#161 spydur86

spydur86

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:N/L Hold 'em

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

View Postoutsider13, on Thursday, March 31st, 2011, 11:50 AM, said:

I pretty much agree with points 1-3. Thought I would give my thoughts on #4. Yes, life is grand when you minraise and you isolated by a worse hand, but we still don't win those hands 100% of the time either. Just by nature of seeing showdown more, and also hating a lot of flops when flatted, I would think that unexploitable play would gain more.
Yes but if we're not getting "exploited" per se and they're generally getting it in behind, of course we're not going to win 100% but we're still going to make money long term by letting them make mistakes. I understand your point but playing unexploitable also allows them to play perfect poker. "Do I have a hand I can call with? No? Okay I fold." As opposed to "I'm going to shove this sub par hand because I think I have fold equity. Oops I'm behind." I'm definitely in the "let your opponents make the mistakes" camp, and they're going to make a lot more if you hand them the rope. It's probably a stylistic different if money's going in either way though.EDIT: Also, I don't really mind getting flatted by terrible players because if I'm raising preflop and end up out of position I'm going to go n go most of the time anyway. They're folding a lot of flops anyway and if you happen to run into a monster it would've ended up the same as just shoving preflop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users