725 replies to this topic

#21 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,110 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

View PostMercury69, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 5:00 PM, said:

^^^ This, given what I saw in the WJC. 100+ in that timeframe if he gets quality linemates
Meh, the WJC tends to lead players to be overrated, especially those that are already drafted, thus older than most of their competition. That extra year of development is huge, especially for a guy who played 9 (?) NHL games this season.Not saying that he couldn't be a 100 point guy, as rare as they are, but everyone's expectations tend to get inflated after a guy plays in his final WJC and dominates.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#22 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

For Schenn, I see him as a probable 10-30 guy. I dont like to guess numbers, more of a rank in pts. Almost no one gets 100 anymore. He'll be like DRoy/MRichards stats wise. Probably next to never a top 10 in any scoring year, but a good lock for 30 or better in his prime.

#23 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,785 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 2:18 PM, said:

For Schenn, I see him as a probable 10-30 guy. I dont like to guess numbers, more of a rank in pts. Almost no one gets 100 anymore. He'll be like DRoy/MRichards stats wise. Probably next to never a top 10 in any scoring year, but a good lock for 30 or better in his prime.
Grabovski like?
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#24 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

View Postserge, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 5:26 PM, said:

Grabovski like?
well, no, not in my opinion.I dont think I can say Grabovski is a lock to do anything that he hasnt done already, in any of his first 4 years. But who knows, maybe starting next year? Doubt it though.

#25 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

Duchene + x for MalkinHow much more would you be willing to give up to get Malkin. He has way more upside but flight risk.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#26 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

in a keeper? or this season only

#27 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

View PostFenxis, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM, said:

Duchene + x for MalkinHow much more would you be willing to give up to get Malkin. He has way more upside but flight risk.
is this a keep forever thing, or just next year?I wouldnt give up a lot more, but I guess it would depend on depth of the pool, categories. strictly pts, im gonna say malkin 80-90, duchene 70-80.

#28 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,110 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

Malkin's not a flight risk...
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#29 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,761 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

View PostZach6668, on Thursday, February 3rd, 2011, 2:36 AM, said:

Malkin's not a flight risk...
He's a definite injury risk though.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#30 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 10:58 PM, said:

is this a keep forever thing, or just next year?I wouldnt give up a lot more, but I guess it would depend on depth of the pool, categories. strictly pts, im gonna say malkin 80-90, duchene 70-80.
keeper + pts.

#31 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 1:01 PM, said:

I went with Halak. I only mention it, because if you have him in any pools, get rid of him now. Im the number 13 wearing black cat of hockey pools this year.
48hrs later: The Blues have confirmed that Halak has an upper-body injury and they are listing him as day to day.Come on, Im good, no???

#32 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

One of the hockey pools I am in allows trades at the all star break, for players that were not drafted originally, and all points accumulated pre trade count post trade. The trades are done in a snake draft format, so whoever is in last place gets the first option to trade a player.I was in 15th out of 17, and I was able to make the following upgrades:Semyon Varlamov (29) to Tim Thomas (92)Andre Markov (3) to John Micheal Liles (35)95 point swing, and it jumped me all the way up to 5th place in the pool, and only 25 points out of first.I was easily the biggest benefactor of the trades, as the people at the top were upgrading 30-35 point forwards into 40 point forwards.

#33 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

View PostDubey, on Friday, February 4th, 2011, 3:43 PM, said:

One of the hockey pools I am in allows trades at the all star break, for players that were not drafted originally, and all points accumulated pre trade count post trade. The trades are done in a snake draft format, so whoever is in last place gets the first option to trade a player.I was in 15th out of 17, and I was able to make the following upgrades:Semyon Varlamov (29) to Tim Thomas (92)Andre Markov (3) to John Micheal Liles (35)95 point swing, and it jumped me all the way up to 5th place in the pool, and only 25 points out of first.I was easily the biggest benefactor of the trades, as the people at the top were upgrading 30-35 point forwards into 40 point forwards.
What kind of communism is this? Im all for helping the weak, but holy cow.

#34 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

yeah I know, I think the system is terrible, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to capitalize on it.

#35 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

View PostDubey, on Friday, February 4th, 2011, 5:16 PM, said:

yeah I know, I think the system is terrible, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to capitalize on it.
Though if people are drafting efficiently, it would never move a last-place team to 5th. I think it is a super-awesome idea for work pools, especially if players are more or less locked in after the move is made.I might even suggest this in my non-serious work pool.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#36 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

Yeah it is an officepools pool. All picks are locked in from the draft to the trade day, and then from the trade day to the end.

#37 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

View PostFenxis, on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM, said:

Hope you kept Duchene.Luckily, I went with Halak.If the injury is as bad as it sounds, Id be suprised if he was full strength before January 2012.

#38 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Saturday, February 5th, 2011, 2:48 PM, said:

Hope you kept Duchene.
Yup. He wanted Duchene + R. Johansen + two (late) 1sts, which I didn't like. Bit of a stalemate as he didn't like my counter :club:.

#39 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Thursday, February 3rd, 2011, 8:25 AM, said:

He's a definite injury risk though.
Blown MCL and ACL = Ouch

View PostDubey, on Friday, February 4th, 2011, 3:43 PM, said:

Was the jump a result of all points being moved over (ie: it doesn't matter if you just got Liles, you get all the pts accumulated this season)? I'd hate to have that rules in a serious pool, but for your office, it's kind of fun and exploitable, I suppose, assuming you play with math-challenged Barbies
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#40 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

View PostMercury69, on Monday, February 7th, 2011, 12:27 PM, said:

Blown MCL and ACL = OuchWas the jump a result of all points being moved over (ie: it doesn't matter if you just got Liles, you get all the pts accumulated this season)? I'd hate to have that rules in a serious pool, but for your office, it's kind of fun and exploitable, I suppose, assuming you play with math-challenged Barbies
Yeah, the jump was as a result of getting credit for all points previously accumulated by Thomas and Liles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users