5 replies to this topic

#1 UKshadow

UKshadow

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

This is probably going to sound a little strange but I'm having trouble with keeping hold of a massive chip stack.I only play MTT's.The last couple of nights I have being playing live at a venue near to me (dusk till dawn/Nottingham) and on both occassions I with 2 tables left (normally only the final table gets paid) I have been chip leader. Last night I even had 6x the average chip stack.Unfortunately on both occassions I managed to tank all of my chips before the final table.Any advice?]Should I just lock down?How should I handle marginal hands against 10BB's and under pushes?

#2 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

google nash push chart
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#3 webber286

webber286

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

I've had similar issue playing MTTs online. I'll work very hard to get deep into a tournament, finally build up a large chip stack, then start thinking that I can't loose and open up way too much. The problem I see is that players at this stage in the game have a pretty good idea of how you are playing and the range of cards you are going in with and are waiting for you to make a mistake so they can double up through you. It's sort of like having blinders on when you are the chip leader, whereas if you are one of the lower stacks you are paying closer attention to what the rest of the table is doing and looking for high risk, high reward opportunities to get that big chip stack, however once I have it, then I'll try to force too much action.So maybe your initial assessment of locking down would be a good idea. Remember that other players on the bubble are looking for an opportunity to double up through the larger stacks, so you have to be careful when you call those types.

#4 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

FCP Resident Donk

• Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

just r/f a lot
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#5 any2canlose

any2canlose

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

View PostTrueAce13, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 9:00 AM, said:

just r/f a lot
this and also take fairly small stabs at stealing on the flop when the table shows weakness unless youve been doing it and got played back at.

#6 donk4life

donk4life

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

r/f is always a good idea.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users