6 replies to this topic

#1 Shark527

Shark527

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit cash games and NL tournies

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

Recently ran across the .25/.50 20bb CAP game on Stars. The max that can go in at any point of the hand cannot exceed the 20bb ($10). It's caught my interest. What is some general strategy for a low cap limit?Usually push or fold every hand you intend on playing? I make my normal raise when first to open, and if there is a raise in front, just push over and cap it?Another point I've noticed is smaller pairs are pretty much useless heads up in this situation correct? If I am in the BB with 55, and there is a single raise to me, I'm pretty much push or fold? I'm not getting the price to set mine so,The game overall seems very loose and probably pretty profitable. I've only played about 350 hands or so but I thought it was something to look into.Pickin brains for ideas, Thanks
This space for rent. - Sponser my posts

#2 donk4life

donk4life

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

Cap poker is the devil, avoid it at all costs.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#3 babylondonks

babylondonks

I have had a perfectly wonderful evening

• Members
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:34 AM

especially when bumhunting

#4 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

to play a cap game well imo you need to be betting bigger pre and 3 betting bigger to avoid as many streets as possible bc noone will have the chips to create implied odds for the most part. i could even see just 3 bet shoving.
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#5 theMONARCH

theMONARCH

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

Yeah it turns into a crap shoot pretty fast if your playing aggressive. Actually pretty much if anyone plays aggressive.

#6 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

View PosttheMONARCH, on Monday, December 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

Yeah it turns into a crap shoot pretty fast if your playing aggressive. Actually pretty much if anyone plays aggressive.
yah but if say you play tournies and have a good push fold game, just like super turbo sngs an stuff it can be wildly profitable seeing how most none regs dont know how to play that well.
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#7 BellaireDrew

BellaireDrew

starting over

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:21 AM

View Postdonk4life, on Saturday, December 18th, 2010, 1:47 PM, said:

Cap poker is the devil, avoid it at all costs.
THIS
QUOTE (cwik @ Sunday, November 16th, 2008, 1:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try balancing your range by beating her when you had a good day too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users