The Official 2010 Election Thread

• Please log in to reply
548 replies to this topic

#541 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 2:32 PM, said:

I don't know. Palin supporters are pretty loyal. Just look at the fact that Bristol keeps winning the fan voting on Dancing With The Stars while being by far the worst dancer on the show.
Her unfavorables are off the charts though. She is kinda like Hilary Clinton on steroids---politically speaking. Those who love her, LUV her.....but those who dislike her, HATE her.2012 GOP primary should be popcorn worthy anyway
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#542 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,843 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 2:33 PM, said:

Her unfavorables are off the charts though. She is kinda like Hilary Clinton on steroids---politically speaking. Those who love her, LUV her.....but those who dislike her, HATE her.2012 GOP primary should be popcorn worthy anyway
Everybody seems to hate Pelosi including the average Democrat voter and yet she still won the vote for Minority Leader.How clueless is she that she doesn't see how much her being in a position of power hurts her party. So arrogant and delusional.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#543 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 1:01 PM, said:

Everybody seems to hate Pelosi including the average Democrat voter and yet she still won the vote for Minority Leader.How clueless is she that she doesn't see how much her being in a position of power hurts her party. So arrogant and delusional.
agreed...you sum her up quite well.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#544 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM, said:

She won with a 2:1 margin.Asking how she can be so delusional leaves out 2/3rds of the democrats in office who voted her back in after the trouncing they took 2 weeks ago.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#545 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 3:15 PM, said:

She won with a 2:1 margin.Asking how she can be so delusional leaves out 2/3rds of the democrats in office who voted her back in after the trouncing they took 2 weeks ago.
Didn't John Boehner keep his minority leader position after the 2008 trouncing the GOP took? Worked out ok.They should have voted her out because she sucks not as a pandering reaction to the election.

#546 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM, said:

Didn't John Boehner keep his minority leader position after the 2008 trouncing the GOP took? Worked out ok.
Static comparisons are not relevant here.The country was tired of Bush, not the congress, directly.Now they are still trying to like Obama, but can't ignore that someone's head has to role.

They should have voted her out because she sucks not as a pandering reaction to the election.
She sucks at what?Running her party which resulted in them getting huge defeats.Therefore she should have been voted out mainly because of what happened during the election.But what ever reason, hopefully the Michael Savages of San Francisco can gather enough of a vote to remove her permanently from the public eye / trough
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#547 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 3:21 PM, said:

Static comparisons are not relevant here.The country was tired of Bush, not the congress, directly.Now they are still trying to like Obama, but can't ignore that someone's head has to role.She sucks at what?
Nothing is ever relevant to you. Check out congressional GOP approval numbers in 2008. Ick.She sucks at life. There are many more qualified people. You just have to remember that she is very popular on the left. Many on the left think if Obama had her balls that people would have liked the legislation passed in the last two years. This is fantasy but things like minority leader usually get decided by the base not by common sense.Seriously, though, if the GOP didn't feel the need to replace Boehner in 2008, criticism of keeping Pelosi rings a bit hollow.I'm just glad people are totally committing to getting rid of earmarks. That's 0.3% of congressional spending we just might wipe out, baby. USA! USA! USA!

#548 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,843 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

My understanding is that the one thing Pelosi is really good at is raising money and that a lot of Democrats in Congress owe her for the money she's helped them raise.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#549 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, 2:06 PM, said:

My understanding is that the one thing Pelosi is really good at is raising money and that a lot of Democrats in Congress owe her for the money she's helped them raise.
That would add up. when nothing seems right...follow the money!! I personally am just glad she is still in charge and still in the public eye. I am very happy that independents and conservative democrat voters will continue to see her, Harry and Barak as the face of the party for the next 2 years...see democrats and republicans can agree. we are all happy that nancy is the minority boss....
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users