19 replies to this topic

#1 nicoitalia17

nicoitalia17

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold'em

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

Ok so im still trying to get over this hand that knocked me out of a local in person tourney a week and a half ago. I'd like to get your feedback on how it was played and what i should have done differently if anything. This was a tourney where you started with 3,000 in chips and blinds went up every 15 minutes. BLinds at this point were at 50/100 so only the second level of play. About 45 people total in the tourney.- I look down at Pocket Kings! Premium starting hand! - I open up in early position and make it 250Everyone folds to an older gentelemen that calls on the button.Flop comes: AA7I bet another $250 to see where he is at and make it seem like I hit potentially. I figure he is only going to call me if he has an Ace or some sort of pocket pairHe callsTurn comes a 10 (there is no flush draw on the board).I check; he checksRiver turns a King. So I now have Kings full of Aces. I Bet another $250; he raises to $600. I push all in (I figured he had trips of some sort).He deliberates then he calls. I turn over KK and he has A10 for aces full of tens.Did I play it bad? I'm thinking and going back to it I didn't think of all of the possible options he had. I def. didn't see the A10 coming. Maybe I should have just called him at the end or even maybe have made a slight re-raise. I didn't think he had me beat since I had arguably one of the best possible hands in poker. He later told me he thought I had AK, but had to make the call.That was the end of the tournament for me! Too aggressive?

#2 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

I like to hide in plain sight.

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:MTTs

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

punch him in the face for slowrolling you.

#3 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

FCP Resident Donk

• Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

such slowrolls...i think he should have thought a bit more about your range
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#4 tbrick412

tbrick412

cellar dweller

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Poker, video games, attending college, drinking.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em SNG's/MTT's

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

he played it fine, your range is polarized to AK or air.
tbrick412(cedar falls) on stars/ftp
tbrick286 on AIM

#5 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

You should have bet the turn for a bit more information!

#6 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

fold preflop, you are in bad shape against an ace.

#7 nicoitalia17

nicoitalia17

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

Do you mean fold post flop?Also- i know he played it fine for the most part; i was more concerned on how i played it. I thought for sure he had an ace , so i figuredon the river i had him beat as he probably had trips. I also thought maybe he had AAo well! Interesting to say the least...

#8 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

spew and gloat section. how is a house over house in this spot not there. this is nothing more then a sick cooler. it is extremely unlikely.
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#9 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

FCP Resident Donk

• Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

View Postnicoitalia17, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 10:52 AM, said:

Do you mean fold post flop?Also- i know he played it fine for the most part; i was more concerned on how i played it. I thought for sure he had an ace , so i figuredon the river i had him beat as he probably had trips. I also thought maybe he had AAo well! Interesting to say the least...
there is nothing interesting about this hand tbh
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#10 offset

offset

Not a Kangaroo

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

I don't know how bad players at your local tourney are, but did you really think he was going to call your push with just trips?

#11 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:28 AM

View Postoffset, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM, said:

I don't know how bad players at your local tourney are, but did you really think he was going to call your push with just trips?
People never do that, ever.

#12 nicoitalia17

nicoitalia17

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:00 AM

[quote name='outsider13' date='Friday, October 29th, 2010, 6:28 AM' post='3409314']People never do that, ever.[/quoteIf you had three aces, but not a full house you are saying you would have laid it down? I think its easier said then done

#13 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

I should have added a sarcasm warning

#14 JSpencer

JSpencer

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

View Postoutsider13, on Friday, October 29th, 2010, 7:15 AM, said:

The ",ever" is your sarcasm warning. I immediately noted it. That being said, I don't really consider it "slow-rolling" if he thinksabout if for a bit. Only the second level and although he is probablynever ever folding here, I don't mind him thinking about the situation.Sick River. Fold Pre-Flop and this doesn't happen though. He obviouslyhas an ace and therefore has awesome equity against you pre. Plus I think I flat or fold on the river.

#15 ThePokerGoon

ThePokerGoon

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Stud H/l

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

View Postnutzzcase, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM, said:

fold preflop, you are in bad shape against an ace.
Folding KK preflop is probably the worst solution to this guys question. if not two unders or a pair, Ace under is the best situation you could ask for. nothing but a sick cooler, if kings were good from the flop, they were good the whole way. poor judgment on the flop and a bad turn check forced you into this cooler, a bet on the turn could have pushed you off led by his reraise or flat call for show of strength.

#16 JSpencer

JSpencer

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

If you are up against an ace preflop you should always fold kings.If an ace comes, it makes your hand second best. And it's not really a situation we want to be in.

#17 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

View PostJSpencer, on Sunday, October 31st, 2010, 1:34 PM, said:

If you are up against an ace preflop you should always fold kings.If an ace comes, it makes your hand second best. And it's not really a situation we want to be in.
this

#18 XXEddie

XXEddie

I have a pair, I have a top pair.

• Members
  • 13,401 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

View Postoffset, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM, said:

It truly is a wonder as to why this forum is so dead nowadays.....

#19 nicoitalia17

nicoitalia17

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

View Postoutsider13, on Friday, October 29th, 2010, 6:15 AM, said:

No worries, I sensed the sarcasim. I was actually trying to reply to the person who said "I don't know how bad players at your local tourney are, but did you really think he was going to call your push with just trips? "The players at the tourney are pretty good for the most part.

#20 droberts

droberts

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Interests:my family, hunting, fishing, and of course, poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:texas holdem

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

View PostThePokerGoon, on Sunday, October 31st, 2010, 1:52 PM, said:

Folding KK preflop is probably the worst solution to this guys question. if not two unders or a pair, Ace under is the best situation you could ask for. nothing but a sick cooler, if kings were good from the flop, they were good the whole way. poor judgment on the flop and a bad turn check forced you into this cooler, a bet on the turn could have pushed you off led by his reraise or flat call for show of strength.
advanced strat ITT. villain skips the raise and just reraises instead.. u would def know he has an ace then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users