Jump to content


Chicago Bulls


110 replies to this topic

#41 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

Ugh... if we just bury the open 3's that we've been making all year long, we win that game. At least have a much better shot.Korver doesn't usually miss 2 in a row, and he missed all of them tonight.4-20 from 3, and 40% overall.Lakers shot the same percentage overall, but if you saw the game, you know it's because they had a hand in their face a LOT! The defense played well enough to win, but the Lakers buried almost all the open 3's they had and we missed almost all of ours.
-Kurt

#42 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

View PostSuited_Up, on Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010, 10:38 PM, said:

Ugh... if we just bury the open 3's that we've been making all year long, we win that game. At least have a much better shot.Korver doesn't usually miss 2 in a row, and he missed all of them tonight.4-20 from 3, and 40% overall.Lakers shot the same percentage overall, but if you saw the game, you know it's because they had a hand in their face a LOT! The defense played well enough to win, but the Lakers buried almost all the open 3's they had and we missed almost all of ours.
Ya Korver was def way off tonight. I love the Bulls more and more every time I watch them. Can't wait to see how good they are when Boozer comes back.

#43 bigkg

bigkg

    Douchebag

  • Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IUB
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...p/post?id=22031

Quote

From the Elias Sports Bureau: Derrick Rose has 307 points and 101 assists in Chicago's 12 games this season. Rose is the ninth different player in NBA history with at least 300 points and 100 assists in his team's first 12 games of a season. Oscar Robertson did it five times, Dave Bing (1968-69), Jerry West (1970-71), Nate Archibald (1972-73), Isiah Thomas (1984-85), Michael Adams (1991-92), Gary Payton (2000-01) and Allen Iverson (2005-06).


#44 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

    KOWTF

  • Members
  • 3,322 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

What kind of stat is that?Is there some sort of significance to the first 12 games of the season?

#45 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

Noah is so freaking valuable. I'm not sure if there's 15 guys more valuable than him.The Bulls are my favorite team this year other than Lakers of course.

#46 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010, 11:08 PM, said:

Noah is so freaking valuable. I'm not sure if there's 15 guys more valuable than him.The Bulls are my favorite team this year other than Lakers of course.
In the offseason with all the Melo talk and how they wouldn't trade Noah, I was like, shit, Melo is a top 5 guy.. make the deal. But I'm not so sure anymore. Noah is probably the 2nd best Center in the NBA behind Howard, and even that depends what you want from the position. I would say Gasol, though he's technically a PF right? But Noah shut him down pretty good. So yeah... I am starting to think the front office made the right call. Especially if you consider all the intangibles he bring that you can't get from almost anyone else in the league. Bulls just need Boozer back and a decent backup PG, and if we could get a real SG we'd be ridiculous.Nice win spotting Phoenix 23 and not having a PF at all tonight.
-Kurt

#47 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,674 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010, 5:44 PM, said:

What kind of stat is that?Is there some sort of significance to the first 12 games of the season?
it's 1/7th of the season?
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#48 bigkg

bigkg

    Douchebag

  • Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IUB
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010, 6:44 PM, said:

What kind of stat is that?Is there some sort of significance to the first 12 games of the season?
I just embrace any opportunity to contribute to the Derrick Rose circlejerk.

#49 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

Holy crossover!
-Kurt

#50 bigkg

bigkg

    Douchebag

  • Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IUB
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

5 in a rowRose has slowly increased his 3pt% over the course of the season, and he is currently at 38.6% after going 5-6 from three tonight. It is pretty clear from watching him how much confidence he has in his shot right now. I just hope he can keep it up.

#51 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Derrick Rose is so effing good, I can't believe it. I get multiple boners over the course of every Bulls game I watch. I was like Ron Burgundy last night watching him beat the Lakers with ridiculous shot after ridiculous shot, I couldn't even get mad.

#52 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:51 PM

Ohh No!Asik time? I don't think you can roll out there with Boozer and Gibson against normal-size teams?

#53 bigkg

bigkg

    Douchebag

  • Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:IUB
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:05 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Thursday, December 16th, 2010, 12:51 AM, said:

Ohh No!Asik time? I don't think you can roll out there with Boozer and Gibson against normal-size teams?
Yea, Asik is going to have to step up big here. He has proven himself a capable defender and rebounder, but he has also had trouble staying out of foul trouble. He is not going to score many points, but he has shown some improvement over the year with his scoring touch and footwork around the basket. We may also see the Bulls go small against some teams with Deng playing the 4 and Boozer/Gibson at the five. Kurt Thomas will also be seeing some more playing time along with (gulp) Scalabrine. Fortunately, the Bulls' schedule over the next few weeks is filled with many sub .500 teams.

#54 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:05 AM

couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#55 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

    KOWTF

  • Members
  • 3,322 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:18 AM

This will let the Bulls slide into the 4/5 seed for a second round match-up against the Heat (who I still assume will get the #1 seed over Boston after they do their 2nd half swoon).Speaking of Boston, I was hoping this was going to make the Grammatica Hall of Fame for stupid celebration injuries, but no such luck.Posted ImageAnd Pierce's shot went in at .8, not .4, which might've made Amare's shot good, but probably not.Wait, which thread am I in?

#56 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Aren't the Bulls automatically the #3 seed if they win their division? I was assuming Miami would have to play Orlando in round 2 if they got the one seed because they are both in the SouthEast. But I don't know if Orlando jumps a division winner if they win more games.I'd rather play a healthy Orlando than a healthy Chicago. Bulls have a higher ceiling.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#57 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

    KOWTF

  • Members
  • 3,322 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, December 16th, 2010, 8:40 AM, said:

Aren't the Bulls automatically the #3 seed if they win their division? I was assuming Miami would have to play Orlando in round 2 if they got the one seed because they are both in the SouthEast. But I don't know if Orlando jumps a division winner if they win more games.
Maybe. I never get the NBA playoffs right. But maybe Chicago doesn't win the division. Maybe, um, maybe...good lord what an awful division.

#58 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

Bulls get 4th at worst if they win the division.So yeah, they won't be a 5 seed.I'm cautiously optimistic that this won't hurt us as much as you'd expect though. We were something like 13-6 without Boozer with one of, if not the toughest schedule up to that point. He's finally back and playing well the past few games, and Noah has been sub par the past week or two because of this thumb. But it's essentially trading Noah for Boozer, and if Asik can improve a little on picking up bad fouls, I think we'll be fine. Gibson is really strong defensively, and Luol can guard 3 positions, so there's some flexibility. Bulls are 11-0 against teams with a losing record currently. Over the next 8 weeks, they have 22 games vs losing teams, 7 vs winning teams.I sure hope it's on the short end of 8 weeks though.
-Kurt

#59 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

View Postbigkg, on Thursday, December 16th, 2010, 8:05 AM, said:

Yea, Asik is going to have to step up big here. He has proven himself a capable defender and rebounder, but he has also had trouble staying out of foul trouble. He is not going to score many points, but he has shown some improvement over the year with his scoring touch and footwork around the basket. We may also see the Bulls go small against some teams with Deng playing the 4 and Boozer/Gibson at the five. Kurt Thomas will also be seeing some more playing time along with (gulp) Scalabrine. Fortunately, the Bulls' schedule over the next few weeks is filled with many sub .500 teams.
Oh, they have Kurt Thomas, who knew? I've always been a big fan. Hope he's not washed up to the point he can't give them spot minutes.

#60 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Thursday, December 16th, 2010, 3:11 PM, said:

Oh, they have Kurt Thomas, who knew? I've always been a big fan. Hope he's not washed up to the point he can't give them spot minutes.
Surprisingly, he's been really effective. He can't move a ton, but he's got those old man veteran tricks that he uses really well. His hand is always slapping the ball out or he's taking charges, nice putbacks and hitting the 15-16 footer. That being said... Boozer 4 MVP after this game. Dominated Detroit.Rose was 2 Assists from a Triple Double, but he didn't seem to have nearly as good a game as Boozer.
-Kurt



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users