#41 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 2:01 PM, said:

I went with Halak. I only mention it, because if you have him in any pools, get rid of him now. Im the number 13 wearing black cat of hockey pools this year. I got a lot riding on you Mr.Halak and the St.Louis Blues. 11-12 better be your year.
Yup, there it is. I figured I had something like this on here.

#42 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Damn you --- in my 'other' keeper I've had to blow one of my 3 waiver claims on Brian Freaking Elliot!
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#43 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

I am going to rant here for my personal sake. No need to continue reading further.I hate my FCHL team right now. I try and tell myself that it is early in the season but it doesn't work. I hate them. I hate them all except for maybe Joe Pavelski.My boys put up the expected numbers on non game nights but when it is time to help me out they all shut down. All of them. Well except for Joe Pavelski. The Beavers are a one man team. Kovy only scores on non game nights. Franzen and Lidstrom too. Vrbata puts up goose eggs except when on the bench or on a non game night. Should I even bring up goalies? My goalies pitch 0 and 1 goal games on non game nights and then on a game night they let in 4 5 6 and even 7 goals on a consistent basis. And then one game day my offense shows up my goalies give up 5. Didn't matter though because the team I played put up like 9.5 pts. Never had a chance. It's humorous in a not so funny way that I look at my offense scores on a non game night are almost always better than a game night where I dress 10 instead of 4. I hate fantasy sports. TL;DR Notes: Just some incessant whining about fantasy sports.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#44 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hasnt Scottie Hartnell done well for you? I thought about him the other day, and figured he was pretty decent on game nights.Feel to free to offer me anything for my productive players, I have too many.

#45 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Monday, October 31st, 2011, 1:27 PM, said:

Hasnt Scottie Hartnell done well for you? I thought about him the other day, and figured he was pretty decent on game nights.Feel to free to offer me anything for my productive players, I have too many.
He did good one game night where my opponent was sitting with 9.5 pts. Then Hartnell did good Saturday which was my bye. So no, he has done nothing for me.I have absolutely nothing left to offer sadly. The only trades I can make this season are trades where I sell my top players.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#46 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ok, lets see if anyone is around to help:

What do you think of my rank of these prospects, or at least the middle 5-15, in terms of fantasy hockey:
G+A=1pt each
F more important than D, but not by a lot
Will prob need to call up in 2-3years, sooner the better. THANKS!

1 EDM YAKUPOV FWD 2 MTL GALCHENYUK FWD 3 BUF GRIGORENKO FWD 4 WSH FORSBERG FWD 5 CHI TERAVAINEN FWD 6 BOS HAMILTON D. DEF 7 FLA BJUGSTAD FWD 8 DAL FAKSA FWD 9 TOR REILLY DEF 10 MIN COYLE FWD 11 EDM SCHULTZ J. DEF 12 ANA ETEM FWD 13 OTT SILFVERBERG FWD 14 CGY CERVENKA FWD 15 MIN DUMBA DEF 16 DET JARNKROK FWD 17 BOS SPOONER FWD 18 VAN SCHROEDER FWD 19 DET BRUNNER FWD

#47 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,929 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Bjugstad seems a bit high to me but he isn't a Big M so I don't really know.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#48 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

ya, could be.
Im having trouble ranking from 7-13.

#49 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

"Phoenix prospect Brett MacLean has retired from hockey. His cardiac arrest was serious enough that he is forced to abstain from contact sports. TSN had that update yesterday. This was an update that was probably easy to get two months ago, I wonder why the news is just out now. Tough break for Brett, but on the other hand he's very lucky and I wish him all the best."

First FCHL farm player to retire? (I know there have been a few that are now toiling in euro minor leagues, etc..)
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#50 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,105 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

I have Teravainen over Forsberg.

Agree Bjugstad seems high, but I don't know a ton about him. Conversely, I probably would if he should be that high.

Coyle is probably accurate there, but he'll likely be in the NHL when the season starts, Off to a good start in Houston.

Might swap Rielly and Faksa, but I like both of them, so whatever.

6 of those players are Limidonks or Shortstackers ;)

Might bump Dumba ahead of Silfverberg and Cervenka. I'm a big Silfverberg homer, but I'm worried he's going to be relegated to being more of a shut down guy, because of his good defense. He'll be fighting for one of two top six spots in Ottawa, with 2 other guys this season. Cervenka is hard to guage since he's so old, and never played in the NHL.

Not really up on the rest. Heard good things about Jarnkrok, so he's likely in the right spot.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#51 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Forsberg Dumba Cervenka Hamilton Silfverberg Faksa Hertl Teravainen Schultz Etem Bjugstad Vasilevski Coyle Jurco Reilly Subban Gallagher Murray Brunner

This is how it went. I got Hamilton, Terv, Bjugstad, Brunner.

had a real tough time deciding between Ham+Terv, then Terv fell to me.
tough time deciding between Bjug+Coyle, and went Bjug
was gonna take Jarnkrok ahead of Brunner, but decided I needed more immediate returns on that pick.

hate that theres no hockey, as this main draft is my longest running pool and goes Saturday. But Ill live with watching these guys and my AHL prospects this year, or at least til NHL starts in November/December. :)

#52 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,747 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

I really like Teravainen and Bjugstad...Yakupov, Glachenyuk and Grigorenko are the only ones from your list who I would've taken ahead of them...possibly Jarnkrok too.

I think Brunner over Jarnkrok is going to haunt you.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#53 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

ya, I always seem to leave a draft with one flip that didnt go my way/I just goofed, and Jarnkrok might be that one.
really happy with the draft overall, but that one is already worrying me.

#54 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,105 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Charlie Coyle has a goal and an assist in the first period of his first pro game. Superstar.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#55 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Did one of my keeper pools on Saturday, and then we did a pool on the date of the next NHL reg season game.
We are discussing an AHL pool too.

cant stop hockey degenerates.

#56 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

I don't know if anyone else has seen this...something new the HockeyDB is doing.

http://www.hockeydb.com/scoreboard/

Recent scores, updated standings and leading scorers, all on one page, across every league they cover. Very cool.

#57 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,105 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

rielly and dumba are the best.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#58 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,881 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Help:

I have pick #2 and #4.
I get to hold onto to the player until he plays 70 games, but sooner they come the better for me. Goals arent a huge thing, but do carry a little more weight than assists. (category pool, I dont care about other 2 cats, plus-minus+pims)

Jonathan Drouin
Connor McDavid
Geno Kuznetsov

#4.....if not on NHL roster, I can choose from Galchenyuk/Schwartz/Strome
or might have to settle for a guy like Barkov, or Niedderieter/Forsberg/Terravainen

Q. How would you rank top 3? top 4?
Q: How good is McDavid? I know too young, but still, is he talked up like Crosby for a reason, or just hype?
Q: Drouin or Kuznetsov? Im leaning Drouin, cant trust Geno.

Thanks FCP hockey.

#59 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,105 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

McDavid is easily my #1 here.... he's that hyped.

I think I'd take Kuznetsov over Drouin... hate to be a homer (I depend on him coming over for the AHL), but he's been NHL ready for a while, just a decision whether you thinks he comes over ever. I think he does, likely for 14/15...

I'd dump Niedderieter entirely... just think he had a really good WJC one year which boosted him up way too much (note, I took Skinner AND Connolly over him because of this). So I'd obv take Strome over him, he'll easily be the better Islander. I'd likely take Drouin over anyone not named McD or Kuznetsov, tho, it's close on the latter. Outside of ignoring Niederreiter, hard to rank the others....

If I had to, incorporating all my biases, etc...

fack, I'd flip a coin for the first three, and flip a coin for the second three... maybe Barkov into the top 3 over Strome?
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#60 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Given the choice of all your names, I'd easily take McDavid and Drouin if possible. If not possible, McDavid and Barkov probably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users