Athiest Billboard

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#1 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

thought this was amusing:http://religion.blog...roversy/?hpt=C2
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#2 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

"We are addressing the 50 million atheists in this nation," Silverman said. I think he's targeting the wrong group."There is no flying reindeer in the Bible," he said. "This is not just about Jesus." Watch your back, Santa Claus!

#3 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,052 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

This holiday:Atheist donated $20,000 to place a sign up.Christians donated $mm to feed the poorWe win again.and the number of atheist not taking Christmas day off....zero
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#4 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 2:19 PM, said:

This holiday:Atheist donated $20,000 to place a sign up.Christians donated $mm to feed the poorWe win again.and the number of atheist not taking Christmas day off....zero
umm, the Catholics spent 20K to put up a sign simply to respond to atheists.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#5 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,538 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

....Which means that the atheists actually wasted FORTY thousand!
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#6 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

from Herman Mehta, the friendly athiest.The atheist billboard is far from negative. Itís a call for honesty and an urging for atheists to come out of the closet.If your sensibilities are ďassaultedĒ by a sign that simply points out that your beliefs are a myth, I donít know how you get through the day. You might disagree, but that should be the extent of your concern.Meanwhile, the Catholic League billboard tells Christians nothing they havenít heard before. Maybe some of them will smile as they see it, but itís not going to have a long-lasting effect.One bright side to the new billboard: It will ensure that AAís president Dave Silverman remains in the media spotlight for another day or two as he gets inundated with interview requests. So, thanks for that, Bill
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#7 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,332 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

They should have gotten a less-Muslim-looking guy to be their spokesman. At least shave your beard, hippie!What the hell is the King Kong Theory though?
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#8 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM, said:

The atheist billboard is...a call for honesty and an urging for atheists to come out of the closet.Meanwhile, the Catholic League billboard tells Christians nothing they havenít heard before...itís not going to have a long-lasting effect.
Really? I mean...really?Posted Image

#9 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,332 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

The Catholic guy seems to have confused atheism with nihilism. I get the feeling he's also terrible at science.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#10 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

Pretty sure Balloon guy isn't Catholic.

#11 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 4:44 PM, said:

The Catholic guy seems to have confused atheism with nihilism. I get the feeling he's also terrible at science.
Ha, that's Bill Donahoe, the Catholic League President in the US and yes, he's an idiot.

#12 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 4:40 PM, said:

Really? I mean...really?Posted Image
Aww, little bunny, don't worry, we'll save you at Easter.

#13 SlapStick

SlapStick

I'll be glad to see you later

• Members
  • 3,698 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

The Atheists that did that are idiots.Let the religious people be outlandish and outspoken. All the while they know we are sitting there being smug and have so many reasons to prove that they are just hanging onto something that is outdated and lets them ignore reality by pretending it wil alll better afterwards. I prefer my quiet arrogance than assholes putting up signs like that and do not expect adds like this from most atheists....ohhhh, they're Americans.
Luck123: Hi everyone :)
Ziigmund: f u luck

My favourite thread in the whole wide world
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=126798

#14 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

View PostSlapStick, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 3:29 PM, said:

The Atheists that did that are idiots.Let the religious people be outlandish and outspoken. All the while they know we are sitting there being smug and have so many reasons to prove that they are just hanging onto something that is outdated and lets them ignore reality by pretending it wil alll better afterwards. I prefer my quiet arrogance than assholes putting up signs like that and do not expect adds like this from most atheists....ohhhh, they're Americans.
I think we've let the religious view dominate the public view long enough. I think its time for people to start feeling comfortable saying what they really think about religion. This quote gets to the heart of the problem: "I'm not Hindu, I'm not Buddhist, I'm not Jewish but I wouldn't go around denigrating other people's religions and their gods," he said. "[Silverman] ought to respect our religion. He doesn't have to join it."There is absolutely no reason that all beliefs deserve "respect", no matter how ridiculous and wrong they are. Do we have to respect Naziism, Astrology, Balloon Guy and UFO cults too?

#15 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 4:09 PM, said:

I think we've let the religious view dominate the public view long enough. I think its time for people to start feeling comfortable saying what they really think about religion. This quote gets to the heart of the problem: "I'm not Hindu, I'm not Buddhist, I'm not Jewish but I wouldn't go around denigrating other people's religions and their gods," he said. "[Silverman] ought to respect our religion. He doesn't have to join it."There is absolutely no reason that all beliefs deserve "respect", no matter how ridiculous and wrong they are. Do we have to respect Naziism, Astrology, Balloon Guy and UFO cults too?
You have to respect my raises.But I fear you have opened a Pandora's box. I can see the Catholic league retaliating to this attack on their beliefs to coincide with one of their holiest holidays.Watch for an equally offensive add near April 1st for the response.Something like: "Being a fool doesn't mean you have to buy the lie of evolution."

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#16 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

View PostRoll the Bones, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM, said:

from Herman Mehta, the friendly athiest.The atheist billboard is far from negative. Itís a call for honesty and an urging for atheists to come out of the closet.If your sensibilities are ďassaultedĒ by a sign that simply points out that your beliefs are a myth, I donít know how you get through the day. You might disagree, but that should be the extent of your concern.Meanwhile, the Catholic League billboard tells Christians nothing they havenít heard before. Maybe some of them will smile as they see it, but itís not going to have a long-lasting effect.One bright side to the new billboard: It will ensure that AAís president Dave Silverman remains in the media spotlight for another day or two as he gets inundated with interview requests. So, thanks for that, Bill
This line is funny, you admit that atheist are lying cowards, while asking them to defy their nature.It's better if they just stay the tiny 1% of the population all alone with their little whiny messages.They venture out into the real world and people see them for the parasites that feed of civilizations founded on Christians ideals that they are, the public may not be so willing to coddle their sensitive little feelings.

#17 Mills

Mills

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Not really on board with this one... I agree that encouraging those with a lack of belief to speak up is a worthwile cause, but how does this exactly accomplish that? This seems like an excuse to take a swipe at Christians and Christmas, which just seems like a waste of time to me.Spending 20K on something like this is a money burn.Luckily, Bill Donahue stepped in, so the bigger ******* is once again on the side of religion... that was close.

#18 BaseJester

BaseJester

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,108 posts
  • Interests:Juggling. Ventriloquism. Story-telling.
  • Favorite Poker Game:The quintain

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:59 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 7:35 PM, said:

They venture out into the real world and people see them for the parasites that feed of civilizations founded on Christians ideals that they are, the public may not be so willing to coddle their sensitive little feelings.
Do you remember from history when Constantine converted and he demolished the whole empire, destroyed all the books, and civilization started from scratch again?
If everybody is thinking the same thing, then somebody isn't thinking.
- General George Patton

#19 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

View PostBaseJester, on Thursday, December 2nd, 2010, 4:59 AM, said:

Do you remember from history when Constantine converted and he demolished the whole empire, destroyed all the books, and civilization started from scratch again?
Good times.....Remember when Pol Pot had everyone with reading glasses killed because they were too smart and wouldn't conform to his version of communism?

#20 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010, 4:09 PM, said:

Guess I am in good company

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users