Thursday, February 17th, 2011, 3:49 PM, said:

who exactly is going overboard with that? they still have kids in school to stand up and pledge their allegiance to Yahweh.
Them.

#32 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

Architect to remove ‘crosses’ from Toledo elementary schoolhttp://religion.blog...mentary-school/Posted Image

#33 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

Whatever those things are, removing them will be an improvement.

#34 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=C1you don't say....
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#35 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM, said:

I don't think this story means what you think it means...Here is the key sentence to help you understand it:However, intelligence reports -- now shown to have been false -- that Iraq possessed WMDs were the main reason for going in, Rumsfeld said.

#36 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

It was widely known at the time that the intelligence reports were unverified.

White House 'warned over Iraq claim'The CIA warned the US Government that claims about Iraq's nuclear ambitions were not true months before President Bush used them to make his case for war, the BBC has learned.Doubts about a claim that Iraq had tried to buy uranium from the African state of Niger were aired 10 months before Mr Bush included the allegation in his key State of the Union address this year, a CIA official has told the BBC.

But a former US diplomat, Ambassador Joseph Wilson, went on the record at the weekend to say that he had travelled to Africa to investigate the uranium claims and found no evidence to support them.Now the CIA official has told the BBC that Mr Wilson's findings had been passed onto the White House as early as March 2002.That means that the administration would have known nearly a year before the State of the Union address that the information was likely false.
http://newsvote.bbc....cas/3056626.stmThe Bush administration's response? Illegally leaking the secret undercover identity of one of their own active CIA field agents (Valerie Plame) because her husband wrote the NYT story critical of the data about Nigerian uranium cake. That actually happened. Joe Wilson is her husband.I'm not sure which would be worse - going to war on a lie or going to war because of stupidity, but in this case stupidity is not an excuse (odd that you think it would be an acceptable excuse though, BG). They went to war on a lie.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?

#37 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 6:39 PM, said:

It was widely known at the time that the intelligence reports were unverified.http://newsvote.bbc....cas/3056626.stmThe Bush administration's response? Illegally leaking the secret undercover identity of one of their own active CIA field agents (Valerie Plame) because her husband wrote the NYT story critical of the data about Nigerian uranium cake. That actually happened. Joe Wilson is her husband.I'm not sure which would be worse - going to war on a lie or going to war because of stupidity, but in this case stupidity is not an excuse (odd that you think it would be an acceptable excuse though, BG). They went to war on a lie.
Absolutely 100% false, even the Washington Post has debunked all the Valarie Plame, Joe Wilson bullshit. The person who leaked Plame was against going into Iraq anyway. Seriously the facts do not support any of this, you are repeating anti-bush propaganda that has been proven false by multiple sources.
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

#38 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

View PostZealous Donkey, on Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 9:43 PM, said:

Absolutely 100% false, even the Washington Post has debunked all the Valarie Plame, Joe Wilson bullshit. The person who leaked Plame was against going into Iraq anyway. Seriously the facts do not support any of this, you are repeating anti-bush propaganda that has been proven false by multiple sources.
But you'll admit that they knew the intelligence was false, right? Are you accusing the BBC of being wrong about the important part, or just me about Valerie Plame? The fact that she was outted is a sidenote to the main issue, which is the faulty intelligence and the Iraq war.

#39 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

Also this, but like I said it's incidental to the heart of the matter. If you want to post your multiple sources that prove me wrong, feel free to do that though. Posted ImageP.S. Scooter Libby, advisor to both the President and Vice-President, was indicted, convicted, and disbarred for his role in the scandal. Prove me wrong.

#40 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:50 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 11:53 PM, said:

But you'll admit that they knew the intelligence was false, right? Are you accusing the BBC of being wrong about the important part, or just me about Valerie Plame? The fact that she was outted is a sidenote to the main issue, which is the faulty intelligence and the Iraq war.
Intelligence about WMD's was obviously wrong!, but Everyone believed them to be true at the time. The Valarie Plame part is pure fiction. But last I heard the Brits still stand by their report that Iraq was indeed trying to buy Uranium. To answer your question, I am saying the whole Joe Wilson, Valarie Plame part is fantasy. Hell, you have won me over along time ago as far as Iraq being a mistake. You can even blame Bush, but you can't say he went in under false pretenses, because he didn't, their was a long list of reasons for going into Iraq, and wide spread belief that he had WMDs. What the US did in Iraq was overall a very good thing. They toppled and evil dictator that had aided in terrorism, and treated his own people horribly for a long period of time. But the Iraqi people haven't proven worthy. Should this have been studied in greater detail before expending so much blood and treasure? absolutely, I agree with you on that part.

View Posttimwakefield, on Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 11:58 PM, said:

Also this, but like I said it's incidental to the heart of the matter. If you want to post your multiple sources that prove me wrong, feel free to do that though. Posted ImageP.S. Scooter Libby, advisor to both the President and Vice-President, was indicted, convicted, and disbarred for his role in the scandal. Prove me wrong.
Scooter Libby testified about something he learned from Tim Russert. Tim Russert denied that he passed on such information. The judge would not allow the defense to present evidence that Russert's was wrong.http://www.slate.com/id/2148555/http://www.slate.com/id/2146475/http://www.washingto...6071201519.htmlhttp://www.slate.com/id/2139609/http://www.slate.com/id/2140058/http://www.slate.com/id/2103795/http://www.washingto...4-2004Jul9.htmlhttp://www.weeklysta...12/648ygtoe.asp
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users