110 replies to this topic

#1 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Season kicks off tonight against OKC.Here are some random predictions for the Bulls this year:
  • They will win 50+ games.
  • Rose will average at least 8 apg but will see small a decrease in scoring.
  • The Bulls will surprise people with their depth. Gibson and Johnson will show much improvement, and Omer Asik will emerge as a solid center off the bench.
  • Deng will shoot >40% from three this year.
  • The Bulls will lose in the second round of the playoffs to the Heat.

#2 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

i love watching D Rose play.
Spoiler

#3 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

View Postbigkg, on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010, 12:42 PM, said:

Here are some random predictions for the Bulls this year:
  • Rose will average at least 8 apg but will see small a decrease in scoring.
Not if he keeps putting up 31 shots a game. Jesus. Note: I didn't see the game. Related note: I love looking through basketball box scores, especially when they've got the +/- stat. For example, DeMarcus Cousins was +18 in a one point win. Even though Luis Scola (!) scored 36 for the Rockets in their four point loss, he had the worst +/- at -10. Ersan Ilyasova (who?) of the Bucks played 16 minutes and was -17; Larry Sanders of the same Bucks only played 4 minutes and was +11. The entire Blazers starting group had double digit + numbers while not a single bench player was positive.

#4 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM, said:

Not if he keeps putting up 31 shots a game. Jesus.
He was going to the rim early and was dominating the game. But he decided to start taking jump shots later in the game, a lot of which were forced. I'm happy that he has this much confidence in his own shot, but not even established shooters would have taken some of the shots he did.The 2 spot on this team is basically a black hole on offense. The Bulls are really going to struggle to score at times until Boozer comes back with no one that can create their own offense outside of Rose.

#5 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,066 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 9:15 AM, said:

Related note: I love looking through basketball box scores, especially when they've got the +/- stat. For example, DeMarcus Cousins was +18 in a one point win. Even though Luis Scola (!) scored 36 for the Rockets in their four point loss, he had the worst +/- at -10. Ersan Ilyasova (who?) of the Bucks played 16 minutes and was -17; Larry Sanders of the same Bucks only played 4 minutes and was +11. The entire Blazers starting group had double digit + numbers while not a single bench player was positive.
His name is really fantastic to say. I only know of him because the Celtics radio guys love saying it, and he usually lights up the C's.

View Postbigkg, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM, said:

He was going to the rim early and was dominating the game. But he decided to start taking jump shots later in the game, a lot of which were forced. I'm happy that he has this much confidence in his own shot, but not even established shooters would have taken some of the shots he did.The 2 spot on this team is basically a black hole on offense. The Bulls are really going to struggle to score at times until Boozer comes back with no one that can create their own offense outside of Rose.
Good thing they didn't want to acquire that Carmelo guy. He can't score at all.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#6 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 3:28 PM, said:

His name is really fantastic to say. I only know of him because the Celtics radio guys love saying it, and he usually lights up the C's.Good thing they didn't want to acquire that Carmelo guy. He can't score at all.
Any time you can overpay a guy like Joakim Noah, you gotta pull the trigger.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#7 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 2:28 PM, said:

Good thing they didn't want to acquire that Carmelo guy. He can't score at all.
I am one of the few pro-Melo Bulls fans.

#8 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 7,066 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

View Postbigkg, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 12:44 PM, said:

I am one of the few pro-Melo Bulls fans.
I understand why they didn't want to do it, but jeez, make Boozer man up and play a position that requires a little more effort for the better of the team. We won't be able to see how their current decision plays out until Boozer gets fully integrated, obviously, but how many teams are turning down 'Melo?Note: I can read, and am not directing this at you bigkg.
I'd lend a hand, but it's stuck in the fist and gun position.

#9 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

Agree 100%. The Bulls upgraded but are still clearly 4th in the East. Maybe Carmelo works out maybe not but at least you give yourself a chance. Locking up all that cap room on a role player (though a good one) has consigned the Bulls to being an afterthought imo.

#10 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

View PostTheraflu, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM, said:

His name is really fantastic to say. I only know of him because the Celtics radio guys love saying it, and he usually lights up the C's.Good thing they didn't want to acquire that Carmelo guy. He can't score at all.
No one is a bigger Carmelo guy than me, but you can't give up Noah to get him.

#11 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 4:19 PM, said:

No one is a bigger Carmelo guy than me, but you can't give up Noah to get him.
where do you see him ending up? i just cant see him anywhere but the knicks. i mean who has what the nuggs would want and would be willing to part with it?
Spoiler

#12 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 5:20 PM, said:

where do you see him ending up? i just cant see him anywhere but the knicks. i mean who has what the nuggs would want and would be willing to part with it?
Jersey if they can involve the right 3rd team.

#13 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

Nice win tonight against the Blazers, Deng scoring 40 is very promising.After three games there are a few things that are starting to worry me a little. The Bulls are fouling at a fairly high rate. This could just be them getting used to a new defensive system with Thibodeau, but it's certainly something to look out for. Their free-throw shooting has been pretty bad. Over their three games they have shot 13/22, 22/31 and 19/32, respectively. These are things that can be fixed, so they may not that big of a deal quite yet.

#14 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

pretty small sample size. i wouldnt even begin to worry about any negative trends until 15 games in.
Spoiler

#15 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, October 28th, 2010, 2:20 PM, said:

I would love to see him go to Chicago for Deng and whatever junk they won't need once they have him, but I think he'll probably go to NY. I can't see him agreeing to an extension with the Nets, especially since they have to play in New Jersey for one more year I believe.My wet dream scenario:Carmelo goes to NYMiami loses to Boston this yearLakers beat Boston againMiami gets to the Finals in 2012Lakers beat MiamiChris Paul signs with NYNY beats Miami the next 4 yearsKobe completes his 6-peat at the GardenKobe tells MJ to suck itKobe retiresKobe moves to Europe to playNBA merges with EuroleaguesKobe wins 2 more titlesArmageddon

#16 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

That's a pretty great scenario.

#17 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

An actual play! Thibodeau is already proving his superiority to VDN.http://nbaplaybook.c...close-the-half/

#18 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 1:11 AM, said:

My wet dream scenario:Carmelo goes to NYMiami loses to Boston this yearLakers beat Boston againMiami gets to the Finals in 2012Lakers beat MiamiChris Paul signs with NYNY beats Miami the next 4 yearsKobe completes his 6-peat at the GardenKobe tells MJ to suck itKobe retiresKobe moves to Europe to playNBA merges with EuroleaguesKobe wins 2 more titlesArmageddon
oh my. well forget any nonsense i may or may not have posted the other day. i want this.
Spoiler

#19 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

View Postbigkg, on Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 3:15 PM, said:

An actual play! Thibodeau is already proving his superiority to VDN.http://nbaplaybook.c...close-the-half/
i love that website.
Spoiler

#20 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

View Postbigkg, on Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010, 3:15 PM, said:

LOL... as if it was ever in question.http://www.latimes.c...,1845117.column
-Kurt

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users