Daniel Negreanu And Phil Hellmuth Are Two Of Pokers Narcissists

this is not a flame topic, no need to offend anyone, I hope we can have a civilized discussion here.1° Phil Hellmuth is a classical narcissist, its so clear that I dont think it has to be discussed, he is horrible in poker and should not be there, yet he is addicted to being on TV, eventhough he loses EVERY time. His child in him is so visible that a book on narcissism should be written about Phil.But I think there is another NPD on the poker scene, the oh so cool and fake Daniel Negreanu.2° Daniel Negreanu is a more disguised narcissist, a much smarter one, here are my thoughts about him:a) Daniel loves to read other's opinion on him on the internet, searching for narcissistic supply (basically meaning he is looking for confirmation of how great and wonderful he is), when he discovers less than loving words, he usually interferers and tries to prove that he is as great as he believes he is.b) Daniel is a horrible player, yet, the attention w**** inside of him demands tv time, so he sarcifices the resources to play on shows like poker after dark, pokerstars big game etc. He NEEDS validation, he NEEDS to be out there, with people whos talent is real; not imagined.c) Daniel is clearly a people pleaser, it shines through him, its all about his attetude on the table. In fact, this serves two purposes: 1° he likes being liked 2° he is probably very unfure of himselfd) his nervous tics are clear, its also a sign of a personality disorder, many narcissists have tics.e) while he pretends to be this nice great person, in fact, deep inside he is quite the opposite, i have done enough research to prove that point. He is a very cold, arrogant douche, with no real emotions, feelings and more. He feels like he is a god, (an ultimate dream of every narcissist is to be regarded as a god).your thoughts?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not a flame topic, no need to offend anyone, I hope we can have a civilized discussion here.1° Phil Hellmuth is a classical narcissist, its so clear that I dont think it has to be discussed, he is horrible in poker and should not be there, yet he is addicted to being on TV, eventhough he loses EVERY time. His child in him is so visible that a book on narcissism should be written about Phil.But I think there is another NPD on the poker scene, the oh so cool and fake Daniel Negreanu.2° Daniel Negreanu is a more disguised narcissist, a much smarter one, here are my thoughts about him:a) Daniel loves to read other's opinion on him on the internet, searching for narcissistic supply (basically meaning he is looking for confirmation of how great and wonderful he is), when he discovers less than loving words, he usually interferers and tries to prove that he is as great as he believes he is.b) Daniel is a horrible player, yet, the attention w**** inside of him demands tv time, so he sarcifices the resources to play on shows like poker after dark, pokerstars big game etc. He NEEDS validation, he NEEDS to be out there, with people whos talent is real; not imagined.c) Daniel is clearly a people pleaser, it shines through him, its all about his attetude on the table. In fact, this serves two purposes: 1° he likes being liked 2° he is probably very unfure of himselfd) his nervous tics are clear, its also a sign of a personality disorder, many narcissists have tics.e) while he pretends to be this nice great person, in fact, deep inside he is quite the opposite, i have done enough research to prove that point. He is a very cold, arrogant douche, with no real emotions, feelings and more. He feels like he is a god, (an ultimate dream of every narcissist is to be regarded as a god).your thoughts?
disagree. Daniel is a really good poker player. He just plays against great players on those poker shows and looks bad because of it.What he is probably the best at is playing against bad players and intermediate players. He will win more money from those players faster then most people in the world. He has the record for busting loose cannons this season on PokerStars Big game. He has very consistent tournament results, the second on the all time money list. What research?

Is this real life??E-narcissists post really crude, up front things, typically under the guise of "not hating" or "trying to have a discussion" imo.It never ceases to amaze me how crass society gets behind the comfort of a computer monitor. You are more than within your right to have your opinions about PH or DN. Plz try and see the hypocricy of creating an account on DN's website, obviously full of DN followers, to post dissing DN. But you aren't trying to get attention, you want to have a real conversation. LOL.

Is this real life??E-narcissists post really crude, up front things, typically under the guise of "not hating" or "trying to have a discussion" imo.It never ceases to amaze me how crass society gets behind the comfort of a computer monitor. You are more than within your right to have your opinions about PH or DN. Plz try and see the hypocricy of creating an account on DN's website, obviously full of DN followers, to post dissing DN. But you aren't trying to get attention, you want to have a real conversation. LOL.
Max you hit this dead onhey clueless, look at the stats again, or is it envy, jealously + the attention you want

there we go. this is quite strange how you are trying to protect your "hero" from the obvious truth that DN is idd a narcissits. I opened this topic to talk about him and was interested in your opinions about HIM; and instead we are getting replies over me :)come on guys, dont u see that DN is a fake during the shows ?

there we go. this is quite strange how you are trying to protect your "hero" from the obvious truth that DN is idd a narcissits. I opened this topic to talk about him and was interested in your opinions about HIM; and instead we are getting replies over me :club:come on guys, dont u see that DN is a fake during the shows ?
You mean that a TV show is forcing issues and conditions to make it the most watchable and exciting while letting reality take a back seat?I don't believe you.

I really hate when people say Phil is bad at poker. I've never seen any player in the entire world get as unlucky as he does.Daniel was starting to tick me off the last couple months, but lately he has gotten a lot betterand has become much more entertaining to watch.To be honest, they have huge tournament results and phil has more bracelets than anyone else alive.I think they are allowed to be a little narcissistic.

And I dare any of you to have a camera follow you around and have microphones and newspaper articles and tv show producers stroking your ego for years on end and not become a bit full of yourself.Go ahead, I dare you

My thoughts are you're a ****en player hater. Daniel Negreanu is in Vegas right now probably getting a blowjob from Amber Heard. And you're on this site hating.... you are world's away from what those two men have accomplished with their lives(unless of coarse you're a self-made millionaire too) .

I really hate when people say Phil is bad at poker. I've never seen any player in the entire world get as unlucky as he does.
But then one day HE JUST SMOOTH CALLS WITH ACES AND THEY GET ALL THEIR MONEY IN DRAWING DEAD!
I resent being called a DN follower
can I follow you instead lol
Is that what you mean by research?I'd also like to hear more about how facial tics mean personality disorder.
Pretty well known that John Wilkes Booth used to grind his teeth during Hail to the Chief...
I dont hate DN, I just say "he is not what he appears to be, in fact, he is totally different from his normal TV self". Btw, Doyle once said that DN was not such a nice guy too :club:
Have you considered that maybe then Phil Hellmuth isn't the douchebag he plays on TV?????If DN is nice on TV but a jerk in real life because he blinks a lot, then maybe Phil is a jerk on TV but a real sweetheart in real life?
I'd also like to hear more about how facial tics mean personality disorder.
1° its a common thing for people with PDs to have tics2° DN says he does not have a tic, he blames his facial tics on the lights which are "too bright", while in fact, he has the same tics when he is outside.